THP FL Demo Day Feedback

No worries - funny thing is that my bag is black and the wife's bag is red. So the 2 colors are perfect!

HOLY COW - My order just shipped! Talk about fast! 1 hour and 10 minutes from order to shipping is some sort of new record.

I can't wait to use them!

You'll love these towels. Best golf towel ever.

Re: THP FL Demo Day Feedback

rbelbin said:
HOLY COW - My order just shipped! Talk about fast! 1 hour and 10 minutes from order to shipping is some sort of new record.

I can't wait to use them!
You won't be disappointed Belbin! Surprise of the whole Outing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a little late, but here the feedback on the clubs and other goodies:

OnPar GPS - GPS Unit: tcalloway1 was using this the entire round on Saturday and this device is a gem. You can measure to any point on the course and it helped with shot placements off the tee since there were so many blind shots at Sarasota National. I would consider purchasing this device if I was in the market.

Evolve Golf - THP Logo Golf Tees: I've used these in the past and I really enjoy them. They are very durable and during the outing I snapped off one of the heads which I've never done before. I think they are using a new more rigid material on the tees from the ones I have owned in the past. I like the new material because It's easier to set into the ground and they don't bend and get deformed like some the ones in the past.

Taylormade Golf - Equipment: I hit the Superfast and I fell in love with this club. If you are looking for a long driver, please give this one a look. Out of all the drivers I hit, this was the longest for me. I am trying to put one in my bag as we speak.

I tried the XFT wedges and this is a very well made product. The are very solid and if I did not like my Cleveland's so much, I would consider switching to these.

Cleveland Classics - ApparelThanks to Cleveland Classics for supplying us with shirts for the outing. These are well made and the patterns are great. I also won a pair of shorts for the caption this contest and they are some of the nicest shorts I have ever owned.

I also dropped the manufacturer's card at the pro shop at my club in hopes of being able to purchase more of their clothing right from my club.

SeeMore Putters - Equipment: I've never hit these for more than a minute at the golf store, so it was a real treat to give several models a full workout. These are very solid putters and some of the best manufacturing I've seen. I'm shocked more tour players do not use these.

Also, if anyone has any questions about Seemore, drop Keith a line...I think he secretly owns stock or is a silent partner/inventor/developer.

Pukka Hats - Hats: I love fitted hats and this is seriously one of the most comfortable hats I've ever owned.

Bushnell - GPS & Rangefinder: I did not use any of the new models at the outing, but I already own an older model, so I am a fan of these.

Scratch Golf - Equipment: I hit some of the wedges that were out there and they weren't for me. I heard some of the testers liked them, so I think I am in the minority.

Nike Golf - Equipment: I got a chance to hit the VR and the Machspeed and these are still some of my favorite Nike drivers they have put out. Very solid and hot faces and extremely well made.

Bettinardi Golf - Putters: Bettinardi outdid themselves with what they sent out for us to test. These putters have the best milling I have ever seen and are true works of art that are a joy to putt with.

Cleveland Golf - Equipment: I just bought a set of BP Tours and I will soon have all 3 wedges in my bag...huge fan of their irons and wedges.

Spotless Swing Towel: Of all the products out there, this is one of favorites and I cannot wait to get more use out of it on the course. I've also taken their card to my pro shop in hopes of getting them here locally.

knetgolf - Golf balls: I was a little leery of these when I heard refurbished balls were being supplied. I've purchased these in the past from a different supplier and they were junk. These balls were not and I would consider purchasing balls from them in the future. I realize we had mint balls sent to us, but these looked brand new.

Callaway Golf - Equipment: Got to hit some of their wedges and they are very solid. I am a fan of their drivers and own two at the moment.

PING - Equipment: I hit the new i15 irons and these are very nice irons. I've never been a Ping iron fan, but these have changed my mind.

I am a big fan of their new drivers and I they rank right up there with my favorites.

Thanks again to all of the manufacturers and companies that supplied equipment for us to not only test but take home as well.

Many thanks go out to JB and GolferGal for unselfishly providing this memorable weekend for us to enjoy.

I can;t wait until the next one!

nice biggsy! i have no doubt that your next signature update will include the superfast driver and hopefully an Onpar. it was a pleasure, can't wait to tee it up with you again.

