The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's really rough Josh. I truly wish one of you could stay back......having that peace of mind while one of you is with them is priceless.

I know you guys love the couple that keeps them for you but when they are going through this no one can replace the parents.

Sending love and good energy to you all. Feeling helpless about a loved one's condition is just heart wrenching...

That's really rough Josh. I truly wish one of you could stay back......having that peace of mind while one of you is with them is priceless.

I know you guys love the couple that keeps them for you but when they are going through this no one can replace the parents.

They are wonderful people, but GG is in tears right now because she is expecting "the call". Im thinking about options and going to explore all of them to see about her staying behind.

Just took Ellie and Duke out for a walk.
Ellie is hoping on 3 legs and in pain. Surgery scheduled.
Duke takes off for about 10 steps, gets wobbly and goes down for the count. Its like he is dazed and confused and takes a good 30 seconds of GG holding his head in her hands to get up and finish his walk.

The vet has told us he is not in pain and such a happy dog considering, but its making me cry. We got him far too late in his life and this dog does nothing but enjoy life and love all of those around him and in turn he is getting a raw deal.

What makes it worse...For 10 days we are going to be away from both of them and frankly I dont know what is going to happen while we are gone. I already feel helpless when its an animal, but not being there is truly killing me. If this was any other event, we wouldnt go and instead send someone. Clearly that cannot happen for obvious reasons.

If bringing them with you were an option, I would come and take care of them while you guys were tied up.
If there were a couch available...

If bringing them with you were an option, I would come and take care of them while you guys were tied up.
If there were a couch available...

Thats incredibly generous MS. It truly is. It is not possible with the housing arrangement that is in place. Just exploring options. I may try to make the drive myself early as planned and have GG just come in for Friday, Sat and Sunday.

Eff ****ing A. Sometimes things about this event set me off, so if you get a message in the next few minutes or the past few about shafts, or small things in the event, please forgive my shortness. Not really teh best time for me to deal with the small details and I mean no harm in it. I know this is a big deal. I understand that this is huge for everybody and I promise nobody will be let down, but right this second, we are having some issues with health and family.

Josh and Morgan. My heart just breaks for you two hearing the love you have for Duke and Ellie.

Erky...that's just horrible. So sorry to hear that. Thoughts out to her family and yours.

Sorry to hear you two. I hope they get better quickly.

They are wonderful people, but GG is in tears right now because she is expecting "the call". Im thinking about options and going to explore all of them to see about her staying behind.

Good bro, family ALWAYS comes first.

I briefly posted about this the other day, but there is an update. A dear friend of our family was in Maui with her family last weekend. While body surfing, she was hit by a wave and knocked under water. She hit her head on the floor of the ocean, and was knocked immediately unconscious. Her neck is broken, and she is in a coma, far away from home. She was without oxygen for a period of time, and the outlook does not look promising. To make matters worse, her young children witnessed the entire thing. My wife and her mother are very close to her, and my wife just called me crying. Things do not look good.

I am really sorry to hear about your friend. Prayers all the family and friends

Just took Ellie and Duke out for a walk.
Ellie is hoping on 3 legs and in pain. Surgery scheduled.
Duke takes off for about 10 steps, gets wobbly and goes down for the count. Its like he is dazed and confused and takes a good 30 seconds of GG holding his head in her hands to get up and finish his walk.

The vet has told us he is not in pain and such a happy dog considering, but its making me cry. We got him far too late in his life and this dog does nothing but enjoy life and love all of those around him and in turn he is getting a raw deal.

What makes it worse...For 10 days we are going to be away from both of them and frankly I dont know what is going to happen while we are gone. I already feel helpless when its an animal, but not being there is truly killing me. If this was any other event, we wouldnt go and instead send someone. Clearly that cannot happen for obvious reasons.

I hate to hear that your pups are having such a hard time. Wish that there was something we could do. It hurts so much when our four legged babies are struggling.

Be the ball!!

I've met your family a few times Josh and Morgan. They are wonderful little beings. They always seemed happy to see me. I was always happy to see them. I am wishing that both of them enjoy themselves going forward. They deserve to be as happy and comfortable as possible. If there's anything I can do, please let me know

Thank you everyone. I am just having a really hard time with this. Seeing Ellie unable to walk on one of her legs, and knowing the day after we return she has to go into surgery is so hard. Then top it off, I watch duke literally fall over into my arms and basically lay still for 30 seconds before coming to is really hard to handle. I just want them to be happy, and I am so scared that when we are away I am going to get a call that Duke passed out and never woke up.

Thank goodness for the people who watch them. They are the most incredible people I know, and I wouldn't trust my babies with anyone else.

Family first guys, family first.

Sometimes you have to take a look at things and realize priorities. At the end of the day, we will all be here. And we will all be happy. You two need to do what you need to do, take care of the pups, we all know what they mean to you guys.

You guys constantly give to others, take a moment out for yourselves.

It pains me to have to read this. Knowing all you do for others and now you have to leave family for an extended period of time is awful. I know you both feel that not being in MB is not an option. Family comes first. Prayers and well thoughts headed your way.

So sorry you all are dealing with this along with everything else going on right now.

Sometimes you have to take a look at things and realize priorities. At the end of the day, we will all be here. And we will all be happy. You two need to do what you need to do, take care of the pups, we all know what they mean to you guys.

Very well said War. You speak for all of us.

Can't be said any better than this.

Josh and Morgan, so sorry to hear what you are going through with Ellie and Duke. I know I have a hard time leaving Beckett even for a few days and he is healthy. Can't even fathom how you are both feeling right now.

Erk so sorry to hear. Prayers be said.

Catching up since this afternoon. Josh and Morgan, I sure am thinking about you guys, considering what we just went through.

One of my late grandfather's good friends passed away a few days ago. Pretty amazing man--holocaust survivor. And after moving to the US, was a business owner for 46 years. Such a nice man and always had a smile on his face when he greeted you.

Also found out that my cousin has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer after already survived breast cancer years ago. She's not in the best spirits right now (for obvious reasons). Life isn't fair sometimes.

Just watched a marriage crap the bed on FB. Listen folks, if you have to argue, don't do it publically. It literally made my chest hurt it was so filled with hate and anger. Lord have mercy.

Just watched a marriage crap the bed on FB. Listen folks, if you have to argue, don't do it publically. It literally made my chest hurt it was so filled with hate and anger. Lord have mercy.

As long as there are no child involved, well then my schadenfreude takes over. Because I'm a jerk

Paid good money to play a nice course twilight only to run into 3 groups on the number 8 tee.
Gridlock ever since.
Frustrated.

Dog-sitting for my brother until Sunday. I love this dog, he is super awesome. What I don't love is that he seems to hate me after having to bring him home tonight.

Then I get him home, get in the backyard with him for a minute to let him get accustomed to the place.... and poof gone.

Out the fence, into the alley, the wife just standing there calling him. Run after him, get him back inside, and he won't come near me. At least he has settled down a bit and has finally laid down.

Erky, that's terrible man. Hoping somehow things turn around.

JB and GG, hate to hear of the issues with both pups. War said it best. I'm sure if you had to move around plans in any way everyone would completely understand, and you'd have plenty of people willing to help in any way they could.

Sorry to hear about your grandpa's friend and cousin, Jeff. Life definitely ain't fair sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back