What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot a 60/42 I three putt way to many times

Played with my dad today 5:30 am tee time. Went 42-39 for an 81. Figured out my driver with some help from a tip from a club pro I played with fri. Putted pretty well aside from one 3 putt. Great company, and I love being the first group off. We were back in my dad's driveway at 8:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Played with my dad today 5:30 am tee time. Went 42-39 for an 81. Figured out my driver with some help from a tip from a club pro I played with fri. Putter pretty well aside from one 3 put. Great company, and I love being the fist group off. We were back in my dad's driveway at 8:30.

Very nice round Byron! And I agree, early rounds with great company simply can't be beat.

Very nice round Byron! And I agree, early rounds with great company simply can't be beat.

It's amazing what a competitive mindset will do as well... I had not broken 85 yet this year. I finished last year very strong, (pb 75) I just am not playing as much this year. I have a great excuse to change that now though!

75 on a pretty difficult target course with Hawk. Gave away three shots pretty terribly missing a three foot birdie putt and flubbing two chips. Irons were absolute money. Best switch i ever made on multiple levels.

75 on a pretty difficult target course with Hawk. Gave away three shots pretty terribly missing a three foot birdie putt and flubbing two chips. Irons were absolute money. Best switch i ever made on multiple levels.

What are you gaming now for irons?

Nice scoring!

44 with 16 putts.

38/41 for a solid 79!

Putting was ALOT better today. 28 total putts!

Had a pitch in for eagle as well from about 10 yards off of the green. 2 birds and 1 eagle. One yucky hole that led to a double on a par 3. My ball was dirty, so I decided to hit it in the water to clean it. Ha!

44/42 finished bogey bogey double, I was pissed. lolol

39 /40 left a eagle putt 6" short in the heart....arrrrr local course is in terrible condition they have not cut the rough in 2 weeks and it is a foot high in places, greens were maybe at a 8 or 9 today. I am going to go over to Orlando and play with Jitzy on some real courses. Of course the 79 might turn into a 89 but I need to play some better courses and get that traveling handicap in shape.

There's a touch of Rant thread here, but all things considered, I will take what I shot today.

Played a nice course, good greens, pace of play a bit slow. 6300yds, 130 slope.

With only 5 FIR and 4 GIR, and two penalties on one hole, I still managed a 41 - 41 = 82
I did that, mostly, because my 60* kept getting me really close. I only had 28 putts.

On #14, the 2nd hardest hole, I hit the tee shot juuusst into the weeds and had to take an unplayable. I promptly hit that ball into the damn water. I took a triple bogey. I should have had a back-to-back sub 80 today.

Not sure what bounce-backs are, but it says I was 50%. And scrambling was 35.7. How are those figure?

We played match play yesterday so I didn't keep a proper score, but I was largely unimpressed with my performance.
After watching some video we took I realised that I completely went back to my old swing instead of the changes I've been working so hard on.
New grip + old swing = massive inconsistency.

Played in a two man best ball tourny today where we blind drew PGA players and tallied our total scores to determine the winner. My partner and I played some good golf and carded a 66. They did a Callaway handicap and changed our score to 62. We were paired w/ Schwartzel & Rose for a total of 201. Tie for second and won 100 bucks. Was a fun format. Rose didn't pull his weight today :)

yza2u9ud.jpg

8e9asyne.jpg

Went 41/43 for an 84 tying my PB. This morning I was 10/14 FW & 30 putts. Overall it was a good day striking the ball with my irons & Bertha continues to deliver the distance. I know I'm putting the swing on the ball, but helps when equipment frees you up to play. I had 3 holes that cost me, but happy where the game is headed.

Last edited:
Able to play for the first time in a while today. Hit the ball well on the front, just couldn't putt. Shot a 43. The back got off to a real rough start, I was 6 over through 3 holes but got it back together. I need a par on 18 and snuck out with birdie for a 45 total of 88.

It was good to get out and play.

Hopefully this doesn't come across as bragging, but I had to take an OB penalty for the first time in as long as I can remember, at least for my home course. I hate the hole to start with because of the Eisenhower tree that guards the green - that combined with the length makes it a par 5 that's only a 4 on the card. After taking my penalty I hacked it around a little more and wound up carding a triple bogey 7.
The high point of the round, however was shooting 1 over on our Hills nine which is the nine I can never seem to score on, so I was really happy with that. Managed to hit enough good shots otherwise to finish with a 78. Matches what I shot yesterday on a different pair of nines, proof that golf is never the same game twice.

40-39 - 79. New irons in the bag that I am getting adjusted to. Hit a couple of very solid iron shots early but had some poor ones sprinkled in throughout the round also.

Didn't do so hot today but neither did my brother in law or father in law. My best shot I made was a 20 foot putt from the fringe. Still had a lot of fun being out there today though and that's what it's all about for me is having fun.

Shot a pb 87 (43,44). Short game saved me, 29 putts 8 were one putts.

81 today out in Burlington NC at Indian Valley. Not a great fairway % but never really got myself in trouble. Couldn't hit a green the second 9 though. Scrambled around to make some pars. Not bad for a course that I had never played before. If I play it again there's a few holes I'll definitely play a little different. Nice day out there though.

41/40 = 81 on the same course I shot a 71 on last weekend. 1 birdie and 30 putts today compared to 3 birdies and 22 putts last weekend. Somewhat disappointed, but compared to the upper 80's to low 90's I was shooting most of the spring (and pretty much the last 3 years) I'm not going to complain too much. I'm seeing positive signs in every aspect of my game, except the putting, which is either miraculous, or embarrassing.

Yesterday shot 46/44 for 90. ESC'd to a 89. 4 penalties and 1 O.B. contributed to a bad round, but poor ball striking all around.

Today shot a 38/41 for 79. 12 pars, 5 bogies, 1 double bogey. Back to solid ball striking. 11 GIR's. Burned edges on birdie putts all day, didn't make a one. Good round though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back