THP's Thank You - FL Outing

The next one will also be in FL, but at a different location.

Just do not do it when it is all humid and crappy there... I remember visiting my Aunt in West Palm Beach during the humid time and it sucked!!!!

West palm beach weather is not really the same as weather throughout the state. Each area has different conditions. That is on the Atlantic ocean. We cannot control that obviously, nor the weather, but we are aiming for a time of year that is good for most.

Just do not do it when it is all humid and crappy there... I remember visiting my Aunt in West Palm Beach during the humid time and it sucked!!!!

Nope we will have this one in fall so the weather will be great and all those up north who can't play anymore can come down here and play. We are trying to work out some great deals.

Re: THP's Thank You - FL Outing

JB said:
We had over 20 forum members here and we think that they will tell you it was worth the travel. We hope the next one lives up to it and possibly passes it.

It was completely worth it IMO and will be doing it again. Minus the vodka though

We had over 20 forum members here and we think that they will tell you it was worth the travel. We hope the next one lives up to it and possibly passes it.

It was completely worth it IMO and will be doing it again. Minus the vodka though

+1.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

GolferGal said:
Nope we will have this one in fall so the weather will be great and all those up north who can't play anymore can come down here and play. We are trying to work out some great deals.

When you say fall? You mean like sept? Or November? Anything but October!!!!!

All we are going to say now is Fall. We are working hard on something special for everybody.

Just let me know if you need any help JB & GG.

As everyone can tell the first THP Outing was an outstanding event. It was a cross between a golfers buddy trip, a good family reunion and a laid back weekend chilling out with Jimmy Buffet in Key West. The golfers buddy trip because we got a chance to do what we all love; a good family reunion because you felt like you knew everyone all your lives; and a chilled out weekend in Key West becasue everybody was just laid back in comfortable environment with zero deadlines or meetings.

Just a quick note to say that we all got together and bought a large amount of powerball tickets. Sorry to say that we are not winners. The lady at Publix when we gave them to her to check got wide eyed because we had so many.

Just a quick note to say that we all got together and bought a large amount of powerball tickets. Sorry to say that we are not winners. The lady at Publix when we gave them to her to check got wide eyed because we had so many.

am i sure i can trust you?

Quick question. I met a few forum members (different forum) for drinks one time. No matter how many times we told each other our real names we still wound up calling each other by our usernames. Did you guys run into the same thing?

As everyone can tell the first THP Outing was an outstanding event. It was a cross between a golfers buddy trip, a good family reunion and a laid back weekend chilling out with Jimmy Buffet in Key West. The golfers buddy trip because we got a chance to do what we all love; a good family reunion because you felt like you knew everyone all your lives; and a chilled out weekend in Key West becasue everybody was just laid back in comfortable environment with zero deadlines or meetings.

keith, i wouldn't know how to describe it any other way, except that maybe it was a m.f.g.w (w = weekend)

Quick question. I met a few forum members (different forum) for drinks one time. No matter how many times we told each other our real names we still wound up calling each other by our usernames. Did you guys run into the same thing?

excellent question mytime. for the most part i did refer to everyone by their usernames. i struggled with JB and GG. one minute i was calling them by username, then by real name, but they were sports about it. JB liked to be referred to as Mr. Babbitt though.

am i sure i can trust you?

No, but you can GG, and she was there. Im pretty sure had we won 252 million, I would not bother coming back to answer it...hehe.

Most of the time we used real names except they all called me JB. And TC, it should have been Sir...haha

No, but you can GG, and she was there. Im pretty sure had we won 252 million, I would not bother coming back to answer it...hehe.
Most of the time we used real names except they all called me JB. And TC, it should have been Sir...haha

I checked too TC and no one won so the drawing on Wednesday is I think $280 million. I'll just have to end up buying golf courses for everyone after Wednesday then. :D
I bounced around using user and real names. The hardest real name to remember from his user name was a tie between Kevin, Keith, and Seth.

This Just In
We are going to be doing it again THIS YEAR. An announcement will be coming soon! We will make sure that we try our best to outdo ourselves from this one.

Sounds like a great time was had by all.....
I sure hope that I can make the next one.....

Haha JB, I hit the hell out of that that launch monitor.

I freeking loved everybody there. I had a great time hanging out with Spank, TC, Thanks and Kevin till early in the morning.

keith, i wouldn't know how to describe it any other way, except that maybe it was a m.f.g.w (w = weekend)

Amen brother, I believe that is what I will remember it as MFGW.

To be honest, once we got past introductions (which did seem a bit odd), I think most everyone was on a real name basis.

My favorite part of the weekend was how "normal" everyone was. Particularly since the internet was involved, to a person, this was a group of guys I would feel comfortable shooting a round with anytime, anyplace. I agree with Keith, that to me, this trip changed from a internet meet-up to a buddies golf trip very quick. Now, I've just got to figure out how to save money off to the side so I can make it back to another one soon.

On the otherside, now that I know so many of you guys, I am having even more fun reading the message board. I have laughed hard at several of the jabs today because I know you guys and get everyones personality and senses of humor more. Plus knowing some of the underlying jokes doesn't hurt either.

Same here TC and AD; it was a m.f.g.w.

I am having even more fun reading the posts, especially since I know the people now. AD is exactly right, because knowing someone you do do become more interested in what they have to say. Dont get me wrong, the people I have not yet met are still quite interesting, but after you make it to an outing you will see exactly what we mean.

Spank818 – That may be in fact the shortest putter I have ever seen.

JB, it's not about how short it is, it's how you stroke it.

Amen brother, I believe that is what I will remember it as MFGW.

To be honest, once we got past introductions (which did seem a bit odd), I think most everyone was on a real name basis.

My favorite part of the weekend was how "normal" everyone was. Particularly since the internet was involved, to a person, this was a group of guys I would feel comfortable shooting a round with anytime, anyplace. I agree with Keith, that to me, this trip changed from a internet meet-up to a buddies golf trip very quick. Now, I've just got to figure out how to save money off to the side so I can make it back to another one soon.

On the otherside, now that I know so many of you guys, I am having even more fun reading the message board. I have laughed hard at several of the jabs today because I know you guys and get everyones personality and senses of humor more. Plus knowing some of the underlying jokes doesn't hurt either.

It's so hard to call you ad. It does help things when you got a bunch of goofballs getting together (the alcohol helps too... to a degree). It's pretty easy to get us, ad... if you see something posted, just think what would Beavis & Butthead say and bam, there it is.

Same here TC and AD; it was a m.f.g.w.

I am having even more fun reading the posts, especially since I know the people now. AD is exactly right, because knowing someone you do do become more interested in what they have to say. Dont get me wrong, the people I have not yet met are still quite interesting, but after you make it to an outing you will see exactly what we mean.

+1

It's going to be weird because we're all talking like it's an inside joke. All I have to say about that is... good. Hopefully, some of these guys and gals will come out to play next time and then we can talk some more with a larger "circle of trust".

All I have to say is...

+1

:laughing:

Back