The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

For people who tend not to play in such humid conditions, would you suggest taking gloves off between shots?

One more 9 hole round for me tomorrow for league, then that's it for me.

I don't find it necessary to take them off but I do rotate between 3-4 gloves during each round.

ETA: they do come off for anything within 50 yards of the green and go back on just before the next tee shot.

For people who tend not to play in such humid conditions, would you suggest taking gloves off between shots?

Yes. Take glove off between shots and, I possible, put glove on cart or golf bag between shots. Keep your gloves aired out as much as possible. It will help.

Yes. Take glove off between shots and, I possible, put glove on cart or golf bag between shots. Keep your gloves aired out as much as possible. It will help.

Learned that lesson the hard way last year at the Apex testing. I will have extra gloves with me.

Thanks. It usually takes 9+ holes for that to happen here, but I'm guessing less in humid conditions. I will make sure to get used to doing that.

ETA: they do come off for anything within 50 yards of the green and go back on just before the next tee shot.

I use one glove and take it off between every shot when playing in a three or foursome and do what cookie does. Anything inside of a full wedge shot is hands on. Ready to see all you guys out there this week. Going to be one to remember!

...And the journey begins! Next stop MB!

I haven't packed a single thing. I won't until the day before I leave, and then I'll hope I didn't forget anything

I haven't packed a single thing. I won't until the day before I leave, and then I'll hope I didn't forget anything

I'm always a last minute packer. Usually its the morning I leave. With some work travel though I am planning on getting stuff together tonight.

I'm just starting to get that anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I know what it feels like to both win and lose in this event.

This year means more to me than any other and I already dread the thought of leaving Monday morning not crowned the 2014 Morgan Cup champion.

I know that 39 other guys likely feel similar to me and it's tough to accept that only eight of us will leave as the winners of this event.

I'm ready, I'm really really ready and can't wait for Saturday morning to get here.

I haven't packed yet, but started my list of stuff I need to remember. Hard to believe 1 more day of work then I'm off Tuesday to get ready and leave early Wednesday.

Win, win or win this week is going to be epic. It has to be. We need to close out this chapter with a story that makes future events wet themselves with envy.

Only 8 guys will win the Cup however all 40 guys are winners after the weekend is over. It is truely something special either way and both ways. Get ready for the ride of our lives.

Take it off and hang on cart to dry off. Also make sure you have a few spares

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Only 8 guys will win the Cup however all 40 guys are winners after the weekend is over. It is truely something special either way and both ways. Get ready for the ride of our lives.

You sound like a hippie hehe

The continuing saga of packing up the THP Tour Van and trailer is happening this morning. Getting there and would say we are 3/4 of the way down now. Spent all morning finishing the equipment on board, now to get all of the electronics that make #THPMC what it is together and on board. 5 video cameras, batteries, memory cards, microphones, cabling, chargers and making sure everything is locked down and perfect.

Then onto personal things for the week. Then we are ready to go. Looking forward to a wonderful weekend with 40 THPers in the Ultimate Golf Event Period. If you are not nervous yet...Wait until Friday morning and you see those bags lined up. Take a big gulp, breath and then enjoy the ride.

So nervous, they're all gonna be like...

anigif_enhanced-8100-1405454409-16.gif

(In all seriousness, JB and GolferGal - thank you for what you do to make this event special!)

I just got back from Myrtle Beach on Thursday, the humidity was exactly as everyone is saying, take extra gloves and if you have chill towel that would be of help too. Stay hydrated folks and make all of us here on THP proud. I am so excited for all of you.

I foresee a cavalcade of vehicles arriving at the course on Friday and it will look like this:

excited-baby.gif

Hashtag bringing the heat.
He has a whole lot of fun ready for his Callaway Staff.

Wouldn't expect anything less from #.

The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

I'm a volunteer in this event and I know mon & tues are going to be the longest days I've ever worked. I can only imagine what the players are feeling these last few days leading up to the event.

I can't wait to get to Myrtle, meet my volunteer brothers, get our instructions and capture all the highs & lows that the MC will provide.

See you guys Wednesday!!

Last edited:
I wish I was getting ready to leave. Sadly, I'm at work right now and have another 2 1/2 days to work after this one.

Back