The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Robin Williams voice] GOOOOOOOD MORNING THP!!!! [/Robin Williams Voice]

Who's Up?

I am up, midas well just get going with my day.

I was going to get up early anyway.
Golf around 9 with a THP'er, might go do a job before...

[ QUOTE=mmaynard11;3169015]Travels...getting read to head to airport.[/QUOTE]
Age travels buddy! Where ya headed?

My wife got offered her old job back in West Palm and she's not sure she wants it back. Selfishly I want it back for her so we can get back to some beautiful beaches, great restaurants, fantastic affordable golf, and wonderful winter weather, needless to say I'd be a hell of a lot closer to the Florida crew for some great get togethers too. Ultimately though it's her decision and I her being happy is more important.

I like that this might happen Trout. It'll be good to get you back to FL

I like that this might happen Trout. It'll be good to get you back to FL

Dude we've been trying hard and I just took a job here lol, I have n idea what the future holds buddy but I hope it involves palm trees. We learned some lessons.

Dude we've been trying hard and I just took a job here lol, I have n idea what the future holds buddy but I hope it involves palm trees. We learned some lessons.

That sounds all too familiar. Something about the word "olina" perhaps..:D

Yeah, the Carolinas are beautiful in their own right but where I want to live there's no work and it's way too cold. It's beautiful here and the folks are some of the nicest i'll ever meet but in the end it's just not for me. I'll miss the convenience of a short drive to the Smokies for some great fishing and beautiful scenery that can't be duplicated anywhere, but I really miss the feeling of modern and the creature comforts that come with it.

You would like this fish pier.

SKY-view_of_bait_shop.jpg

Did I drive past that when going from Tampa to Sarasota? Looks familiar.

Did I drive past that when going from Tampa to Sarasota? Looks familiar.

You did. You were on the big bridge (Sunshine Skyway). That is the old bridge (part of it) that they left up and turned into a fishing pier.

You would like this fish pier.

SKY-view_of_bait_shop.jpg

Haha you're killing me, she's going to fly down next weekend and meet with some people while I'm in Pawleys lol. One visit to Grease or Roccos and she'll be hooked. I do like that pier dude, I'll just have to get back into saltwater fishing. If she played go she wouldn't even question it.

You did. You were on the big bridge (Sunshine Skyway). That is the old bridge (part of it) that they left up and turned into a fishing pier.

Nice, that's pretty cool. Easy way to get into some decent deeper water fishing without a boat.

Yeah, the Carolinas are beautiful in their own right but where I want to live there's no work and it's way too cold. It's beautiful here and the folks are some of the nicest i'll ever meet but in the end it's just not for me. I'll miss the convenience of a short drive to the Smokies for some great fishing and beautiful scenery that can't be duplicated anywhere, but I really miss the feeling of modern and the creature comforts that come with it.
The Carolinas are odd to me. Obviously you have some very beautiful spots through both states in both the east and west. However other than a few areas throughout both states jobs are hard to come by, things are still done as they were back in the day. Now don't get me wrong I love where I live (don't know if you can call Raleigh true Carolina living though) but as I travel around NC/SC more I find myself questioning if I could ever live in some of these smaller towns and even many of the cities.

Were-the-Millers-No-Ragrets-Tattoo.jpg

I'm feeling it a BBQ kind of day, four rivers on my mind

Only ragrats she should have is skipping a shave the day of that pic.

That's a dude with a mullet!

That picture is from the movie We're the Millers.

That picture is from the movie We're the Millers.

Very underrated. Chrissy and I laughed our butts off at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back