Verizon Heritage 2010 [Spoilers]

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This one kicks off this week and was won last year by Brian Gay. Who do you like?

not sure who my pick is this week yet. i love harbour town. i've been there the past two years and it's a fantastic place to watch some golf. somehow i don't think i'll be watching much of it this year.

Anybody have an entry list yet? I poked around a little bit but didn't find anything.

• Admin
i'd like to see ricky barnes win one. he played some good golf at augusta. what's up with this kid in the majors? he shows up, then just kind of teeters around in the other events.

It'll be such a mental break from the drama of the Masters. Kind of like a comedian going on stage after the previous comedian kills the crowd. I'm looking for guys that'll stay hot after the Masters like Ricky Barnes and Trevor Immelman and guys that need a little redemption like Brian Gay, Zach Johnson and Sneds.

Thanks JB, I guess I should have looked at the PGA site to start with. LOL

I'm going to pick Fowler, I apologize in advance to any Rickie fans out there as I've probably doomed him to miss the cut.

Oh and go Letzig!

• Admin
KJ Choi continues his hot play and is lighting up the course today.

KJ Choi continues his hot play and is lighting up the course today.
Sure is... on the KJ topic, I tried to get a Superstroke grip for my putter, but it is too fat to fit into the putter tube on my Sun Mountain golf bag :(

I haven't watched much of John Daly on tour but just saw him now and he is smoking a cigarette. That just seems so classless to do on the course during tournament play. Maybe I just never noticed before and a lot of players do that?

I haven't watched much of John Daly on tour but just saw him now and he is smoking a cigarette. That just seems so classless to do on the course during tournament play. Maybe I just never noticed before and a lot of players do that?

John Daly, classless? Surely you jest! LMAO

Not recently, but I've seen Nick Price many times smoking cigs during tournament play.

Not recently, but I've seen Nick Price many times smoking cigs during tournament play.

Same here. I remember seeing some of the older guys doing it but not recently either. For some reason I am a little surprised he is even allowed to do that.

I really hope Brian Gay gets him game in check tomorrow because so far today isn't looking so good.

Can I call it right now?

Mike Weir: Good first and second round. Third is a blowup.

Sure is... on the KJ topic, I tried to get a Superstroke grip for my putter, but it is too fat to fit into the putter tube on my Sun Mountain golf bag :(

Years ago I had a similar grip on my putter; it was pretty effective, but my 'buds' kept calling it "the dildo", and I eventually went on to other grips....

(Can one say dildo here?)

Years ago I had a similar grip on my putter; it was pretty effective, but my 'buds' kept calling it "the dildo", and I eventually went on to other grips....

haha. (Not sure)

Anyway. Nice to see K.J. fire a nice opening round.

To the grip. I've always kind of wondered how effective they would be. I guess I've never given them much thought or had any intention to try them.

Didn't Angel Cabrera puff on some ciggas when he won at Oakmont?

It's fine. We try to keep it pretty family friendly but I think that's fine. You just telling a story.

At the Masters Fred Couples put off the rack irons into his bag which is a rare case for him. They are clearly working. Well now we just got word that a guy that virtually NEVER plays off the rack irons just put the J38 Dual Pocket Cavity into his bag as well. Charles Howell III just did the same thing. I know when we tested them for our 1st issue of the magazine, we were thrilled, and apparently the guys on tour feel the same way. Off the Rack for either one of these guys is not something you normally see.

Actually JB, to clarify, CHIII is using off-the-rack version of the J38 Cavity Backs, not the dual pocket. J38 CBs are the first ever irons to feature a magnesium insert in the clubhead for a vibration dampening effect that creates a smoother energy transfer and better feel. Pretty cool to have two players who are very specific about their sticks playing off-the-rack tho.

Re: Verizon Heritage 2010 [Spoilers]

Dent said:
Can I call it right now?

Mike Weir: Good first and second round. Third is a blowup.

Dent, he usualy blows up on Sunday lol.

Apparently on tour now, if you blowup on Sunday, they call it 'pulling a Canadian.'

Nice to see Daly make another cut. What is that 3 or 4 in a row? Baby steps, now I wish Duval would do the same thing.

This tourny is a lot of fun for me, lots of my favs doing well - Donald, Villegas, even Freddie Jacobson shot 6-under today.
It should be a wild finish tomorrow. I'm hoping for about a ten-man playoff.

Back