Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GG tweaked her neck and is laid up. Now I have to do things for myself. Im lost and confused.

Tell her you caught a man cold and then she'll have to get better immediately to start taking care of you again! :clapp:

I am SO Sick and tired of the Google Chrome internet browser. I'm too lazy to install firefox again, but CHROME is just terrible!! The page loading is so slow, and if you try to load 2 tabs at once, one of them will freeze and quit loading. I have run into no luck trying to find a good browser after trying firefox, IE, Safari, and Chrome

So far firefox has been the best.

reload FireFox Dent.....they just upgraded to 3.6.3 I believe and it's really good. I just updated mine last night and love it.

I am SO Sick and tired of the Google Chrome internet browser. I'm too lazy to install firefox again, but CHROME is just terrible!! The page loading is so slow, and if you try to load 2 tabs at once, one of them will freeze and quit loading. I have run into no luck trying to find a good browser after trying firefox, IE, Safari, and Chrome

So far firefox has been the best.

Excellent! Glad you like it!

Just got it! Right on. I love the persona themes you can use for the layout.

Not really a rant but more of a fyi......For all the Ping people out there, I was cruising through the Apple's app store last night and noticed Ping has an app now. I didn't check it out entirely but it seemed pretty cool from what I saw.

Why do people continue to act a certain way, leave the site (or get the ban hammer) and then try to come back with a new name. Do you they not realize that Hacker is a master at this stuff and has software that picks it up? sometimes it takes time, but eventually the software will pick it up.

Why do people continue to act a certain way, leave the site (or get the ban hammer) and then try to come back with a new name. Do you they not realize that Hacker is a master at this stuff and has software that picks it up? sometimes it takes time, but eventually the software will pick it up.

It could be that if you can manage to get banned at a site as amiable as THP, that you're not the shiniest iron in the bag.

Kevin

It could be that if you can manage to get banned at a site as amiable as THP, that you're not the shiniest iron in the bag.

Kevin

That just made me laugh. This same person got banned, came back as someone else, came back and made an apology, was allowed back and got banned again. This same person was the 1st one to come on and complain about rep every single day, yet was the person that gave it out more than any other on the entire forum. If you are so unhappy with the way this board is run, and get banned twice due to dozens of complaints, just take it elsewhere, its not worth the hassle. We never want to ban anybody, and think we are pretty tame in that regard, but really? Its an internet forum, and nobody wants to deal with that.

Gotta love the intraweb JB. Did I tell you guys that I look like Brad Pitt, have the swing of Els, not a ounce of fat on me, I dont work, sit at home, drive fancy cars and anything else you can think of......

in my own mind.

After 4 days off work with pay, including the weekend, made it 6 days total and now its back to work. I enjoyed not going to work and getting paid!!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I look like the elephant man....so yin and yang

Gotta love the intraweb JB. Did I tell you guys that I look like Brad Pitt, have the swing of Els, not a ounce of fat on me, I dont work, sit at home, drive fancy cars and anything else you can think of......

in my own mind.

Why do people feel the need to give unsolicited advise on raising a child? Ugh, it annoys me to no end. No, I don't care if you say your baby slept all night from the time he born. First of all, you are probably not telling the truth, and if you are, it doesn't matter anyway. No two people are the same. And yes, I am protective of him because he is seven months old!

Also, everybody thinks that I should leave him with a babysitter every Friday night so I can go hang out at bars with them. I spent the last ten years of my life hanging out at bars. I like to spend time with my family. I like to get out of the house too, but if my schedule doesn't fit with yours I don't really care. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sorry about that. Just needed to get it out.:act-up:

Hawk - My boss' husband is terminally ill. She was telling me this morning that everyone keeps telling her stories about people with cancer who all died. She compared it to the people who tell you horror stories when you're pregnant and after the children are born. I think it's two things - misery loves company and people like to push others down to make themselves feel good.

Why do people feel the need to give unsolicited advise on raising a child? Ugh, it annoys me to no end. No, I don't care if you say your baby slept all night from the time he born. First of all, you are probably not telling the truth, and if you are, it doesn't matter anyway. No two people are the same. And yes, I am protective of him because he is seven months old!

