Golf at Lane Creek - Georgia

KellyBo and myself are playing with two of our friends (Troy & Martha) we knew from Monroe CC this morning. They are coming to Lane Creek for some golf and fun at 10:00 a.m. My buddy Troy is 70 years old and blows it by my very BEST drive by 50 yards. Shames:shame: the hell out of me. I have seen him hit #5 at Monroe CC with a driver / 6 iron. #5 is a looonnng par four and the approach is uphill which makes it even longer. Troy told me one time after one of my smoked drives which approx 250 at best that when I age like fine wine maybe I can hit it out there like ya supposed to. :beat-up: I'll enjoy watching him blow my doors off again today and KellyBo nailing down fairway after fairway. Martha is playing a good stick to. It will be a fun day with beautiful weather, good friends and playing on a fine golf course! :bomb:

What do you know, I teed off at lane creek at 10:56 yesterday. What a coincidence

What do you know, I teed off at lane creek at 10:56 yesterday. What a coincidence
Ole Gray tees of there quite often, he is a member. You need to contact him next time you play there, you would be in for a treat meeting a great THPer.

Ole Gray tees of there quite often, he is a member. You need to contact him next time you play there, you would be in for a treat meeting a great THPer.
School will be starting soon for me but I may see what I can do this weekend

Playing tomorrow at 9:52 with my dad after we get the boston butt smoking early in the morning

Playing tomorrow at 9:52 with my dad after we get the boston butt smoking early in the morning

There's nothing like a good ole Boston butt. Well at least that's what she said last night. :D

Playing with DawgDaddy and maybe Flog2424 this Thursday around 09:00ish.

There's nothing like a good ole Boston butt. Well at least that's what she said last night. :D

Playing with DawgDaddy and maybe Flog2424 this Thursday around 09:00ish.
Have fun. I've got school

KellyBo will be joining DawgDaddy and myself and hopefully flog2424, if he can make it for a round of golf here Thursday.

Tee time set at 09:58 for Thursdays round. KellyBo is still healing from a viral infection so she has opted out. Greens have been sanded so they are slower and somewhat unpredictable due to being punched a couple weeks back. If someone wants to come, you are welcome as we have at least one spot open.

Tee time set at 09:58 for Thursdays round. KellyBo is still healing from a viral infection so she has opted out. Greens have been sanded so they are slower and somewhat unpredictable due to being punched a couple weeks back. If someone wants to come, you are welcome as we have at least one spot open.

Still waiting to hear back on a meeting, will let you all know something ASAP

Myself, DawgDaddy, & Flog2424 at 9:58 today! :bomb: Room for one more local to jump on the train :golf2:

Myself, DawgDaddy, & Flog2424 at 9:58 today! :bomb: Room for one more local to jump on the train :golf2:

That's a great group. I'm in Pensacola or I'd be there with you guys. We've still got to do the Big Canoe thing too, my friend.

Golf at Lane Creek - Georgia

Hope to see you soon Ken!

Having fun at Lane Creek today

uvy8y2ym.jpg

Missing all our buddies!!

Kyle Flog2424 is playing some beautiful golf!

ymy7ysy6.jpg

Last edited:
Ole Gray is now Ole Gray Beard!

That's a great group. I'm in Pensacola or I'd be there with you guys. We've still got to do the Big Canoe thing too, my friend.

You got that right!!!!!

Last edited:
I had a great time today with my buddies DawgDaddy & Flog2424. These guys are such a blast to play with and I always love it when they head to Lane Creek. Dawg shot 84, I shot 87, and Kyle shot 72 :bomb:.. Dawg and I just sat there in awe watching him power through the ball and play some awesome golf. I really hope he get's a chance at the GrandDaddy to help Team Basement Dwellers in December. He will certainly be a powerful asset for Captain Cookie. :thumb: Dawg and I had a great time conversing while watching some serious ball striking going on with the Flogster. I'm happy with busting 90 these days so I was not disappointed at all. Dawg keeps whupping my butt like a red headed step child so I have become use to that :D and what a fun day on the course. Come back fellows anytime. We will definitely head to Kyle's, Ken's, & Lefty's stomping grounds soon. Golf in the Fall with Georgia boys is second to none!

I like it! And DGCC is a little over an hour on up the road from Big Canoe. We have $40 specials for guests on Wednesdays and Fridays into the fall. (Mondays are still somewhat of an option until the end of the year.)

I like it! And DGCC is a little over an hour on up the road from Big Canoe. We have $40 specials for guests on Wednesdays and Fridays into the fall. (Mondays are still somewhat of an option until the end of the year.)

Dawg and I were talking about getting up there with you mountain folks before long :thumb:

Dawg and I were talking about getting up there with you mountain folks before long :thumb:

Yep, we are thinking an overnighter to get in DGCC & Big Canoe on consecutive days. The old coots will be together again soon!

This is what THPers do when waiting on the fairway in front to clear, they get on THP.
uploadfromtaptalk1407442706912.jpg

I had a blast today guys, I am already looking forward to the next time I get to tee it up with y'all.

Tomorrow will be a bittersweet day for me, I was invited by 3 of my church members to play Lane Creek tomorrow. My buddies won a round for 4 at a local charity tournament and the 4th guy in their group could not make it so I get a free round at a great course. It will be the first time I have ever played it without my buddy Old Gray there with me.

Bill get well soon so we can get out on that great course together again.

What time are you playing Dawg? I will be teeing off with the ladies around 10:30. Maybe I'll see you out there!

Tomorrow will be a bittersweet day for me, I was invited by 3 of my church members to play Lane Creek tomorrow. My buddies won a round for 4 at a local charity tournament and the 4th guy in their group could not make it so I get a free round at a great course. It will be the first time I have ever played it without my buddy Old Gray there with me.

Bill get well soon so we can get out on that great course together again.

Brother hit some for me! The course should really be pretty tomorrow with the greens running FAST .... I appreciate the kind remarks my friend

You may see KellyBo out there tomorrow as she has a regular group on Mondays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back