Nike MM Proto Irons

#troy

Jax, FL
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
From Nike.com

The Nike MM Proto Irons are a limited run of blades designed exclusively for the tour. These irons represent years of testing and development with the world's best athletes. The prototype design and technology was developed collaboratively by Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy and the engineers at The Oven, Nike Golf’s R&D Facility and Tour Shop.

To showcase this limited run, each set is laser-engraved with the Oven Logo and individual numbering. The set also comes with extensive custom options including personalized stamping.

We have 40 sets available starting August 4th, right-hand only. Your reservation of a set of MM Proto irons includes one-to-one concierge service with a Nike Golf club expert.

Available on August 4th on Nike.com only (10am EDT/7am PST) Orders can only be taken between 7am and 4pm PST. Follow @nikegolf on Twitter for launch details.
Each Set Includes:

• 3-PW individually numbered MM Proto irons, right-hand only
• Laser-engraved Oven logo on each iron head
• Detailed inspection by Oven engineers
• 1:1 concierge service with a Nike Golf club expert

u9ubugyj.jpg

http://m.nike.com/us/en_us/c/golf/stories/2014-07/mm-proto

Nice looking blades indeed

Interesting look for their MB. Makes me wonder what their non proto MB will look like if there's any difference at all?

Well those are lookers IMO, interesting.

$1500 price tag. Didn't see a shaft pairing mentioned.

Those are both pretty and pretty pricey.

1500 for nikes? Should easily sell a few dozen sets

Look great but for that cost no way would I ever consider.

I personally don't think they are overpriced. 3-w and only 40 sets on the market.

A generic set from any manufacturer is $1000+

If they take this design and apply it to a cavity back or full cavity model for 2015, they'll have my attention. I like the simple badging on the back of the club with the swoosh and the words MM Proto.

I personally don't think they are overpriced. 3-w and only 40 sets on the market.

A generic set from any manufacturer is $1000+

I just spent more than that on my no name irons.

Aren't I stupid. :alien:

I'd buy a set in a heartbeat if I had the extra scratch laying around. I think they're awesome. Love every Nike iron I've ever hit.

These are pretty sexy. Nike needs to get the story right on pricing though. The covert 2.0 forged are amazing clubs with a horrible price tag. Very few will shell out $1100 for Nikes when they can get Mizuno, TMaG or Cally for less. I really want to see Nike become more of a force in the iron game.

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

These are pretty sexy. Nike needs to get the story right on pricing though. The covert 2.0 forged are amazing clubs with a horrible price tag. Very few will shell out $1100 for Nikes when they can get Mizuno, TMaG or Cally for less. I really want to see Nike become more of a force in the iron game.

I dont have recent numbers, but I think Nike is selling close to as many as Mizuno and if you compare set per set, they might even be selling more. Neither are big sellers however.

I really, really love the look of these.

1500 for a limited release? Maybe just me, but doesn't seem all that bad, other companies do it with drivers or wedges.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I would imagine if these ever become a standard set they'll be priced in line with the regular blades at 899 or so. This is a limited run built at the oven, so I guess that explains the price (not saying it's necessarily worth it though).

Just to play devil's advocate, the Covert 2.0 Forged are the exact same price as the Apex and Titleist AP2, which are 2 other forged clubs that they are competing with in that space. Nike is not traditionally a company that offers big price cuts throughout the year, so should they just start their prices lower to gain more market share?

Also, a pricing debate shouldn't include the MM Proto, limited production = higher prices.

Attractive set of irons. If I had the dough I might consider them, but there are also plenty of others I would look at before them though.

$1500 price tag. Didn't see a shaft pairing mentioned.

that's more than I paid for all of my clubs combined. wow but those sure are nice!

Nike makes a quality product I know they have a stigma with many golfers but they really do make some good stuff.

They are sessy. I doubt they have any problem selling 40 sets.

They look fantastic, I hope they make this an iron for 2015, I've been itching to put some nike goodness in the bag.

Back