Kraft Nabisco Championship [Spoilers] + Contest Update

Fun to watch Michelle and Brittany crush the ball out there today. And what a gorgeous day it was! I am still getting used to the new group of commentators, but we all know I love my Judy Rankin. Some good scores from a lot of women can't wait for the next few days.

My picks are just where they want to be before they strike! Haha.
Wie -2
McPherson E
Shin E
Miyazato +2

I had originally picked both Michelle and Suzann, but was just a little nervous with Suzann's injury lately. Obviously not an issue! I hope she keeps doing well. I forgot how this course really sets up for the long hitters, obviously by my picks. I still have faith in my girls!:thumb:

This thread has taken some interesting turns - If you're trying to confuse me - it's working!

Thursday Report:

We arrived at about 10am, squarely between teeoff times for both the am and pm starts, so we wandered through the club house a bit, then stopped outside for a coffee. Saw Helen several times - not looking happy. I eventually made my way to the fan/vendor village, and got a manicure (thank you very much), plus picked up the usual (and not so usual) giveaways. Glad to see a new mag has started up - called Ladies Links Fore Golf. I'm told it was begun by 4 LPGA Teaching Pros. The issue I have has lots of instructional info, plus they will have Nancy Lopez as a regular contributer. Let's hope they make it. (Yes, Claire, I have one for you).

As the LO/Juli tee time approached I met spouse at the Driving Range. We stood watching LO practice, when a media photog person with one of those big boy lenses on his camera, asked if we minded posing for a shot. Fine. Except we were not supposed to look into the camera, just our profile/headshots while LO was centered in the shot. Ha! This has happened before. I have a ridiculous number of LPGA pins on my hat - the camera must like them.

Ok, now for some golf. Good crowds all around the first tee box, applause, applause, whack, whack, then off I went toward the green. Spouse was standing near where LO's tee shot went into the left rough. Turns out the ball hit him on the leg and rolled to a stop 2 ft from him. He was both pleased and embarrassed about this the rest of the day. After seeing her get her par, I walked to the 2nd fairway where Natalie was getting some treatment for her eyes. Took at least 20 mins for her to get back to her fairway shot, but then all seemed well. For the rest of the front 9, several of LO's tee shots veered left, but she recovered well generally and began to make lengthy putts like in the past. (When you see those birdies, e.g.) Plus, her par on #9 was a good example of making a good recovery. There was not a lot to shout about in Juli's game. Lorena consistently out drove her, which was a clear advantage today.

At 9 I took a lunch break, then walked to the grandstands at the 17th tee box and caught the players coming through until the LO/Juli appeared. Interesting - the crowd size had lessened since the morning. Too much walking for some, probably. I don't know what the TV showed, but you may have seen her Lorena at 18 - she had a chance for birdie, but made par instead.

Among the crowd: For Juli - Spouse and daughters, plus 1 aunt. For Lorena: Spouse, Mother, Aunt and cousins.
For Christina K - Dad. That's all I can think of. Great day, and tomorrow my am plan is to walk with Spouse and LO/Juli, then pm watch Suzann. So fun!

I also have a 2010 guide (mag) for golf in Ireland. If anyone wants it, just pm me.

Last edited:
Good report Rice. Did you find out which publication the photographer worked for?

Spouse was standing near where LO's tee shot went into the left rough. Turns out the ball hit him on the leg and rolled to a stop 2 ft from him. He was both pleased and embarrassed abou this the rest o the day.

Haha! That is fantastic, great report as always! Thanks.

Interesting report to read. Good stuff.

I was at the women's U.S. Open when it was here in Minnesota in 2008. I enjoyed it a lot.

I went with:

Pettersen: -5 (1)
Ochoa: -4 (2)
Kerr: -1 (T14)
Ai Miyazato: +2 (T51)

Since it is the most money earned, my guess is if you can get (3) in the top 5 including the winner, you have a good shot at this.

Three days of grueling golf to go.

My team:
Suzann Petterson
Christie Kerr
Brittany Lincicome
Ai Miyazato

I guess I might not have been such a genius after all as it appears my players are rather popular picks. Maybe I'll get lucky still. GO GIRLS!

Stupples is hot starting out -2 on the day to tie for the lead.

Kerr is on fire today at -5 and -6 for the tourney so far. Nice to see S. Lewis on the leaderboard as well.

Kerr does look pretty solid out there today.

You knew she was going to be contention.

As we mentioned on the radio show today, this one is shaping up to be a great weekend of golf. This course makes shuffling scores so easy, that it adds that much more to the excitement.

Only a matter of time before Kerr went nuts. Slammed the club down on the ground, and was about to do it again after missing a drive. Azinger said he liked it. I still prefer Helen A's thoughts on Ms. Kerr.

I've noticed some close shots of the ball the girls are using. Since I'm not really sure what golf balls pretty much ANY girl is using, I'm curious to know.

I've seen some close up shots of a Titleist ball but it didn't have the ProV type of writing on it. Some NXT Tour balls being used?

JB, you have some info on ball choices for some girls?

Only a matter of time before Kerr went nuts. Slammed the club down on the ground, and was about to do it again after missing a drive. Azinger said he liked it. I still prefer Helen A's thoughts on Ms. Kerr.

I caught that and I pretty much agree w/ every word that he said. Showing a little bit of fire and anger at least shows you care.

For both the men and women.

I've noticed some close shots of the ball the girls are using. Since I'm not really sure what golf balls pretty much ANY girl is using, I'm curious to know.

I've seen some close up shots of a Titleist ball but it didn't have the ProV type of writing on it. Some NXT Tour balls being used?

JB, you have some info on ball choices for some girls?

They almost all use tour premium balls.

I have the Golf Marketshare from their last event. Is there a certain player you are looking for?

I have the Golf Marketshare from their last event. Is there a certain player you are looking for?

Pettersen, Ochoa, Kerr, Wie, Miyazata, etc etc...................

Pettersen battling some yips.

Pettersen and Wie both play the Nike One Tour
Miyazato plays a protype Bridgestone/Tourstage
Kerr plays a Pro V1
Ochoa played a Callaway Tour i (I dont have up to date on her, this was last tourney of last year)

Pettersen and Wie both play the Nike One Tour
Miyazato plays a protype Bridgestone/Tourstage
Kerr plays a Pro V1
Ochoa played a Callaway Tour i (I dont have up to date on her, this was last tourney of last year)

Gracious.

You should think about doing a "what's in the bag" for the winner of the LPGA tournaments. There isn't much equipment info on the girls.

We normally do a WITB each week of each winner when it is available to us.

I just want to hug Suzanne. She looks so upset and flustered right now, which makes her look that much more adorable.

I'm watching on DVR. How about Dinah's follow through in those old photos? Sweet!

Kevin

Back