Recap Thread - 2014 Morgan Cup

Donne and Doug, the interview on 18 Sunday afternoon. Thank You! I witnessed the power of this entire thing in 3-4 short minutes that will be with me forever.

Awesome post Kyle.

You are indeed the man.

Kyle, what a post. I'm still thinking about you and yours dude.

Sounds like everyone had a GREAT time. Kudos to JB, Golfer Gal, and EVERYONE who worked to make this great event a success. You are all awesome people.

Donne and Doug, the interview on 18 Sunday afternoon. Thank You! I witnessed the power of this entire thing in 3-4 short minutes that will be with me forever.

I can not wait to see this.

Round 3

Singles - ddec vs scarnici

My final Morgan Cup match, kind of hard to believe that statement right there, was against my pal Christian. A guy who already took a point away from us on Saturday morning. No this was not a revenge match, this was going to be a tough challenge that I was hoping I’d be up for.

On the first tee JB asked who was going first, now most everyone was flipping a tee or saying their opponents name. Not me, I said Christian would be going first. When he looked at me funny, I told him he still had the tee from yesterday’s round. That first tee shot, it’s something you never forget. Perhaps the most nervous I’ve ever been during one of these. Just like the day before I tried to stay mentally loose and it seemed to work as I hit a good ball that carried the bunker on the right and sat in the fairway. As a bit of nervous relief, I made sure to flex for the crowd. That first hole, the first 3 shots I remember looking down at the club and it was shaking(driver, hybrid, and 7 iron). Yes off all things my first iron was a 7 iron. I’m not going to go hole by hole here but will give some quick highlights.

On 3 I hit an 8 iron that came up a foot short of the pin. Just a nice draw that happened to settle close. First blood in the match was mine. That was quickly gone as I hit my next tee shot in the water. After Christian found the fairway, I reteed and decided to hit one on what I called the Spicoli Line. I hit this nice high draw that seemed to just carry forever. The group thought it had a chance to clear and carry all that water. It looked beautiful, until it fell about 40 yards short and in to the water. Stupid Spicolli hitting those long bombs off the tee.

We had a hell of a match. He was 2 up going in to 9, and then we were quickly AS. Putting failed me down the stretch and we hugged it out on 17. Spending the afternoon riding around with a good buddy in this environment was fantastic. It was certainly a pleasure to spend the final Morgan Cup round with him.

Not in our match, but in our foursome was Paladin and mmaynard. It was fun to be paired with 2 guys that I didn’t get to play with before. I’ll let them cover their match but you can tell like the rest of us they were nervous. I figured my roll was to kind of lighten the mood and get everyone relaxed. We told some stories on the tee boxes and just talked about a lot of stuff. I remember getting up to the 5th tee and Paladin pressing a little. Told him it was the perfect hole for his driver, just trust it. The guy hit one of the best drives I have ever seen on that hole. Absolutely smoked it. It put a big smile on his face and that was good to see. The company on this day was 2nd to none, and I truly mean that. After their match ended, I saw both back out on the course later with the SO enjoying the afternoon.

Jake mentioned about us playing 18, and I will do that in another post.
You did just that Dean...bring in a calmness to a nervous time. After that first hole we all turned it around 180 and played some damn good golf! Was a pleasure playing with you!

I sit here now telling myself I can do this...I can do this..... So here goes nothing..

I need to start off by thanking every single person within this family for reaching out to my wife and myself during the last few days. Last Friday was one of the hardest days of our married life. I never knew a human body was capable of going through so much emotion and I wouldn't have been able to make the drive home and survive the last few days without my faith and the family here. I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows during our lunch break on Friday. Your text, PM's and shout outs still made me feel like I was part of this and like I was one of your brothers. I guess I can be known as the poster child for what JB and the vets have said all along.... This event is not about the gear, it is about the brotherhood that you develop. I got gear and SWAG but I would give all of that away in heartbeat just to have one more minute with all of you, to be able to say hey to everyone involved and give/receive one more bro hug with my teammates. As the song says…. I could have missed all this pain, but I’d of had to miss The Dance. I wouldn’t want to miss this dance for anything.

