What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First day of the senior club championship. I'm in the second flight (hc index 6.5 to 7.8) and tied for the lead but six behind the leaders in the first flight for the parking space. It was a grind all day and finally I slipped a little on the last three holes, going four over on those holes. I made a double on 18, first in three rounds. (38, 42) 80

Tied my PB with a 39-36 for a 75 in the first round of my club's member guest tourney today. Had 3 birdies, 2 bogeys, and two doubles with 1 penalty. I really played well overall today. My tee game was off compared to normal, but still hit 7/14 FIR. Every fairway I missed, missed right. Hit my irons really well. Was flushing almost everything. Had many good looks at birdie today that I let slip by. I freaking love my Ping Zing 2 BeCu. We're like peas and carrots, it and I. I cut down the shaft 2 inches and added a SuperStroke to it last night and I was rolling grenades today. Made a bunch of 5-10 putts, some for birdie, some for par. My two doubles were the result of poor club choice. Fun, fun round.

We're currently T-2 in the tourney standings, in which we played a modified Stableford. The points broke down to 3pts for eagle, 2 for birdie, 1 for par, and 0pts for bogey or worse. We ended up at +18 as a team and I was +17 myself, but there were times where strategized our putts so that a birdie run could be made so it was definitely a team score. So much to play competitively again.

That doesn't sound good buddy.

Had nothing to do with my swing. I was hitting the ball good. Other things on the course got me a little steamed. The round started great and was good until 10. The rest is in the rant thread.

An 8 over 44...but 5 of those are from two holes. After a birdie on 4 put me even, I bogeyed 5, then double-crossed my drive on 6, leading to a triple, and put a drive in the water on 7, leading to a double. Ugh. Still, I'm really, really happy with how I'm hitting the ball, and the MD2 wedges are staying in the bag for sure. Just able to get so much spin and trajectory control from them.

Played a bit of match play with Wluker17 today as he preps for The Gauntlet. 42/45 for 87. Played Stone Mountain - Lakemont course. I'd last played this course 15 years ago and they've made quite a few changes, especially to the back nine. Its been so long its was almost like playing a course new to me. Its a very old school course with tight fairways and rolling hills that give you some blind shots. The greens were very inconsistent. A few were in great shape and others had massive dead spots. Putting was a struggle to say the least. Had a stretch of three 3-putts in a row at one point. Really only made 1 putt of length and that was the birdie on 18 an last hole to end the match at AS.

6/13 Fairways, 4/18 GIR, 13/18 GIRP, 32 putts.
1 birdie, 4 pars, 9 bogies, 4 doubles

Got rained out but finished 9 and shot 39. Still struggling with putting but my ball striking was on today.

82 at Deerwood CC with THPer Diabolo and 3 of our other friends from our Houston Facebook group. 41/41. 9 fairways with 7 greens. Had one bad 3 putt on the front and 2 doubles on the back, one swinging for a par 5 in two that I didn't think I could get to but wanted to just for fun. Great day for golf though by August standards here, cloudy and in the low to mid 80s considering August is usually 98 and feels like 350. Great guys to play with too, laughing the whole round.

Crazy crazy round today. Playing round one of two of my member member tournament with my dad, and we start out absolutely rolling.

I'm two under after four holes on my ball, and it starts absolutely downpouring. We don't hit another ball for around 45 minutes to an hour, and by then I was soooo out of it -- really couldn't care less about golfing. I bogeyed a handful of holes leading into our 13th hole, and at that point I'd had enough. Told my dad we were birdieing out (as a team) and promptly birdied 4 of the final six, with him dropping net birdies on the other two.

It was awesome. Finished -1 71 on my own ball, which was pretty huge after the funk I was in.

Atta boy Dan!

Played a new course (for me) with two THP'ers. Course was not in the best of conditions. Jekyll and Hyde round - 36/48 = 84, played to my handicap. Only 31 putts - getting my putting stroke grooved, which is nice.

Not awesome.
Played Garland Fountains (Private) as a guest and due to many blind shots, water hazards, etc, I shot a disappointing score despite striking the ball pretty well.

Went 46/46 for a 92, 7/14 FIR 4/18 GIR, and 35 putts.

Played 6488 yards which on a few holes was a little long for me, (a 236 yd par 3 come on...)

But I was a guest and had a great time on a beautiful course.

Personal best 82. Not sure where it came from but lots of fairways hit and lots of greens. Putts were just falling too.

Played a little links course around here and shot an 87! Not too shabby at all. But even better, my mom shot a personal best 76!!!! So fun to be there for her!

Played a local course that's always wet in winter and today wasn't any different. I managed to shoot 70 (-1) off the black tees. They're new tees that I'd not played before and it changed the way the course plays, it's significantly longer!

Personal best 82. Not sure where it came from but lots of fairways hit and lots of greens. Putts were just falling too.

Days like that are awesome. Congrats on the PB.

39 /37 good day of ball striking

84 with a triple on the last hole :(

38/42-80. Another Tiger like driving day, but all my misses were left so I guess eliminating 1 side was successful. 36 putts hurt tho.

Shot a very underwhelming 78 this morning at my usual course. 41-37.

First round since the Morgan Cup, and the hangover was definitely there. Just didn't really feel like playing.

I drove the ball really well. Irons were okay, and a crazy amount of tough pins made for tough scoring. But, I didn't really grind over a single putt or shot around the green. I just wanted to move on to the next hole.

Ugh.

Thanks Jman, the lessons are paying off.

Thanks Jman, the lessons are paying off.

Love it dude, nothing like seeing the light when things start to click from all that work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back