Kraft Nabisco Championship [Spoilers] + Contest Update

I am baffled by this and perhaps should just stay away, but you dont seem to have the same problem with the PGA. Have you looked at the leaderboards of the events so far in 2010? Euros are faring far better than that of the Americans. The American women will be fine as we have excellent players with great personalities.
Christina Kim
Paula Creamer
Stacie Lewis
Michelle Wie
Natalie Gulbis
Christie Kerr
Morgan Pressell
Brittney Lincicome (who won this event last year)
Kristy Mcpherson
And so many more. These women are incredible athletes with incredible talent.

TO me this is no different than the PGA Tour this year and watching the Euros dominate in the events they have played in. Yet you have never said boo about it. Is it because these women are Asian? Is it because the Euros "look the same". I dont get it. I mean Suzann is not an American, yet I believe you said in another thread you root for her. Great golf is being played from athletes all of the world. I think it is one thing to be Patriotic, it is another thing to be condescending in hopes of an argument. If you look at your posts, it wreaks of the latter where you keep addressing "the elephant in the room" rather than state your opinion and move on.

Patriotism is a wonderful thing. All Canadians it seems love Mike Weir and root for him. Euros root for Euro players for the most part. But you are going past rooting for them in the tone of your posts and it is in EVERY single LPGA thread that comes up. I hope that is not the case, because frankly you bring great information to this board when you want to. Tone is often misunderstood in typed words and I am going to assume that that is exactly what is going on here.

I am so excited for this event. The 1st major of the year.

Last edited:
Back on topic for this tourney, we hope everybody got their picks in. Anybody go with a longshot or dark horse?

I didn't necessarily go with a long shot, but I did pick Kristy McPherson who has not played extremely well yet this season. Some of that pick was because I want to root for her. I am hoping she gets her first win this season! But also, she did do very well in all the majors last year so I am hoping that trend continues.

I always love this tournament. I am excited to watch some good golf this weekend and hope we have a finish half as good as last years! That was one of the best finishing holes ever in golf. Good luck to all the girls.

I didn't necessarily go with a long shot, but I did pick Kristy McPherson who has not played extremely well yet this season. Some of that pick was because I want to root for her. I am hoping she gets her first win this season! But also, she did do very well in all the majors last year so I am hoping that trend continues.

I always love this tournament. I am excited to watch some good golf this weekend and hope we have a finish half as good as last years! That was one of the best finishing holes ever in golf. Good luck to all the girls.

Agreed, and Kristy is just a great person to talk to, we will have an interview with her very soon. Between BL's hybrid and Yang's hybrid, we saw two great major finishes that were amazing shots last year. Im excited and like you, think Kristy could finish well in this one.

I rolled with Suzann Pettersen, Jiyai Shin, Cristie "Slammin Clubs Left and Right" Kerr, and Song Hee Kim (kinda long shot)

I am baffled by this and perhaps should just stay away, but you dont seem to have the same problem with the PGA. Have you looked at the leaderboards of the events so far in 2010? Euros are faring far better than that of the Americans. The American women will be fine as we have excellent players with great personalities.
Christina Kim
Paula Creamer
Stacie Lewis
Michelle Wie
Natalie Gulbis
Christie Kerr
Morgan Pressell
Brittney Lincicome (who won this event last year)
Kristy Mcpherson
And so many more. These women are incredible athletes with incredible talent.

TO me this is no different than the PGA Tour this year and watching the Euros dominate in the events they have played in. Yet you have never said boo about it. Is it because these women are Asian? Is it because the Euros "look the same". I dont get it. I mean Suzann is not an American, yet I believe you said in another thread you root for her. Great golf is being played from athletes all of the world. I think it is one thing to be Patriotic, it is another thing to be condescending in hopes of an argument. If you look at your posts, it wreaks of the latter where you keep addressing "the elephant in the room" rather than state your opinion and move on.