Am I still a little bummed.... Who wouldn't be? I sent a PM to my teammates last Friday night and told them that I felt like the Olympic athlete that had trained so hard only to fall down in the preliminary rounds. I told them though that all I had one simple request and they completed that in flying colors... I told them I wanted them to give it all they had for me but most importantly; thank and love on their support staff as soon as this was over. I cannot wait to tee it up with my THP brothers in the near future and finish this journey in the best way possible

My wife was just as upset about leaving as I was on Friday because she was there every step of the way on this journey. It was hard for both of us to just switch off Morgan Cup and step into the cards we had been dealt. She was so patient and I owe a lot of my success in the journey leading up to this to her. Thanks Lib for being my Rock through all of this and I owe you so much.

I need to thank JB, GG and the rest of the THP staff for this event. This events means so much to us all but it also means something different to each of us. For me, when I was selected, I needed this so badly. I had two parents battling cancer, I was trying to overcome an injury that almost took the game away from me and the game just wasn’t fun anymore. I was able to use this event and my journey as a way to keep my parents upbeat and inspire them….. To do those God Awful BOSU lunges and Yoga to get my body in shape…. To dedicate myself back to lessons and figure out how to putt.. I would still probably be down about the game but this event changed my outlook over the last 8 months and I am forever grateful for that. THP just flat out gets it and you mean so much to all of us in our journey with this game.

I need to thank my wonderful sponsor TaylorMade for everything they did for me over the last 8 months. From my fitting at the Kingdom to opening up the catalog, I was so proud to be a representative for you all. Kenn will always be remembered for giving me the most memorable moment of Morgan Cup experience when he starts walking down from the parking lot at True Blue with a blow torch to help me with my driver. I reached out to Kenn Saturday and told him I still felt obligated to put some stuff on film for him and he told me to not worry about a thing and if there was anything I needed changed just to let him know. Kenn you are truly a class act and I am still here if you need anything from me to represent you all.

To all the volunteers, thanks for making this moment so special for all of us with the selflessness that you all showed to us. I tried to go around thank every single one of you and I apologize if I left off anyone.

Jake, thanks for stepping in and taking my place on such short notice. I can only imagine what it felt like to be given the task and you did a great job. Although I have never met you, you reached out to me and wanted to make sure to not overshadow things but to honor my family and you did one heck of a job. I owe you so much

ATL…. Thanks for being my brother from another mother and all of your text and your heartfelt post about me yesterday. We took this ride on together and I was so proud of the progress we made. I still have this fire inside since I didn’t get to play competitively so let me know when we can resume the Flog/ATL challenge. You are truly one of my best friends and I am so grateful for you being in my life.

To the rest of the GA contingency on here that I have gotten to play with and prep with, thanks for opening up your courses to me. Barry, Dawg Daddy, Ole Gray, Just Hacking, Luker, Toad, Josh and others…. You make the Peach State proud with your involvement on here.

To #Cookie/Tadashi/Fupresti and WardF. Thanks for keeping me on my toes and keep battling in my prep work. I knew that I had tough opponents in the first two rounds and you all made sure that I gave it my all up until the very end.

I will do shout outs to my Paradise brothers individually in a separate post but wanted to say thanks for letting me be a part of a journey with you all. We had so much fun and you all stepped up in a moment of crisis and didn’t say what if’s or doubt but showed the class you have showed all along. You made me and the rest of your supporters so proud and I am so blessed to call each of you my friends.

Congrats to Dot Com on the victory. I am proud of each of you for representing each of us as the Champions. Ward, we had a decent amount of time together through all of this and you did awesome as a captain… Your next box of Lucky Charms is on me.

I leave with the most important thank you of all. Thanks to everyone who showed support to the 40 participants on a day to day basis while we were on this journey. It was such an honor to fight for each of you and thanks so much for your support and encouragement when we were having struggles with our game or had doubts how this would all work out. You all are all rock stars and make this place so awesome to come to every day.

