The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were-the-Millers-No-Ragrets-Tattoo.jpg

such a great reference. Ya know what I'm sayin...

for my friend Wardy.

Best part of that is the first time Stanley dribbles. "What? You got to be kidding me."

He has good taste in luggage.

2amy5aru.jpg

how's he feeling today?

how's he feeling today?

Tired. He seems okay. Just a sad feeling in the house right now. Im trying to convince my wonderful wife to stay back and come up later, but she will have none of it. They are in good hands with JeanTheMachine.

Tired. He seems okay. Just a sad feeling in the house right now. Im trying to convince my wonderful wife to stay back and come up later, but she will have none of it. They are in good hands with JeanTheMachine.

certainly tough. I know those 2 are in good hands. Hopefully everything else can offer you guys somewhat of a distraction, at least for a little bit.

Interesting story. So we get pitched a lot of things from a lot of people at THP and this one was rather interesting.

So I get a message saying "Please sponsor this event and send THPers".

THe dates of the event are the same as the Morgan Cup, so obviously its a last resort to try and get people quickly. The message goes on to say that they are hosting the "Ultimate Amateur Golf Event" and then gives details which are nothing more than a standard golf charity event with average swag and outrageous costs (hopefully going to a good cause).

I respond with unfortunately we will not able to assist since that is the same weekend as the Morgan Cup, our version of the Ultimate Golf Event Period. And attach a link.

The next response is "Im sure your small events are wonderful, but this one right here is getting major news from the local NBC affiliate and a golf company on Facebook".

My response said "that is wonderful news, I hope it is a huge success, and while I am sure it is great in its own right, our Morgan Cup is a bit different and kind of important around these parts".

Their response is "I dont have time to click links, but unless you are giving full bags to players that sign up, how could it be better?"

At this point I am thinking to myself this cant possibly be real, but I do the research and see that it is. So my next response is "I urge you to click this once and you tell me. We wish you the best of luck with your endeavor and look forward to hearing about it".

His response "Im just the organizer of this one, do you think you have an open spot in the Morgan Cup for me? Or does it fill up".

Just too much.

Does he want to take Rory in the Open Championship Contest too?

Interesting story. So we get pitched a lot of things from a lot of people at THP and this one was rather interesting.

THe dates of the event are the same as the Morgan Cup, so obviously its a last resort to try and get people quickly. The message goes on to say that they are hosting the "Ultimate Amateur Golf Event" and then gives details which are nothing more than a standard golf charity event with average swag and outrageous costs (hopefully going to a good cause).

I respond with unfortunately we will not able to assist since that is the same weekend as the Morgan Cup, our version of the Ultimate Golf Event Period. And attach a link.

The next response is "Im sure your small events are wonderful, but this one right here is getting major news from the local NBC affiliate and a golf company on Facebook".

My response said "that is wonderful news, I hope it is a huge success, and while I am sure it is great in its own right, our Morgan Cup is a bit different and kind of important around these parts".

Their response is "I dont have time to click links, but unless you are giving full bags to players that sign up, how could it be better?"

At this point I am thinking to myself this cant possibly be real, but I do the research and see that it is. So my next response is "I urge you to click this once and you tell me. We wish you the best of luck with your endeavor and look forward to hearing about it".

His response "Im just the organizer of this one, do you think you have an open spot in the Morgan Cup for me? Or does it fill up".

Just too much.

Did he want to pick Rory too? Too much!

Just too much.
That last line is just too much. Made me choke on my vapor lmao

Just too much.

People are funny aren't they.

Stupid party planners

Just too much.

On word! Asshat!

But I'm serious.. do you have a spot open for me or do those things fill up? :alien:

That's hysterical JB. I'm sure during this whole thing you were thinking, "Am I being Punkd'".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That snippet of conversation is hilarious JB. I can only imagine the number of requests that you get like that a day/month/year.

So I guess your not sending any THP'ers to their tournament after that wonderful sell job?

I think its insane that they are trying to win favor, asking for you to send THP'ers, but "don't have time to click links".

Laughable.

So I guess your not sending any THP'ers to their tournament after that wonderful sell job?

The irony is that this standard charity event costs nearly as much per player as our lil ole Morgan cup.

yeah but their event is getting some serious attention on a local facebook page. How can you compete with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back