Patriotism is a wonderful thing. All Canadians it seems love Mike Weir and root for him. Euros root for Euro players for the most part. But you are going past rooting for them in the tone of your posts and it is in EVERY single LPGA thread that comes up. I hope that is not the case, because frankly you bring great information to this board when you want to. Tone is often misunderstood in typed words and I am going to assume that that is exactly what is going on here.

I am so excited for this event. The 1st major of the year.

An American won 20% of LPGA tournaments last year. American men won 65% of tournaments in the PGA. There were 7 Americans in the top 20 on the money list for the LPGA last year. 14 American men were in the top 20 on the money list for the PGA, including the top 7 spots.

I think we should be careful about comparing the two tours in that regard.

The "tone" of what I'm saying is being a bit miscontrued. I have absolutely nothing against any golfer who isn't American. Absolutely nothing. I want to see the best golf possible, and the best competing, whoever they may be.

It is true I have said I'm a fan of Petterson, along w/ Ochoa.

However, it would be nice for some American women to start doing well on a more consistent basis. I guess you can call it for patriotic reasons, but I like to think that having some American women do well can also be great for the sport to get some young American girls interested. I believe it can also get an average person more interested in the LPGA tour. In my circle of golf friends, I'm the only one who pays attention to the LPGA. They'll joke around w/ me and give me a hard time about all the Korean and Japanese players filling the leaderboards every week. "What's the attraction to seeing some Korean player win every week"? That's the basic attitude and question of some people I talk to. That's also the attitude and question of many average golf fans, whether we want to acknowledge it or not.

So, I think getting some American blood up in those leaderboards is very important to the growth of the LPGA as a whole.

That being said. I've said what I will on this. I just want to see some good golf, and I'm looking forward to this one.

The "tone" of what I'm saying is being a bit miscontrued. I have absolutely nothing against any golfer who isn't American. Absolutely nothing. I want to see the best golf possible, and the best competing, whoever they may be.

Your tone is often misconstrued. Perhaps you should change it.

However, it would be nice for some American women to start doing well on a more consistent basis. I guess you can call it for patriotic reasons, but I like to think that having some American women do well can also be great for the sport to get some young American girls interested. I believe it can also get an average person more interested in the LPGA tour. In my circle of golf friends, I'm the only one who pays attention to the LPGA. They'll joke around w/ me and give me a hard time about all the Korean and Japanese players filling the leaderboards every week. "What's the attraction to seeing some Korean player win every week"? That's the basic attitude and question of some people I talk to. That's also the attitude and question of many average golf fans, whether we want to acknowledge it or not.

So, I think getting some American blood up in those leaderboards is very important to the growth of the LPGA as a whole.

Perhaps you need a new circle of "golf" friends. While I will agree the number of Korean golfers may be off putting to some, for the fan that truly appreciates dedication to the game, the Asian women have to be admired. They're play is nothing short of astounding. As for the interest in the game by young American girls, I'll ask you how in touch you are with junior golf in your area or in the country as a whole? My Daughter is twelve years old and last year played in 13 junior tournaments. Tournaments that featured nice size fields of girls between the ages of 9 and 18. She could play in three tournaments a week all over the state of WI if I was able to devote that type of time to driving her. This year I expect her to possibly play in up to 20 events from 9 hole par threes to 18 hole competitions played on championship style courses.

What the WI State PGA offers to these girls in way of clinics and tournaments is amazing, and the increase in events is something that has taken place over the last five or so years. I've looked at what other states offer and many State golf organizations offer as much, if not more, than WI for junior girls. They are highly supportive of junior golf for both girls and boys. Over the course of the next five years I would expect to see an increase in the quality of golf being played by junior girls in this country. While warm weather states have always produced more quality players, what's being offered to girls in states that had not previously been considered junior golf hot zones is going to have an affect.

Last fall, the Division I and Division II WI State High School Girls Golf Tournaments were both won by 14 year old freshman girls. The Div. I winner broke par on the second day on a freezing cold and rainy day on a very tough golf course. Just consider the skills of Alexis Thompson and some of her compatriots if you will.