In closing, realize that each day is fragile and to give it all you have with whatever you are doing in life. My FIL and I weren’t extremely close in the beginning but over the last few months he would call and check to see how the practice was going and give advice to me. While we don’t get to pick when we leave this world, he was so honored that I had the chance participate in this and he told so many of his friends about it. He didn’t have a computer but I think he was watching the coverage live this weekend and was so proud of the brotherhood and legacy we created.

It isn’t about winning or losing but the true measure of a man is how they play the game.
Awesome post Kyle. I know how much you wanted this along the way. You my friend are a class act!

Wow kyle great post. I am very sad I didnt get to meet you.

Well here goes nothing! If you choose to watch enjoy! Still things after watching it that I'm leaving out I will try to capture those moments daily.

Thanks to Josh & GG for THP. You have helped my son in many ways even though he might not realize it. You have supplied him with an outlet to focus his golf game as well as chance to meet new friends and expand his outlook on golf and his life!

Thanks for the words about Aaron and I but you have to understand there is one person who needs to be thanked here. I thought for awhile after watching this wondering what I was going to say about the video.

I don't want to speak for Aaron but I think he will agree with me on these words. I would like to thank you, six4three5. I have watched you start this journey with the excitement of a kid on Christmas morning. Very soon after you were selected the excitement turn to very focused, hard work, even more than the work you put in for baseball, ( for those of you who don't know, six4three5 was a hell of a second baseman, he played on 2 teams with a combined record of 78 wins and 7 losses over a two period). Watching your game and you grow as a man these last 8 months has been something any father would be very proud of! I know the effort you put in to the Morgan Cup and you right about one thing, I do not think you could have done any more to prepare yourself. Going with out sleep to work on your game, over coming frustrations when your game was not you thought it should be, being pissed when it rain so you could not practice, missing meals with your fiancé. All of these things and more show how dedicated you are to your team and your game.
While all of the things I have said are true, the things I am most proud of are the way you have become a young man. People around you see you as you are, a good friend and a good person who will help out a friend in need. I think you deserve a Thank You from me !

Kyle: you are a special individual, we will get that round in one of these days - mark my words.

Thanks to Josh & GG for THP. You have helped my son in many ways even though he might not realize it. You have supplied him with an outlet to focus his golf game as well as chance to meet new friends and expand his outlook on golf and his life!

Thanks for the words about Aaron and I but you have to understand there is one person who needs to be thanked here. I thought for awhile after watching this wondering what I was going to say about the video.

I don't want to speak for Aaron but I think he will agree with me on these words. I would like to thank you, six4three5. I have watched you start this journey with the excitement of a kid on Christmas morning. Very soon after you were selected the excitement turn to very focused, hard work, even more than the work you put in for baseball, ( for those of you who don't know, six4three5 was a hell of a second baseman, he played on 2 teams with a combined record of 78 wins and 7 losses over a two period). Watching your game and you grow as a man these last 8 months has been something any father would be very proud of! I know the effort you put in to the Morgan Cup and you right about one thing, I do not think you could have done any more to prepare yourself. Going with out sleep to work on your game, over coming frustrations when your game was not you thought it should be, being pissed when it rain so you could not practice, missing meals with your fiancé. All of these things and more show how dedicated you are to your team and your game.
While all of the things I have said are true, the things I am most proud of are the way you have become a young man. People around you see you as you are, a good friend and a good person who will help out a friend in need. I think you deserve a Thank You from me !
No worries on speaking on my behalf - completely agree with you.

Well done Jimmy!!

As a Dad, you should be so proud of this young man.

So I am sitting here with 3 computers open video on two of them and THP on the other. I just watched something so trivial and lost it a bit. It was nothing more than a hug between two players that knew the Morgan Cup had ended. Why was that emotional? I dont know, because I am weird I guess, but it hit me. There is no more Morgan Cup. I had to say it to myself 3 more times outloud (yes I am a dork), there is no more Morgan Cup. I got a couple of stories to share with you guys about the history that are fairly meaningless but pretty funny.

How did the name come to be? GolferGal and I were sitting here after I told her this ridiculous idea and I said what should it be named? We went back and forth and had nothing (I knew all along I wanted to name it the Morgan Cup). I said to her how about the Morgan Cup. The name is unisex for the most part and could symbolize the host. She went for it and the rest is history. From day 1, when I drew up the outline, I had known what I wanted to name it and got my way (which is a trend with this event).

