Georgia Golf Outting Pictures

OK. so i am back home after a wonderful weekend with some thp'ers. we played a lot of golf on friday which was great b/c we played very little on saturday. we got rained out after 7 holes and it just stormed like you wouldn't believe. it worked out well though b/c we had a large supply of miller lite, a gorgeous cabin way up on a mountain, a ping pong table, an air hockey table, a 60'' flat screen tv, poker chips, and some of the finest company in the world.

here's just a little rundown of my experiences:

Friday am (butternut creek): after meeting everyone in the parking lot, catching up with keith and setho it was off. i played with keith and gray golf friday morning and had a blast. it took all of us a couple of holes to get warmed up but here's just a few things i took out of that round:

1. keith and gray might be two of the nicest people you'll ever meet.
2. old gray hits a draw just like he said, and he hits the ball a ton off the tee for a senior.
3. keith might have the most beautiful putting stoke i've witnessed, but then again he should b/c the man has some serious putter.
4. many of you guys might not know this but keith's only been playing golf for 2 years and i must say that i am impressed. he is a very good ball stiker to be this young in a golfing career.
5. gray golf likes to drink beer while he's golfing, haha.

it was a hell of a morning with these guys. we talked a lot (imagine that), we laughed a lot and we saw some wonderful golf shots from all of us.

Friday pm (Old Union): we couldn't pass up on the opportunity to play this stunningly beautiful golf course that afternoon. my uncle, who's the super at butternut, made a phone call and got us a great rate for 18 more holes.

I played with gray golf, his buddy danny, and uncle daddy (my dad). old union is the 2nd longest golf course in the state of georgia and the rough there is just plain ridiculous. it's thick, it's penal and you're lucky if you find your ball. the course is in great shape and is set among the foothills of the great smoky mountains. you almost felt alone out there.

highlights from this round was my 2nd shot into the par 5 10th. i hit a great drive but my ball rolled through the dogleg and was sitting up in this rough that is about 6-8'' deep. i decided to hit a 3 wood, the ball was above my feet so i aimed a little left hoping that the slope would draw the ball into the fairway for me (i'm a lefty). i took a big swipe at it and hit the most beautiful, mickelson-esque flop shot you've ever seen. the club head literally went under the ball, launching it a good 50 yards high and about 20 yards in front of me into a bunker. it was classic! old gray golf lost it. he was giving me a hard time. i proceeded to double the hole and he tripled it, then he tripled the next one and one more. he looked at me and said he'd never give anyone grief like that again!!!! it was too funny.

Saturday am (Old Union): well on saturday i played with Setho, bama, and one of setho's friends, rick. i've been looking forward to playing with setho for a while now. this was our second outing in 2 weeks and we had yet to tee it up together. it was really overcast, windy and we all were waiting for the rain but we went ahead anyway. we played 7 holes before being told to leave due to thunder and lightning.

i rode with bama and i have to say that he his hilarious. he's your typical 5'4'' dude, that also happened to be in the army, he's a fireball! he's funny, loud, and doesn't mind telling you how it is. one of my favorite interactions from bama: i say, "bama, beer me" and he simply replies, "i'm not your beer b*tch"!! he's also a ping pong shark and i refused to play against him after a couple of drubbings.

we had an awesome steak dinner in the cabin saturday night and i wish i could do this every weekend. it was great meeting some new guys and it was great being able to have this time with my dad and my brother.

at last, here's some more pics:

Setho, hitting out of that gnarly rough at old union:

100_1081.jpg

Bama, with a "pucker" shot into the vicious par 5, #3

100_1082.jpg

Here's my favorite pic from the weekend. note the score that gray golf (Bill on the card) put up on saturday morning before we got rained out!!!!!!! he's gonna be so pissed that i put this on here, but it also shows you just how much fun this group of guys was.

100_1083.jpg

here was our humble abode for the weekend.

willfoster

the main floor living room in the cabin.

100_1088.jpg

setho, being setho

100_1089.jpg

old gray golf, drowning his sorrows after putting that "ugly" on the scorecard, haha!!!

100_1090.jpg

here's Bama, just proving that little fellas can't drink with the big one (i know that i'll regret saying this once he starts posting his pics):

100_1091.jpg

setho playing ping pong. by far my favorite person to play against b/c he's great for your confidence, hehe

100_1092.jpg

Uncle daddy, working on his putting stroke

willfoster

Some of the carnage!

100_1097.jpg

steaks marinated and ready to go on the grill

100_1098.jpg

setho, taking care of his left overs during whilst playing some poker.

100_1100.jpg

Gray taking in the view from the porch before we left this morning.

100_1101.jpg

Great Pics...and stories TC. Sorry I could not stay over for Saturday. But, as you said it was good time all around. That Old Union course is just spectacular and I cant wait to tee it up there again with guys. Or, for that matter, anywhere you guys. This was a BLAST!

Great Pics...and stories TC. Sorry I could not stay over for Saturday. But, as you said it was good time all around. That Old Union course is just spectacular and I cant wait to tee it up there again with guys. Or, for that matter, anywhere you guys. This was a BLAST!

you didn't miss much golf wise on saturday buddy so it worked out for the best, but boy did you miss just a good ol' time. i look forward to many more days on the course with you as well.