As was belted out before the Big One, "The Yanks are coming."

Kevin

Claire, I agree, and you have to wonder what happened here? Are the alternates supposed to be at the tee waiting in case they are needed or like you said, was Helen not given enough time? Since they are all appealing it will be interesting to find out how this one goes. Not a very good start to the tournament though for those ladies.

All three of them are listed as "did not start." Rats.

I rolled with Suzann Pettersen, Jiyai Shin, Cristie "Slammin Clubs Left and Right" Kerr, and Song Hee Kim (kinda long shot)

Wow--I had Yani Tseng instead of Song Hee Kim, but otherwise your team looks very familiar.

Great minds think alike, right?

Your tone is often misconstrued. Perhaps you should change it.

Kevin

I'll be the judge of that.

And it's funny that you brought up young girl golfers. I myself have become very active in a young neice of mine. I love working w/ her and that she's interested in golf. I really have high hopes for her and I'm very serious about it. She's part of the reason why I think that it would be nice to have more American women golfers do well. It would simply be nice for her to see someone who she can relate to, do well. And in turn, get her more excited to maybe follow in their foot steps.

And like yourself, I'll be getting involved in junior programs for her and w/ her.

As for my golfing buddies. I honestly think they share a pretty common attitude about the LPGA right now among average golf fans. Like I said, you can acknowledge that or not, but it's real.

As for me, I agree that the Korean and Japanese players are amazing. I have never uttered ONE bad thing about any of them. I want to see good golf played by the best players in the world, and right now, they've got a lot of the best golfers.

However, I just think having more American women up there would do wonders for the LPGA as a whole.

But, I could be wrong. :confused2:

ummmmmm.

Who's got the coverage of the first two days of this tournament?

Espn 2

Wow--I had Yani Tseng instead of Song Hee Kim, but otherwise your team looks very familiar.

Great minds think alike, right?

Thank you for the kind words Claire....rarely are the words 'great minds' associated with myself:clap:

Suzann is playing really well right now. Must be the THP luck like it was for Furyk.

Nice hat and chain, C. Kim. Goodness.

I thought Wie had some good comments about learning from last week and now focusing on this tournament. I hope she does well. Thus far she looks pretty solid.

Pettersen - what a round! Good stuff.

Ochoa looks good too. Great to see.

The more I see of Lincicome's game, the more I'm a fan.

Natalie G. - are you that cold?

The best part of that list is that we have interviewed Pettersen, Natalie, and Lincicome for the site. Not too shabby!

They'll joke around w/ me and give me a hard time about all the Korean and Japanese players filling the leaderboards every week. "What's the attraction to seeing some Korean player win every week"? That's the basic attitude and question of some people I talk to. That's also the attitude and question of many average golf fans, whether we want to acknowledge it or not.

I call BS, that's the opinion you have & want to talk about. trying to deflect genuine criticism away from yourself.

Thanks and I are both doing well so far:

Suzann Pettersen 1
Song-Hee Kim/Yani Tseng T3
Cristie Kerr T15
Jiyai Shin T24 (that's a bit of a surprise)

Cumulatively, -9

I'm watching on DVR. Every time they say Frieberg, I want to yell "Freebird".

I think Azinger does a nice job.

Kevin

Right now I have....
Suzann Pettersen T-1
Lorena Ochoa T-1
Brittany Lincicome 11
Morgan Pressel 16

I call BS, that's the opinion you have & want to talk about. trying to deflect genuine criticism away from yourself.

You really want to call me a liar via an internet forum?

Wise up.

I did call you one sonny, now go troll somewhere else.

I wouldn't expect anything else from someone hailing from Wisconsin.

Good work.

ENOUGH!!! No personal attacks here!

i can't remember who my entries were but i think i'm doing ok. i haven't seen any coverage but according to previous posts, i'm liking my chances.

Back