Also, everybody thinks that I should leave him with a babysitter every Friday night so I can go hang out at bars with them. I spent the last ten years of my life hanging out at bars. I like to spend time with my family. I like to get out of the house too, but if my schedule doesn't fit with yours I don't really care. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sorry about that. Just needed to get it out.:act-up:

We must know all the same people... :banghead:

I think you are right Diane. Most of these people are at my work and I think I figured out a good solution.

Them: "How's your son?"
Me: "He's fine, thanks."

I used to talk to them more about him (like parents love to do), but I don't think I will do that anymore.

Hawk - My boss' husband is terminally ill. She was telling me this morning that everyone keeps telling her stories about people with cancer who all died. She compared it to the people who tell you horror stories when you're pregnant and after the children are born. I think it's two things - misery loves company and people like to push others down to make themselves feel good.

It could be that people are trying to be empathetic, but it comes out poorly. I watched my Dad deteriorate until he was a skeleton. My Mother's extended illness was no picnic, either. While both were terrible situations to endure, they were also learning experiences at the same time. There are times when I've reached out to others, even right here on this site, to share what I learned. I never considered that I did it because misery loves company or because I like to push others down.

That's a cynical way of looking at things. I prefer to think that most people are generally interested in offering people advice that might be helpful, and could possibly ease their pain. I could be wrong, I guess. I have been once or twice before.

Kevin

For the umpteenth year in a row....Philadelphia has the highest obesity rate of the 10 largest US cities. Not sure why....cheesesteaks, soft pretzels, crab fries, etc all eaten in normal sized portions of course.

For the umpteenth year in a row....Philadelphia has the highest obesity rate of the 10 largest US cities. Not sure why....cheesesteaks, soft pretzels, crab fries, etc all eaten in normal sized portions of course.

Crabs fries, eh? Those sound delicious!

French fries deep fried to a crisp and then covered in Old Bay....delish but have a lot of beer or water nearby because you'll feel parched after eating them
Crabs fries, eh? Those sound delicious!

It could be that people are trying to be empathetic, but it comes out poorly. I watched my Dad deteriorate until he was a skeleton. My Mother's extended illness was no picnic, either. While both were terrible situations to endure, they were also learning experiences at the same time. There are times when I've reached out to others, even right here on this site, to share what I learned. I never considered that I did it because misery loves company or because I like to push others down.

That's a cynical way of looking at things. I prefer to think that most people are generally interested in offering people advice that might be helpful, and could possibly ease their pain. I could be wrong, I guess. I have been once or twice before.

Kevin

I'm sure you're right about some people, but you should hear what people have said to my boss. They are the comments of self-absorbed people who think the world revolves around them. Right now - she doesn't want to hear about what others have gone through. She needs compassion and support.

I'm sure you're right about some people, but you should hear what people have said to my boss. They are the comments of self-absorbed people who think the world revolves around them. Right now - she doesn't want to hear about what others have gone through. She needs compassion and support.

I guess people are different in CT. My family and I experienced nothing like that.

Kevin

That just made me laugh. This same person got banned, came back as someone else, came back and made an apology, was allowed back and got banned again. This same person was the 1st one to come on and complain about rep every single day, yet was the person that gave it out more than any other on the entire forum. If you are so unhappy with the way this board is run, and get banned twice due to dozens of complaints, just take it elsewhere, its not worth the hassle. We never want to ban anybody, and think we are pretty tame in that regard, but really? Its an internet forum, and nobody wants to deal with that.

We are talking about the same person who would ask for advice and then ignore it when people would give it to him. I wouldnt lose any sleep over it JB, the guy was a moron.

My official rant today is unsolicited calls from charities. I am on the DO NOT CALL list but evidently it does not extend to charities. I finally told one of them last night (after the 5th call in 7 days) that I wanted off their %$#&^@ list permanently and if he couldn't do it, I wanted his supervisor. Enough already. Also, the Do Not Call list does not cover companies from Mexico that call me in spanish! I don't even speak spanish except for "Adios". Jeez!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back