The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do have to wonder how his career would have developed had he ever played for a qualified NFL coach. It's still on him, but playing for the jokers he did didn't help him develop either.

I'm glad that he is gone from Tampa either way.

He did have a shot in Minnesota to get his act together. And again in NY...

Both times he had no interest in changing.

To be fair, he got tossed to the wolves in his first start in Minnesota and got a concussion if I remember correctly. But yes, he has had his chances. And to think the Bucs were very close to giving him a $100m contract.

No doubt he is perma-broke at this point. You just have to wonder if he could have developed differently had he had a coach that grabbed his attention.

Like I said, still falls on his shoulders.

Oh Tony Dungy. Don't know exactly what he said, but they're talking about it on the radio and it doesn't sound great.

Oh Tony Dungy. Don't know exactly what he said, but they're talking about it on the radio and it doesn't sound great.
I just read his comments. All he said was that he wouldn't have drafted Michael Sam because of all the off field distractions that comes with him. He said that he believes if Michael Sam has the tools and ability to play, he should get a chance. But he personally wouldn't have drafted him.

I don't see anything wrong with it at all.

I just read his comments. All he said was that he wouldn't have drafted Michael Sam because of all the off field distractions that comes with him. He said that he believes if Michael Sam has the tools and ability to play, he should get a chance. But he personally wouldn't have drafted him.

I don't see anything wrong with it at all.

You have to take it in the context of this is the same guy that said he would take Mike Vick back, so clearly the sideshow and bullsh!t that media brings is a horsesh!t response. Its typical Dungy, hide behind its the media's fault.

Still think it's pretty BS considering the media stuff he had as an African American coach. And isn't he supposed to be some big mentor or something to players.

You have to take it in the context of this is the same guy that said he would take Mike Vick back, so clearly the sideshow and bullsh!t that media brings is a horsesh!t response. Its typical Dungy, hide behind its the media's fault.
True. And he was one of the main forces behind getting more Black coaches in the NFL.

Having said that. I still agree with what he is saying. I personally wouldn't have drafted Michael Sam for the circus that comes with him. I wouldn't have drafted Tim Tebow either, or signed Michael Vick, or Pacman Jones, or T.O. It's a football team, not a set for a reality T.V show.

True. And he was one of the main forces behind getting more Black coaches in the NFL.

Having said that. I still agree with what he is saying. I personally wouldn't have drafted Michael Sam for the circus that comes with him. I wouldn't have drafted Tim Tebow either, or signed Michael Vick, or Pacman Jones, or T.O. It's a football team, not a set for a reality T.V show.

Those are personal opinions and that is completely fine.
The reason for the backlash is because Dungy is contradicting himself completely. Everybody can read between the lines on this and see what he means. Its a horsesh!t comment. If you dont like what Sam does, say so or say nothing. Dont pretend you dont like the circus when you supported a dog murderer, and started the garbage when T.O did a commercial with a white woman (so far out in left field it was absurd).

Those are personal opinions and that is completely fine.
The reason for the backlash is because Dungy is contradicting himself completely. Everybody can read between the lines on this and see what he means. Its a horsesh!t comment. If you dont like what Sam does, say so or say nothing. Dont pretend you dont like the circus when you supported a dog murderer, and started the garbage when T.O did a commercial with a white woman (so far out in left field it was absurd).
And I completely agree with this.

If Sam was a 3 year veteran and averaged 10 sacks a year, Dungy would be just fine with the circus.

That's how I'm spinning it in my head.

Ok finally read his comments. What a tool. Not only was he a big mentor and supporter of Vick. He was a supporter of Tebow and wrote the forward or something for a book called "Equal Coaching Opportunity in The NFL". All pretty media circus heavy people/topics. And he wouldn't take Sam because " things will happen ". What a douche.

What was he, a 7th round pick? Some may have wanted to draft him for the media attention, being that groundbreaking team that did. On the other hand, most 7th round picks probably don't make a team, so if he's not good enough and the team cuts him, do they get crucified for it?

What was he, a 7th round pick? Some may have wanted to draft him for the media attention, being that groundbreaking team that did. On the other hand, most 7th round picks probably don't make a team, so if he's not good enough and the team cuts him, do they get crucified for it?

It's very similar to Tebow. A lot of people thought that he got cut because of his religious beliefs. When in fact, he wasn't a good enough quarterback and too selfish to
change positions.

It's very similar to Tebow. A lot of people thought that he got cut because of his religious beliefs. When in fact, he wasn't a good enough quarterback and too selfish to
change positions.

Do you honestly believe that Tebow would still be in the nfl if he changed positions?

I mean, everyone says that, but do you think he is a Gronk or Jimmy Graham?

Do you honestly believe that Tebow would still be in the nfl if he changed positions?

No I don't. But I will never know because Timmy didn't even try.

change positions.
I don't think he should have played, by why is he selfish. He didn't hurt anyone with his choice. Not sure he was selfish

It's possible, but we'll never know. I could see him as an H-Back, kinda like Dallas Clark that maybe ran a little more.

I don't think he should have played, by why is he selfish. He didn't hurt anyone with his choice. Not sure he was selfish

He said numerous times that all he wanted to do was help a team win. When given the chance to back that up and try to play a different position, he backtracked and said that all he wanted to do was play quarterback.

Selfish might not be the right word. Disingenuous is probably a better word.

change positions.

Tebow was a QB, a high pick and a college superstar. That along with his strong beliefs really put the spotlight on him. Sam will be the most followed 7th round pick ever. I'm sure the media coverage will rub some people the wrong way, same as it did with Tebow.

He doesn't need to be a Gronk or Graham to still be in the league. He can be a Tom Crabtree or Anthony Fasano and be a journeyman in the league

He doesn't need to be a Gronk or Graham to still be in the league. He can be a Tom Crabtree or Anthony Fasano and be a journeyman in the league

Tebow can't run routes, most likely can't block, and most likely doesn't have natural hands.

He couldn't hold a candle to Fasano or Crabtree

Tebow can't run routes, most likely can't block, and most likely doesn't have natural hands.

He can't run routes? Like, physically? The guy was a pretty talented runner.

He can't run routes? Like, physically? The guy was a pretty talented runner.

Tebow doesn't have fluid hips. Even when he ran, he was very stiff. I don't think he could get separation against some of the slower linebackers in the league

Tebow doesn't have fluid hips. Even when he ran, he was very stiff. I don't think he could get separation against some of the slower linebackers in the league

Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back