what on your head when you play?

Ball hat of some variety. Visors are out, because sunburn on the top of the head is a painful, distressing thing.
Used to have an old Greg Norman "Shark" hat, but I just found it too large.

I'll play without a hat in May or October, but not often.

I felt that way, too, but continued sunburn on the back of my neck & ears (and all the posts here about taking skin cancer seriously - this is the real reason) I decided to switch this year to an Aussie Chiller hat:

41jfK11MdxL._SX342_.jpg

I quickly got over the size of the brim, & it feels kinda natural now.

I rock the bucket hats. I have a family history of cancer so I figured it is better to be safe than sorry.

I shave my head, and don't think twice about wearing visors both on and off the course. I actually like them quite a bit depending on the weather.

With the recent skin cancer scares of a few of my buddies here on THP, I've thought about moving to a bucket hat, but I can't find one I like.

I've seen a couple picture of you Pete. I think you would be stylin in a Tilley !!

I've seen a couple picture of you Pete. I think you would be stylin in a Tilley !!
Are they the ones that make a hemp hat? I saw one in Men's Health a few years ago--recommended for the beach--that I thought might work for golf as well.

Another one I wear on a regular basis.

Another one I wear on a regular basis.
UA Tactical Bucket hat? I could get down on something like that. One thing I'm not crazy about with these bucket hats, is "one size fits all." I have a tiny head (go figure) so one size fits all usually doesn't fit me.

UA Tactical Bucket hat? I could get down on something like that. One thing I'm not crazy about with these bucket hats, is "one size fits all." I have a tiny head (go figure) so one size fits all usually doesn't fit me.

Weird that a tiny head could contain that ego.

I kid I kid.

I choose either a visor or a cap depending on the amount of sun. I like my Bridgestone tour-style big front visor (although it doesn't do well with sunglasses, as the visor, sunglass temples, and ears don't quite get along). I've recently taken to a Ping flex-fit cap that I really like, and my old standby is a white Srixon Z-star hat that fits great, and has a great bend to the visor.

I have taken my Bridgestone caddy bush-style out on the course on scorching days when I needed more sun coverage. I flip up the front when I address the ball, and flip it back down when I'm walking.

Have a ton of golf hats in the rotation. Just bought a Bridgestone boonie hat to help keep the sun off my face better.

I have that one in rotation, too. It works great SUP'ing, too, as it doesn't get wet when you fall in the water.

I really like Hi Crown visors... I have a black SeeMore that I wear a lot right now. I am not terribly comfortable in ball caps on the golf course for some odd reason? I will wear my Dodgers cap if I am playing a muni in a tee shirt...

as an aside, the gnats have been terrible this year and I have been going hatless as they congregate under the brim...

I have about 10 hats I rotate through.

I have a decent amount of hats I run through. Some Callaway, some Under Armour, and some THP

I will wear a hat at times but most of the time I don't wear anything.

I have a bunch of "baseball"style caps that I ware on cool/overcast days and my bucket hat on hot sunny days to protect my ears from the sun. I want to try a safari style if I can find one that will fit comfortably on my big head.

Caps only. Never a visor. Occasionally I go without a lid, but always a cap when I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hat all the time. I have a ton of different ones that I wear, usually try to match the color with my shirt or belt. Favorite one of all time is probably a red Masters hat that I got a few years ago.

Hair.....but not much of it.

Usually some type of Titleist hat. I have a few different colors so I just grab whatever matches.

Last edited:
Sorry couldn't get the 2nd one added to the other post.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406255443.733432.jpg

Baseball hat made for golfing but looking for a straw hat for those days a cigar is in order. It just looks right.

Flat brim baseball style hat. Bill curved so I don't look like a moron. I choose the flat brimmed over the "pre-curved" because I like the lighter curve in the bill you can get with the flat brim.

4ebunasu.jpg

Back