The first one was awful on our end. I got thrown into playing and the idea of coverage just a few hours delayed was up there with the worst ideas I have ever come up with. I can think of a few worse ones, but that is for a different story. I mean just truly terrible and despite GG working her tail off uploading and streaming coverage, it was just not good. But the end result was okay (not the coverage, but the confidence). That we could do this thing right with the right people and make it special. It took a couple of tries, but the result was awesome.

This year my favorite part of the trip (well I had lots of them) was walking around on Staff Sponsor Day and making sure we spoke to every single person there. Making sure things were right, they were having fun and that the smiles we saw from far away were real. Seeing people happy was the only goal ever for this event and while some may think otherwise, its just not accurate. The only reason we have ever hosted this, was to see if it could be done, done right and see golfers experience what has never been completed. All the other stuff was heresay and bullsh!t. The journey should be this way, that way or any other way in between. The journey was simple...Do it your way. That was it. There are thousands of ways to get there, all we wanted in return was someone to come eager for the event to be on deck.

What we got were 40 people eager for just that...The only way to capitalize on that (metaphorically speaking) was to do the weekend the right way, our way from the time Staff Sponsor Day began until the final count was done on Sunday. It was calculated, it was cold in some ways, but it was the right move to change the entire event. 24 new people did not know what to expect, and the 16 veterans did not either. That was strangely a great feeling, but at the same time a nerve wracking one. We always loved the veterans advice as the moments grew near, but also knew they had no idea what was coming and much of the stuff they were saying (while well intentioned) was just not accurate for this event. So we let it ride and just told people to expect the unexpected.

The changes were a hit in our opinions and based on what I am viewing, the volunteers captured them as well as possible. There is just so much incredible stuff that took place it was the perfect cap to the perfect weekend and its captured as well as possible. Just some of the changes.
Media Day was dead and buried (it was terrible).
Staff Sponsor Day was new and incredible.
Every participant had different tasks.
Practice Round scheduled with company participation.
New Formats
More points on Saturday
Not knowing Sunday opponent until the event
Group Dinners Friday and Saturday
Heck outside of the name and Sunday Singles, the entire event was completely different, which was the goal from the very beginning. Move people in a way through the game of golf that nobody thought was feasible. Whether that be through the practice, the staff bags, the 14 club deals, the tasks, the competition, the team or anything else. Change the game as it was written, because despite what some thought, it was broken.

Then a week before the event, I got sidetracked. I wont get into the details, but those there know I had a few things bothering me. It hit again on Saturday at the event when my wife was crying and we thought it was the end of our little boy. It made me a bit colder on Sunday, knowing we were playing "beat the clock", but I was not going to let this take away from the experience. No matter what, it was about the people there, and the committment to excellence that all 40 gave in their own way, deserved the greatness that was the final curtain call of the Morgan Cup.

I know leading up to the event, during the event and even a bit afterwards, posts were made like "possibly" the final one, etc etc. We can tell everybody now that it is real, the event that took place was in fact the final Morgan Cup. Not because anybody did anything wrong or that it was not well received. In fact the opposite, it got the rise we expected (good and bad) and was one for the ages. It truly is special watching 40 work together, rather than some work together and some work to pull apart. It was a special weekend (and journey) that should/will stand the test of time and never be forgotten.

Where was I...Oh yeah, going through the video and seeing the movement of the players. Seeing the excitement of the players. Seeing the happiness of all involved. No matter what happened, nothing can ever remove that memory. Watching this reminds me of why we do it, why we love it and why we will continue to evolve and become better at what we do here, and better people because of it. While you thank us for the event, we thank you for the memories of a special year that will last the test of time. The wonderful final curtain call of the Morgan Cup. Truly, one special journey...

Bumping this post per request.

Thanks for the bump JB. There has been so much posted today and I was tied up most of the day.

Now I'm worried about what else I missed.