Another quick note about the Cleveland Classics shirt. I'm wearing this at work today and loving it. The pattern is great and I don't have sweaty pits. Yay! (for me and everyone else)

hawk308 said:
Another quick note about the Cleveland Classics shirt. I'm wearing this at work today and loving it. The pattern is great and I don't have sweaty pits. Yay! (for me and everyone else)

I can see clevelands new slogan being 'wear our shirts and you won't have sweaty pits!'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleveland has to be happy with the majority of us having their shirts gaming their clubs and you should see how many of us were gaming those srixon tour yellows.

OH yeah? What did it say? That is really cool.

i'm pretty curious about that as well.

setho, did you use the towel at all? i didn't, i've got it on my bag for this weekend.

setho, did you use the towel at all? i didn't, i've got it on my bag for this weekend.

I have not used it. Like an idiot, I forgot to put it on my bag during the outing. I am wearing my Cleveland shirt during the GA outing as well as gaming the towell. Oh, I also have some Z StarX balls I will be trying out.

I have not used it. Like an idiot, I forgot to put it on my bag during the outing. I am wearing my Cleveland shirt during the GA outing as well as gaming the towell. Oh, I also have some Z StarX balls I will be trying out.

i did the same exact thing, walked the gift bag to the car and forgot the damn towel. i can't wait to use it though. i'll be sure to leave my cleveland shirt and pukka hat at home. we'd look like mut and jeff if we showed up in the same outfit.

i did the same exact thing, walked the gift bag to the car and forgot the damn towel. i can't wait to use it though. i'll be sure to leave my cleveland shirt and pukka hat at home. we'd look like mut and jeff if we showed up in the same outfit.

I think ya'll kind of look like Mut & Jeff anyway :eek:) !

Here you go - he also sent me an email when it was shipped (about 1 hour after placing order):

Hi Damon,

Thank you in advance for your Spotless Swing purchase. We are new to the golf industry and we hoped that the Hacker's Paradise Golf Outing would help to promote Spotless Swing. The reviews have been great to read.

Thanks again for your support.

Kind regards,

Scott Salzman

awesome stuff, thanks for sharing. how cool is that?

can't get any cooler than that!

That is awesome. These guys should sell a ton. Good to get behind a company that treats customers like that. Kudos Spotless Swing!

That is awesome. These guys should sell a ton. Good to get behind a company that treats customers like that. Kudos Spotless Swing!

+1! I love the towel. And if anyone looked at my bag, I already had 3 others hanging off it (I like towels!) with my Teach-N-Towel taken off. The Spotless Swing Towel was the only one I used for the clubs the entire time, just a great product. I rarely had to bother with the club brush, it did a great job getting all the mud off my clubs after I was done digging furrows in the course. :beat-up:

+1! I love the towel. And if anyone looked at my bag, I already had 3 others hanging off it (I like towels!) with my Teach-N-Towel taken off. The Spotless Swing Towel was the only one I used for the clubs the entire time, just a great product. I rarely had to bother with the club brush, it did a great job getting all the mud off my clubs after I was done digging furrows in the course. :beat-up:

It looked like you were using your shirt as a towel on Sunday. :D

Here is my summary for the gear that I hit at the THP Outing......

Drivers: I tried the TM Superfast, Nike Victory Red Str8fit, TM R9 Supertri, Fourteen JC-909, Callaway FT-iz. Ping G15, and Nike Machspeed

1) TaylorMade R9 SuperTri - Consistently long club that had great sound and feel to it. I thought the overall exterior design of the driver was the best of the bunch. Gamed it for 1/2 a round with mixed results.
2) Taylormade Superfast- The ball really flew when I got a hold of it but that was rare. I thought the shaft was a little too long for me and the head shape of the driver wasn't pleasing to me.
3) Nike VR Str8fit Tour- Really long club with a hot face and sweet sound. Great, classic head shape. I didn't need to tinker much with the settings to get dialed in. Liked the quality of the stock Aldila VooDoo shaft as well. Gamed it for a round and a half and loved the results so much I bought it. Definitely was surprised at how well I hit it.
4) Nike Machspeed- Long and forgiving club but the sound bothered me more than I thought it would. Loved the square shape and was impressed with the feel of the 'bigger' UST AXIV shaft. I was a little disappointed with the overall results of this stick. If I had to pick a driver that I thought I would have loved it would have been this.
5) Ping G15- Really long, solid club. A little too 'harsh' at impact for me and it seemed like I always leaked it right for some reason. The most traditional looking driver at set up by far.
6) Callaway FT-iz- Oddest looking of the whole lot, tried to like the triangle head but wasn't feeling it. The overall performance I thought was lacking compared to other Callaway drivers I've hit this year (Diablo Edge, FT-Tour).
7) Fourteen JC-909- The longest club BY FAR (also the most expensive at $700). Great feeling and had a clean, unique look. The sound was rather muted considering the distance I was getting. I wasn't overly familiar with this brand but the first impression had me coming back to hit it again and again to see how far I could really hit it. Truly a 'POW' driver!

