What is your miss?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
When you miss, what is the miss? Do you have a tendency to slice? Hook? Fat? Thin? What is your biggest issue with ball striking?

Well, used to be a slice, but fixed that. Now, it's a slight hook off the driver when not straight. Off the irons, sometimes still a push. Havent been struggling with fat or thin shots lately...

Usually my miss will be to the right. It varies a lot between fat and thin depending on the day.

I have a huuuge hook right now!! I know what I'm doing too I just keep forgetting to fix it when I swing.

Basically, because of baseball, my natural swing was a HUGE, BANANA slice.
I fixed that and started hitting a draw.
After my 6 month break I had my slice back.
I just recently learned how to hit a draw again.

To be honest, at the moment, my only miss is "long". For some reason I'm hitting all of my clubs 2 clubs strong, and it's killing my score. (I'm hitting my 50* wedge 120 instead of 100, 8i 165 instead of 150, etc.)

In terms of ballstriking, thin. I have a tendency to skull shots.

My miss is usually a push.

slice waaaaaay right at times with the driver

The occassional toe hit w/ the irons.

A push-fade w/ the driver and the longer clubs in the bag.

I always miss with a powerful power fade or slice as some would call it.

Big hook. Get quick with the hands and flip it WAY left.

Slice on the driver. Too over the top and I have baseball to thank for that.
Thin on the irons. I'm a narcissist when it comes to my iron shots so I tend to stand up too quickly and bam worm burner express.

I used to really fight a slice which I assumed was because I kept coming over the top... after some time doing the diamond drill and watching a launch monitor I have fixed most of my outside-in tendencies. I have lost the big slice but I still have a very noticeable fade on my long irons (meaning I am still doing something wrong :( ).

A couple days ago someone smarter than I fixed a flaw in my address (way to much knee bend, not enough hip bend) and it still feels pretty uncomfortable. My low-mid irons are playing like a dream (best they have ever played) but otherwise I cant do anything but hit it fat or dead right (like... hit the wood stall on the range). Also, my woods have gone from being my only consistent clubs to being so erratic I am honestly afraid to play on sunday. I know my new posture is to blame but I also know I need to work with my new posture because it will make me better in the long run...

This is going to be an ugly weekend for my golf game (scorecard and ego)

Last edited:
I tend to work the ball both ways, so my miss is to overcook either one and hit big hooks or big slices when what I wanted was to move it 5 yards.

i tend to fade it or a small slice, i have a small swing impediment which i am trying to eradicate, but sometimes the ball goes directly left if i over do the impediment correction.

My miss is always left a big hook...........

Pushes/slices with the woods, fat on occasion with the irons.

When I miss with the irons, it's almost always hitting it fat. (Although I did hit a doozy of a shank last weekend...)

For my driver, I was starting to push it at the end of last year, so I've corrected that, but now I occasionally pull it. Just have to pay attention to set up (ball position) and weight shift.

right everything goes right. I have started to just aim more left in order to make my shots go straighter because they will really go right.

My miss is a hook/pull. Esp with the driver, when I over swing it is a pull hook, which isn't good. Irons aren't too bad, but I'd have to say if anything my miss with those would be hitting it fat. I "chilli-dip" a lot of chips :(

right everything goes right. I have started to just aim more left in order to make my shots go straighter because they will really go right.

I used to do that when I was younger. The funny part was, I'd just manage to hit it even further right than normal and still ended up in the same place. :beat-up:

Left of target on full shots that I have overcooked (hook)..... From 120 in,,, it's the chunky monkey caused by ball position. I come up short of the green if I don't play it farther back in my stance and therefore the ball is not compressed. Just a soft pop fly short of it's goal. So easy to fix, however the ball position creeps up in my stance if I am not focused on the job.....

I have plenty of misses.

With the driver I have a moderate fade to a slight draw because I can't get my wrists figured out yet.

My iron and wedge shots are usually fat when I try to swing too hard or thin when I want to lay up and try some finesse. Most of my iron shots are from the center to the toe of the clubface and causes a push or slight fade.

My miss with any club in the bag is going to be HIGH and right. I will get stuck from time to time and hit a very high block. Fun to watch leave never fun to play from where it ends up.

My miss is usually a push or a flat-out slice.

-JP

Back