Site idea: Morgan doing a ICYMI post each week. Seems like I've seen that done somewhere :)

Just caught up on the last day and a half of posts after being ultra busy at work. Even though I wasn't there, the stories and heartfelt emotions I watched and read in the thread caused some dust and allergies to kick up in my house. Not to slight any of the other incredible posts, but the ones that really struck me were the videos by Jimmy and Cookie and the posts by JB, Kyle and Maddog. I appreciate everyone's no holes barred sharing that gives the whole community a great sense of the work, personalities and experiences involved in this wonderful event!

Donnie I would pay money to watch that match!!

I would too Christian...there were several matches that I hated to miss from being out playing on my own, but based on what was going on out there, I would love to see those four gentlemen square off.

Other than knowing my voice cracked twice, and the Doug had to endure several big sweaty hugs, I have no idea what I said there. I know that last hour was one of my toughest and proudest golf memories ever, and not just because of the result. Thank you for being there Kevin.

I can not wait to see this.

Me too.

Many times it's not the things people say that drives the message home. Although they were good too

So in my "Thank You" recap I forgot to thank three very important people....only 1 of which is a member and the other whom I'm going to send a link to.

Jim Hauman - I know you're lurking around here somewhere Jim. I've told you this in person, in email, on the phone and in texts....but thank you so much for helping me with every aspect of my game. When I showed up that first day for my SeeMore fitting I had no idea that it would turn into a bi-weekly lesson. And I'm not going to lie, that first lesson really screwed my head up. It was two days before my first tournament and we completely redid my putting and chipping approach. From what to think to the actual stroke itself. But I stuck with it...even though I fired an awesome 95 with a lot of bad putts and too many awful chips to speak of. As time went on we developed more than a teacher/student relationship. We became friends. You took your free time on Fridays to spend 3 hours working with me not just for this event, but for every round of golf I would play going forward. You went way above and beyond what I ever expected from an instructor starting with letting me try EVERY SeeMore putter you could get your hands on to the amazing going away present the day I left. It's not the actual putting strokes, drills and chips that really changed my game. It was was mental side of the game that I had never really taken the time to invest in. "Aggressive swings and conservative lines"....it changed my approach to my game forever. Anyone who thinks that I play a decent game of golf really needs to look no further into that statement, and it's you who gave me that mindset. While I didn't sink 1/4 of the putts I wanted to last weekend, I didn't miss by much. You are really more than a teacher, you're someone I consider a good friend.

My Dad -You've always been my biggest supporter. You were gone 4 days a week putting food on the table, clothes on my back and everything a kid of the 80's and 90's could ever want. For those who don't know, my dad was an over the road truck driver for 51 years. But no matter where you were in the country, you always found a way to get to the big events. Including this past weekend. At a young age I pestered you to let me learn how to golf. FINALLY at 11 you took me for my first lesson. It was a cold rainy day and for the life of me I can't remember the name of my instructor. I do remember that he was probably older than the city we lived in and likely had no business being outside in that kind of weather. The only thing I remember about that lesson his actually getting to your golf clubs and buying a range mat for the back yard so I could practice. They were Wilson 1200 GEs. Steel headed woods and irons that weighed a ton. Every time I come over to the house I can't help but picking one of those clubs up and remembering spending hours in the back yard or at the range swinging those clubs in every kind of weather imaginable. I wanted to learn how to play golf for no other reason than to play with you. While we haven't played nearly as many rounds as I would have liked, you've always been on the course with me. You've been through a lot in the past 15 years. There were times where I wasn't sure if I would have the chance to talk to you the next day. I watched you recover from quadruple bypass, cancer, fight diabetes and all of the bad that comes with it. But every time you bounced back stronger than ever. When I got back into the game of golf you were again my biggest supporter. I called you after every round to tell you how I did. The best gift that this game has given me was the day you asked me to take you shopping for your first set of clubs in 30 years. I think I was more excited than you were. I did all of the research narrowed it down to a set of Adams A12 OS. You hadn't picked up a club since I got married (almost 10 years at that time) and after a few swings you were getting the ball airborne. You signed up for lessons that day as well and I made sure to schedule my lessons right before or after yours. When I was picked for this event you were the first person I called to tell and I think you were more excited than I was. Every day we would talk you would ask me if anything new was going on with the event and how my game was coming along. I was so excited when you said you were going to come down and watch me play. Sharing this past weekend with was something I would never trade for all of the money in the world. It was beyond words to look up and see the look on your face after I hit a shot. I felt like I was 17 again and looking up into the stands to try and find you and mom after scoring. I enjoyed watching you interact with the people I had spent the last 6 months forming a lifetime bond with. I enjoyed even more hearing from everyone, "Adam! You're dad is awesome, man." It wasn't the first time I've heard it. I think you were more popular in college than I was. You've always been my hero and my inspiration.

