The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it appears I won't be able to quit golf post MC like originally planned as I'll be playing In my brothers we'd might golf leagues.

So back to the range tomorrow. Kinda miss this sweet a$$ new irons anyhow.

Back to the grind!

Back to the grind!
Let's not get carried away. Just gonna make sure i don't double #1 in the championship again in a 2 man scramble

Just got in from hitting in my garage.

Focused on keeping wrists flat, and arms connected.

Nice easy swings. Had real good contact.

Love the net return net! It shows slice, hooks and straight balls.

So it appears I won't be able to quit golf post MC like originally planned as I'll be playing In my brothers we'd might golf leagues.

Just think I get to fill in for you next week.

Stop off at the range this morning and worked on the driver, fairway woods, and hybrids. The swing feels really good right now. Tempo is there which equates to confidence!

Good. No long lay offs this year. #slacker

I was really wanting to hit the range yesterday after work but it was closed, so I was forced to work on my short game and putting. Worked on that for about an hour. Hoping I'll be able to hit the range later this week to get in some time with the new irons.

Participated in a step aside scramble today to raise money to fight breast cancer. I was erratic at first but throughout the round hit some really nice approach shots setting our squad up for some pars and birdies. I also managed to find some rythym off the tee with the driver. I focused on syncing up my shoulders with my arms and had awesome results. High, fairly straight with a slight fade, and about 260-270 carry on the last four swings I put it in play. Best stretch of driving all year and I'm looking forward to continuing it next round.

Putting and chipping were decent but nothing outrageous. Had a couple of really good chips that bailed the team out. Also bladed one over the green. Can't win em all :alien:

First swings since the MC.

First few were fat an awful...like really really bad.

Then got it going. Worked on the 3/4 swing quite a bit. Much better contact for me. The miss is still the push right from mot turning through which continues to hinder me.

them hit a few solid drives with the xhot. Nothing to brag about but just solid.

Short was was good which surprised me after the lay off. Didn't do that for long ad I wanted to practice the 75 yard wedge shot.

This shot kills me I'm just not accurate with it at all. 3/4 57* and while distance was close in most cases I was missing left and then right and then left and so forth.

League tomorrow unless we get rained out

First time to the range since the Morgan Cup and it was dismal, absolutely horrifying lol. I think I came back too soon and probably reinjured my pride a little.

I am going to lay off for August and try again in Sept, I just don't have a desire to hit balls right now. It's a really strange thing to me because the one thing I love as much as playing is hitting shots at the range. #Thahangovercontinues

First swings since the MC.

First few were fat an awful...like really really bad.

Then got it going. Worked on the 3/4 swing quite a bit. Much better contact for me. The miss is still the push right from mot turning through which continues to hinder me.

them hit a few solid drives with the xhot. Nothing to brag about but just solid.

Short was was good which surprised me after the lay off. Didn't do that for long ad I wanted to practice the 75 yard wedge shot.

This shot kills me I'm just not accurate with it at all. 3/4 57* and while distance was close in most cases I was missing left and then right and then left and so forth.

League tomorrow unless we get rained out
I dont practice that 75 yd shot. I do diligently practice avoiding that yardage though lol

I dont practice that 75 yd shot. I do diligently practice avoiding that yardage though lol
Just a silly shot. Then I try it with partial 53 and 49* so I can use those clubs and still no luck...whatever

Just a silly shot. Then I try it with partial 53 and 49* so I can use those clubs and still no luck...whatever
Tell me about it. I rember being in a stupid fw bunker 70 yds out and saying wtf i dont want this yardage even in the fairway

3 more buckets (150 balls) tonight. Spent probably 1/3 of them on wedges. That IS the money shot, right?
Oh, and I will OWN you at 75 yards! :nono:

Getting the tempo back that I somehow lost a few rounds ago. Felt pretty good tonight. Tweaked on the driver settings some...Hit two into the back net @ 270. :rockon: Let's hope that sticks around for about another 35 days!

Worked today on my right elbow at the top of the swing and its correlation with me getting steep. Good stuff.

Though its evident I need to start a stretching routine ASAP.
I stretch everyday for 20/30 minutes. At 57 I can hands flat on floor with knees straight. Takes a few minutes to get there but has worked wonders for swing. Takes a while started 2 years ago.

Another session today on the right elbow at the top of the swing and also not cranking the face open at the top. Lead to much more solid irons and by the end the long clubs were coming around nicely.

Hit two of the prettiest off the deck 3w's I have ever hit, just high and LONG.