Irons: I tried the Cleveland CG7 Black Pearls , Ping G15, and the Taylormade R9 - these were my thoughts:

1) Cleveland CG7 BP's- I really liked the feeling of these. The laser milled grooves worked really well as you could even see the range balls dancing. Oh and I normally don't spin the ball.....ever. Definitely more forgiving than I thought they'd be.
2) Ping G15- Loved the matte finish of these sticks. Absolutely the hardest, harshest irons I've ever hit which translated into minimal if any feedback on shots. Higher launching than I expected though.
3) Taylormade R9- Totally surprised at how well I hit these. Super aggressive and clean at address and inspired confidence with every swing. Way more forgiving than I expected and easily a full club longer than my current set. "Pured" a lot of shots with these and always went where I aimed. These are on my short list should I want to upgrade my irons at the end of the year.

Wedges:I had a go of it with the Callaway JAWS, Taylormade XFT, Cleveland CG15, Mizuno MPT-10, and Scratch

1) Callaway JAWS- Awesome weighting and feel with these. You could almost feel the grooves 'biting' the ball. The balls were definitely leaving remains of their covers in the grooves after some aggressive shots. On my short list for when I replace my wedges at the end of the year.
2) Taylormade XFT- Finished in my Top 3. Good feel and great concept with the interchangeable face plate. Was surprised at the flush fit of the face plate itself. Didn't seem to be able to open the face as well as the other wedges though.
3) Cleveland CG15- Best looking and performing of the wedges that I hit. Every shot was smooth and feedback was immediate. Even misses were still manageable. I played with at least one person each day who had these and when paired with the right ball, the performance spoke for itself. One, two, fffft. on every approach shot. Also on my short list as a replacement candidate.
4) Scratch- I couldn't do much these at all. I didn't experience the great feeling that others have talked about with this brand. Very forgettable experience I must say.
5) Mizuno MPT-10- Good performance overall but lacking compared to Cleveland and Callaway. One of the best feeling wedges but the smaller head took getting used to which I never seemed totally comfortable with. Kind of expected more from Mizzy as I've always been a fan.

Putters: Rolled the Gel and the secret SeeMore mallet putter at casa de THP

1) Gel- Great soft and tacky grip, good little 'pop' off the insert. Definitely a different animal that I could get used to if I had more time to hit it.
2) SeeMore 'secret mallet'- If I'm right I don't think it's been released yet so it was a treat to hit. I'm not a mallet guy but I think I could get used to it. The whole RST (Rifle Scope Technology) thing is no joke! If you have trouble aligning the putter to your target line, invest in a SeeMore.

Gift Bag Brands:

KnetGolf - I don't know what 'grade' of balls they sent over but the Nike One Tours I had were pristine .
Cleveland Classics - Beautiful shirt. I got the plain white one with 'shoulder vents' that ran across your back for breathability. guys, ever wear a performance golf shirt and it just didn't sit right on your waist after tucking it in? Well that didn't happen with this shirt at all. The flight attendant on my flight home even commented on it. Since she was easy on the eyes and fun to talk to, I'm giving props to the shirt vs. my people skills.
Epoch Tees -Didn't use them but I'm excited to try them out after seeing others reviews.
Spotless Swing Towels - Best.towel.ever Clever design and very functional. Put it on my bag the minute I got it and it's not coming off anytime soon. Jellyfish looking or not....
Pukka Hat - A little 'poofy' but definitely comfortable. Didn't even feel like I had a hat on considering I wore it for 10 hours or so.
Chromax - I can't put a mini-disco ball in play but they're a great conversation piece at the office!

Thank you to all the companies mentioned here and those that weren't for sending gear to play with. I wish I could've hit everything but there was 'real' golf to play as well.

Back