Ok....I've spent the last hour lying to my wife about "my allergies". Time to get to work on Round 2!

Probably shouldn't read these recaps when cooking with onions. Eye irritants and all.

So in my "Thank You" recap I forgot to thank three very important people....only 1 of which is a member and the other whom I'm going to send a link to.

Jim Hauman - I know you're lurking around here somewhere Jim. I've told you this in person, in email, on the phone and in texts....but thank you so much for helping me with every aspect of my game. When I showed up that first day for my SeeMore fitting I had no idea that it would turn into a bi-weekly lesson. And I'm not going to lie, that first lesson really screwed my head up. It was two days before my first tournament and we completely redid my putting and chipping approach. From what to think to the actual stroke itself. But I stuck with it...even though I fired an awesome 95 with a lot of bad putts and too many awful chips to speak of. As time went on we developed more than a teacher/student relationship. We became friends. You took your free time on Fridays to spend 3 hours working with me not just for this event, but for every round of golf I would play going forward. You went way above and beyond what I ever expected from an instructor starting with letting me try EVERY SeeMore putter you could get your hands on to the amazing going away present the day I left. It's not the actual putting strokes, drills and chips that really changed my game. It was was mental side of the game that I had never really taken the time to invest in. "Aggressive swings and conservative lines"....it changed my approach to my game forever. Anyone who thinks that I play a decent game of golf really needs to look no further into that statement, and it's you who gave me that mindset. While I didn't sink 1/4 of the putts I wanted to last weekend, I didn't miss by much. You are really more than a teacher, you're someone I consider a good friend.

My Dad -You've always been my biggest supporter. You were gone 4 days a week putting food on the table, clothes on my back and everything a kid of the 80's and 90's could ever want. For those who don't know, my dad was an over the road truck driver for 51 years. But no matter where you were in the country, you always found a way to get to the big events. Including this past weekend. At a young age I pestered you to let me learn how to golf. FINALLY at 11 you took me for my first lesson. It was a cold rainy day and for the life of me I can't remember the name of my instructor. I do remember that he was probably older than the city we lived in and likely had no business being outside in that kind of weather. The only thing I remember about that lesson his actually getting to your golf clubs and buying a range mat for the back yard so I could practice. They were Wilson 1200 GEs. Steel headed woods and irons that weighed a ton. Every time I come over to the house I can't help but picking one of those clubs up and remembering spending hours in the back yard or at the range swinging those clubs in every kind of weather imaginable. I wanted to learn how to play golf for no other reason than to play with you. While we haven't played nearly as many rounds as I would have liked, you've always been on the course with me. You've been through a lot in the past 15 years. There were times where I wasn't sure if I would have the chance to talk to you the next day. I watched you recover from quadruple bypass, cancer, fight diabetes and all of the bad that comes with it. But every time you bounced back stronger than ever. When I got back into the game of golf you were again my biggest supporter. I called you after every round to tell you how I did. The best gift that this game has given me was the day you asked me to take you shopping for your first set of clubs in 30 years. I think I was more excited than you were. I did all of the research narrowed it down to a set of Adams A12 OS. You hadn't picked up a club since I got married (almost 10 years at that time) and after a few swings you were getting the ball airborne. You signed up for lessons that day as well and I made sure to schedule my lessons right before or after yours. When I was picked for this event you were the first person I called to tell and I think you were more excited than I was. Every day we would talk you would ask me if anything new was going on with the event and how my game was coming along. I was so excited when you said you were going to come down and watch me play. Sharing this past weekend with was something I would never trade for all of the money in the world. It was beyond words to look up and see the look on your face after I hit a shot. I felt like I was 17 again and looking up into the stands to try and find you and mom after scoring. I enjoyed watching you interact with the people I had spent the last 6 months forming a lifetime bond with. I enjoyed even more hearing from everyone, "Adam! You're dad is awesome, man." It wasn't the first time I've heard it. I think you were more popular in college than I was. You've always been my hero and my inspiration.