I don't want it to come of badly, but its nice to work just for you and not with more than that on the mind, I enjoy practicing again right now and that's a big deal for me.

Short game practice tonight with the wedges from 5 -30 yds out. I had 30 balls in my shag bag and split them between high and low shots from each spot. Finished the session with short flop shots over the practice bunker. 180 shots in total. #theGauntlet #GiveItAllYouGot

Short game practice tonight with the wedges from 5 -30 yds out. I had 30 balls in my shag bag and split them between high and low shots from each spot. Finished the session with short flop shots over the practice bunker. 180 shots in total. #theGauntlet #GiveItAllYouGot

Dude, I'm amazed at how much I enjoy the short game practice, the MC prep changed me there and its so nice to be able to stop and chip/pitch before or after a round and just enjoy it all.

I just wish my course had a full short game area, would be nice to be able to do more with the sand game.

Dude, I'm amazed at how much I enjoy the short game practice, the MC prep changed me there and its so nice to be able to stop and chip/pitch before or after a round and just enjoy it all.

I just wish my course had a full short game area, would be nice to be able to do more with the sand game.

Yeah I had fun with it tonight. Mixed up the routine as I usually hit a large bucket. I ran out of time for bunker shots as the lights went off at 9pm. Whats funny is that bunker has you aiming at a flag with a house about 50 yds behind the green. It adds a bit of pressure to not thin one into a window lol.

Yeah I had fun with it tonight. Mixed up the routine as I usually hit a large bucket. I ran out of time for bunker shots as the lights went off at 9pm. Whats funny is that bunker has you aiming at a flag with a house about 50 yds behind the green. It adds a bit of pressure to not thin one into a window lol.

Oh god, I'd be doomed dude. I'd for sure either skull one through it or just hit everything silly heavy out of fear hahahaha

I need to get to the range tomorrow at work and it pains me cause I'll have to buy balls, but I need to work this fade or push that has crept into my swing.

Not sure if going over sized grips is part of the cause of it on top of bringing the club slightly inside on the take away. When I'm straight back or even slightly outside I'm nuking the driver, 3wd and hybo.

Playing lesson scheduled Friday and it's my first ever gonna be fun fo sho

Played two great 9's last week.... 36 & 35 then Sunday 88.... Granted I was on 3 hours of sleep and probably still tipsy. Anyway.... 88 is unacceptable. Spent 2.5 hours at the range working on some things today. Really need to get weight transferred through to my left foot and keep my head and body down on the way through. I'll hopefully get more practice in Thursday as I have the club championship this weekend.

Went to the to spend some quality time with my new J40s. I'm playing a tough course on Saturday and will probably be hitting lots of irons off the tee. Worked on putting a consistent swing on it. Have been fighting a hook on misses lately so I was focusing on the keeping the club face square.

Hit everything well until it came to the driver. Only hit a few decently. Chalked it up to being tired as I'd been out there for close to an hour and a half.

Went to the to spend some quality time with my new J40s. I'm playing a tough course on Saturday and will probably be hitting lots of irons off the tee. Worked on putting a consistent swing on it. Have been fighting a hook on misses lately so I was focusing on the keeping the club face square.

Hit everything well until it came to the driver. Only hit a few decently. Chalked it up to being tired as I'd been out there for close to an hour and a half.

Go get it Patna! Fairways and greens. Don't need to be a hero on all the holes. Pick your spots and you'll do fine. I know you get inpatient on a few holes when birdies don't come. Move to the next hole and don't press. You've got the game....just let it happen.

Go get it Patna! Fairways and greens. Don't need to be a hero on all the holes. Pick your spots and you'll do fine. I know you get inpatient on a few holes when birdies don't come. Move to the next hole and don't press. You've got the game....just let it happen.

Thanks, brother. There is a strong chance the driver stays in the bag the entire round depending on what the wind does. The key is to find the fairway. Goal is to avoid the big number.

Hit a few at the range tonight and more of the same. Driver and wedges were great (as they always are at the range) while irons were spotty. I compress the ball just fine and hit it the right distance but aim is really hit and miss. I have no idea which way it will miss or if it will go straight when I'm over the ball right now.

I stumbled on a new short game area to practice and had it all to myself today. I spent about two hours there. It was fun to come up with new ways to work on things. I probably hit 50+ bunker shots and 200+ chip shots. It was great having that much time and space to actually experiment and work on things. The big take always were 1) the importance of pre-shot routine, 2) making sure to do the setup fundamentals right every time, and 3) gotta keep the club moving through the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back