Golf at Lane Creek - Georgia

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
Starting a new thread to post local get togethers and such at our new course which is Lane Creek. We had tons of THP'ers enjoy our prior home course which was Monroe Country Club. Memories will begin tomorrow at Lane Creek as my buddy DawgDaddy plays it for the first time.

http://www.lanecreekgolfclub.com/

Looks like nice course gray and KB, almost 6700 yds undulating fairways and green everywhere, I'm fan already!

Thats a nice course, wish I was closer Id be out there with you guys. Have fun guys

Cannot wait to join you all out there this year !

KG

Just Tapping Away

I might come up and hang out for a day, if you guys can tolerate someone with a handicap as high as mine!

Cannot wait to join you all out there this year !

KG

Just Tapping Away

Heck yea that's what I like to hear! In fact we don't tee off until 01:00 p.m. tomorrow so if anybody in the Atlanta area wants to join Dawg and myself, you're more that welcome :golf2::good:

I might come up and hang out for a day, if you guys can tolerate someone with a handicap as high as mine!
You see Bill's post above, tee time tomorrow is at 1 (maybe slightly later as I will be trying to get in the HHI invitational) we would love to have anyone join us.
My buddy Miller Time is having several "can't miss" meetings at work so he can't make it with us.

I am looking forward to teeing it up with my buddy OG tomorrow at his new home course.

Really looks like a nice place OG and KB. I will come a callin if business takes me anywhere close if you dont mind.

JM

Checked out their website and Lane Creek looks like a nice course. I'm looking forward to getting over there and teeing it up with you guys as soon as the weather gets a little better. I think it's a little further for me than Monroe CC, however.

I wouldn't be able to do weekday outings most of the time. But if you guys have a Saturday or Sunday time, let me know!

Anytime buddy! Like Dawg said, two spots open for tomorrow at 1:00 p.m.

Really looks like a nice place OG and KB. I will come a calling if business takes me anywhere close if you dont mind.

JM

Please do! We'd love to have ya in our neck of the woods :golf2:

I'll definitely have to get over for some play with you guys. Had some fun times out at Monroe and this looks nice too. Have to give you an early preview of what awaits in April! :bashful:

Bill, this course looks absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to get out there and play it with you guys. Certainly will start getting new memories.

I'll definitely have to get over for some play with you guys. Had some fun times out at Monroe and this looks nice too. Have to give you an early preview of what awaits in April! :bashful:

Bring yourself on down here good buddy! ⛳️ You can spot me three a side and we'll do the match play thing?. You have to remember I'm an old crip ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You see Bill's post above, tee time tomorrow is at 1 (maybe slightly later as I will be trying to get in the HHI invitational) we would love to have anyone join us.
My buddy Miller Time is having several "can't miss" meetings at work so he can't make it with us.

I am looking forward to teeing it up with my buddy OG tomorrow at his new home course.

Maybe one day I'll be a retired 'old coot' and can play all the time like y'all! Haha hit em straight! Wish I could go!

Maybe one day I'll be a retired 'old coot' and can play all the time like y'all! Haha hit em straight! Wish I could go!

We will miss ya you young whipper snapper ?. There will be plenty more rounds to play in the near future so we'll see ya then . ?

Its a bit of a haul for me. May have to some planning for this one

Its a bit of a haul for me. May have to some planning for this one

Just let us know how we can help partner. We would love to have you and Lee down this year! Give KellyBo a couple of months to heal up from her surgery and you guys could come stay with us for a long weekend ?

Can't wait to get up there for that one. Looks nice!

Bill, this course looks absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to get out there and play it with you guys. Certainly will start getting new memories.

It is a beauty for sure. The only difference between it and Monroe CC in terms of quality is Monroe CC has all the country club amenities which we never used anyway. The course conditions are the same with Lane CC having the dwarf bermuda greens and Monroe the bent. Both greens are beautiful and fast with Monroe having more undulation but don't let that fool ya. Get in the wrong place on certain greens at Lane Creek and you can pack a lunch.

Can't wait to get up there for that one. Looks nice!

You'll enjoy it broski. Totally different kind of beauty but awesome in it's own respect!

How 'bout the rain situation up there? I had over an inch last night, but it looks like nothing heavy for the rest of the day. I plan to bring my rain gear just in case it drizzles up there.

How 'bout the rain situation up there? I had over an inch last night, but it looks like nothing heavy for the rest of the day. I plan to bring my rain gear just in case it drizzles up there.

It was drizzling this morning when I walked Roxie. Kelly said it was suppose to stop and the sun come out before we play. It will be mushy and all but no rain coming down on our heads. The nasty winter conditions always takes something away from the awesomeness of a golf course but you will certainly get the jest. It may be cart path only but I am healthy and ok with that if you are. In fact walking is extremely good for me to keep scar tissue away.

Dawg and I got to the course today and it was steady drizzling. The weather man lied to us as it was suppose to be sunny during the afternoon. :at-wits-end: Anyways since he made the trip up, we teed it up and decided to just play for fun. With the awful weather and him never seeing the course we would try to make the best of a nasty situation and do some guy talk. As always we came away making lemonade out of lemons. I think he really likes my golf course but I'll let him tell ya bout that part. :D

If I ever find myself out Atlanta way, I'll PM you to get together. Looks like a beautiful course!

Back