Ok....I've spent the last hour lying to my wife about "my allergies". Time to get to work on Round 2!
You're dad is absolutely awesome. Love that special bond that you guys have. Thanks for making me cry while sitting in a room full of people.

I sit here now telling myself I can do this...I can do this..... So here goes nothing..

I need to start off by thanking every single person within this family for reaching out to my wife and myself during the last few days. Last Friday was one of the hardest days of our married life. I never knew a human body was capable of going through so much emotion and I wouldn't have been able to make the drive home and survive the last few days without my faith and the family here. I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows during our lunch break on Friday. Your text, PM's and shout outs still made me feel like I was part of this and like I was one of your brothers. I guess I can be known as the poster child for what JB and the vets have said all along.... This event is not about the gear, it is about the brotherhood that you develop. I got gear and SWAG but I would give all of that away in heartbeat just to have one more minute with all of you, to be able to say hey to everyone involved and give/receive one more bro hug with my teammates. As the song says…. I could have missed all this pain, but I’d of had to miss The Dance. I wouldn’t want to miss this dance for anything.

Am I still a little bummed.... Who wouldn't be? I sent a PM to my teammates last Friday night and told them that I felt like the Olympic athlete that had trained so hard only to fall down in the preliminary rounds. I told them though that all I had one simple request and they completed that in flying colors... I told them I wanted them to give it all they had for me but most importantly; thank and love on their support staff as soon as this was over. I cannot wait to tee it up with my THP brothers in the near future and finish this journey in the best way possible

My wife was just as upset about leaving as I was on Friday because she was there every step of the way on this journey. It was hard for both of us to just switch off Morgan Cup and step into the cards we had been dealt. She was so patient and I owe a lot of my success in the journey leading up to this to her. Thanks Lib for being my Rock through all of this and I owe you so much.

I need to thank JB, GG and the rest of the THP staff for this event. This events means so much to us all but it also means something different to each of us. For me, when I was selected, I needed this so badly. I had two parents battling cancer, I was trying to overcome an injury that almost took the game away from me and the game just wasn’t fun anymore. I was able to use this event and my journey as a way to keep my parents upbeat and inspire them….. To do those God Awful BOSU lunges and Yoga to get my body in shape…. To dedicate myself back to lessons and figure out how to putt.. I would still probably be down about the game but this event changed my outlook over the last 8 months and I am forever grateful for that. THP just flat out gets it and you mean so much to all of us in our journey with this game.

I need to thank my wonderful sponsor TaylorMade for everything they did for me over the last 8 months. From my fitting at the Kingdom to opening up the catalog, I was so proud to be a representative for you all. Kenn will always be remembered for giving me the most memorable moment of Morgan Cup experience when he starts walking down from the parking lot at True Blue with a blow torch to help me with my driver. I reached out to Kenn Saturday and told him I still felt obligated to put some stuff on film for him and he told me to not worry about a thing and if there was anything I needed changed just to let him know. Kenn you are truly a class act and I am still here if you need anything from me to represent you all.

To all the volunteers, thanks for making this moment so special for all of us with the selflessness that you all showed to us. I tried to go around thank every single one of you and I apologize if I left off anyone.

Jake, thanks for stepping in and taking my place on such short notice. I can only imagine what it felt like to be given the task and you did a great job. Although I have never met you, you reached out to me and wanted to make sure to not overshadow things but to honor my family and you did one heck of a job. I owe you so much

ATL…. Thanks for being my brother from another mother and all of your text and your heartfelt post about me yesterday. We took this ride on together and I was so proud of the progress we made. I still have this fire inside since I didn’t get to play competitively so let me know when we can resume the Flog/ATL challenge. You are truly one of my best friends and I am so grateful for you being in my life.

To the rest of the GA contingency on here that I have gotten to play with and prep with, thanks for opening up your courses to me. Barry, Dawg Daddy, Ole Gray, Just Hacking, Luker, Toad, Josh and others…. You make the Peach State proud with your involvement on here.

To #Cookie/Tadashi/Fupresti and WardF. Thanks for keeping me on my toes and keep battling in my prep work. I knew that I had tough opponents in the first two rounds and you all made sure that I gave it my all up until the very end.

I will do shout outs to my Paradise brothers individually in a separate post but wanted to say thanks for letting me be a part of a journey with you all. We had so much fun and you all stepped up in a moment of crisis and didn’t say what if’s or doubt but showed the class you have showed all along. You made me and the rest of your supporters so proud and I am so blessed to call each of you my friends.

Congrats to Dot Com on the victory. I am proud of each of you for representing each of us as the Champions. Ward, we had a decent amount of time together through all of this and you did awesome as a captain… Your next box of Lucky Charms is on me.

I leave with the most important thank you of all. Thanks to everyone who showed support to the 40 participants on a day to day basis while we were on this journey. It was such an honor to fight for each of you and thanks so much for your support and encouragement when we were having struggles with our game or had doubts how this would all work out. You all are all rock stars and make this place so awesome to come to every day.

In closing, realize that each day is fragile and to give it all you have with whatever you are doing in life. My FIL and I weren’t extremely close in the beginning but over the last few months he would call and check to see how the practice was going and give advice to me. While we don’t get to pick when we leave this world, he was so honored that I had the chance participate in this and he told so many of his friends about it. He didn’t have a computer but I think he was watching the coverage live this weekend and was so proud of the brotherhood and legacy we created.

It isn’t about winning or losing but the true measure of a man is how they play the game.
Kyle, you are all class buddy. You have endured alot in your life and after reading what you went through to come back and even play golf again, it made this all more special to me. You inspired me to become a better golfer and a better person. That's not lip service either. That's the truth. I'm sorry you had to leave under such awful circumstances but this isn't the end for you. You have an amazing future ahead of you.

Adam, just know that if I wasn't so damn far away, you would be getting another hug right now. I am so glad that so many people got to see the man this weekend that I have known was behind that keyboard.

Mas recaps por favor

Adam, you and your dad are awesome, totally awesome.

Well… for starters this was my third MC, and the one I will remember most! Where else can I get hugs from multiple men and my husband not care ha ha!! I love seeing each year how a random group of strangers can turn into family in a matter of a few days, each wanting to win, but at the same time cheering on their competitors.
Every year I am also treated like one of the family and not just one of the wives, and this means so much.
I wouldn't consider myself a volunteer, more like Morgan's side kick! Those volunteers worked their butts off this past weekend and the fruit of their labor shows! I had the privilege of helping Morgan last year, and decided to help again, and couldn't have asked for a better time! Man were we trouble this year with all our jokes and pranks. :) Thank you to everyone that has mentioned me, it was an honor to watch every up and down and the emotions that ensued.
I have made so many friends over the past three years, and that is truly priceless!
Now dammit Canadan….. Where is my slushy!

Well… for starters this was my third MC, and the one I will remember most! Where else can I get hugs from multiple men and my husband not care ha ha!! I love seeing each year how a random group of strangers can turn into family in a matter of a few days, each wanting to win, but at the same time cheering on their competitors.
Every year I am also treated like one of the family and not just one of the wives, and this means so much.
I wouldn't consider myself a volunteer, more like Morgan's side kick! Those volunteers worked their butts off this past weekend and the fruit of their labor shows! I had the privilege of helping Morgan last year, and decided to help again, and couldn't have asked for a better time! Man were we trouble this year with all our jokes and pranks. :) Thank you to everyone that has mentioned me, it was an honor to watch every up and down and the emotions that ensued.
I have made so many friends over the past three years, and that is truly priceless!
Now dammit Canadan where….. Where is my slushy!
Please tell me you kept your ongoing match score sheets....

You needed a slide rule and a Masters in Engineering to figure out what was going on there.

Back