Sounds like you guys had a great time up there. The morning picture out over the mountains is gorgeous, what a setting to be playing golf in!

And Gray, nothing wrong with that scorecard in my opinion. Much better than mine would have looked! :beat-up:

Here are a few more pics:

This is a picture of the famous TCalloway1 shot I described in my earlier post. From the tee box it was 302 yards (Par 4) to flag. You can see the water he had to carry. TC's ball landed just about where where the guy in white shirt is standing on green. He then putts to within 3 inches and taps in for birdie. I think he even asked Gray and myself if that was "good". Of course we made him putt for the birdie. :act-up: Mere mortals have to lay up. It was a great shot.

IMG_1463-1.jpg

UncleDaddy....going full extension.

IMG_1466-1.jpg

TC and Gray overlooking the Butternut Creek sign

IMG_1477-1.jpg

Great job Callaway. Love the pics! Gray says he will be posting more later. He's sitting in the recliner eating fudsicles right now. :) He and Danny were so excited about the trip. It's obvious they had a blast. I'm glad Danny didn't have to shoot anyone with his 9mm. :peace: He was amazed at how well everyone hit it off. The thing that I found to be the funniest was that you guys planned a trip to a DRY county.

nice keith! i have to tell you, i'm dreading to see what bama puts up, picture wise. i know that i fell asleep on the couch yesterday afternoon and when i woke up, he just had a huge grin on his face.

we'll do it again soon. and like you, i can't stop talking about how awesome old union was.

Great job Callaway. Love the pics! Gray says he will be posting more later. He's sitting in the recliner eating fudsicles right now. :) He and Danny were so excited about the trip. It's obvious they had a blast. I'm glad Danny didn't have to shoot anyone with his 9mm. :peace: He was amazed at how well everyone hit it off. The thing that I found to be the funniest was that you guys planned a trip to a DRY county.

i didn't know it was DRY!!!! and believe me, no one went thirsty. we had to road trip it into NC. glad gray's home safe and sound. give him a hard time about that scorecard for me.

Hey TC and SethO,

Since we are two for two (two consecutive weekends) on THP golf outings we are going to feel odd not playing next weekend. That is unless some other group is having a get together and we can become the THP Golf Outing Crashers. hehe

So for 6 months all we heard was that he was going to teach you guys how to golf and that everybody would be playing his cobras and that his snakes would run wild and then it happened huh? I kid of course. Glad you guys had fun.

Some seriously beautiful golf right there, but: 5. gray golf likes to drink beer while he's golfing, haha. I never thought there was any other way to play, lol. What's with the dry county? Sounds like Arkansas, hehe.

Glad you had a good time, looks like a big time. 301 yards over the water? I can see it's down hill, but how much wind at your back, lmao. Great stuff there guy's.

Hey TC and SethO,

Since we are two for two (two consecutive weekends) on THP golf outings we are going to feel odd not playing next weekend. That is unless some other group is having a get together and we can become the THP Golf Outing Crashers. hehe

Shoot, we can play next weekend if you want, then all we would be missing is TC.

So for 6 months all we heard was that he was going to teach you guys how to golf and that everybody would be playing his cobras and that his snakes would run wild and then it happened huh? I kid of course. Glad you guys had fun.

to be fair, old gray actually played well on friday morning, but i think he was tired on saturday. he just couldn't hang with the young fellas, haha.

Some seriously beautiful golf right there, but: 5. gray golf likes to drink beer while he's golfing, haha. I never thought there was any other way to play, lol. What's with the dry county? Sounds like Arkansas, hehe.

Glad you had a good time, looks like a big time. 301 yards over the water? I can see it's down hill, but how much wind at your back, lmao. Great stuff there guy's.

duey, it was 302 to carry the water so it was more like 320 to the green. yes, severe elevated tee box, but not a breath of wind to speak of. it was a good shot, i had to do it, i had an audience. honestly, i am a conservative golfer and would've happily laid up any other day.

Shoot, we can play next weekend if you want, then all we would be missing is TC.

i'm out for next weekend fellas. i came home and foster cried when he saw me. that means i've been gone too much.

Just Joshin with you TC. I doubt I could have gotten to the water, let alone over it, lol. Glad it was fun, tell Foster high for me.

I Had an absolute blast! Everybody was so much fun :eek:)... I gonna whup that big butt of Calloway's for posting that beautiful card :eek:)!!! That's ok I tied him the first day (84) when it was pretty,,,, right turkey? :zsimpsons:
(Calloway) :eek:)........... SeeMore was so much fun to play with and what a gentleman! Setho was hilarious and told some seriously funny stories, Bama was TOO funny and seriously should be at Talladaga Speed Way. We were leaving from the partial outing Saturday from the terrible weather and Bama kept riding up on my bumper like Earnhardt! He told me later he knew it was the old man driving so he took it easy on me :skywalker:..... Tha Shanks got to see some of my ugliest golf possible on our short round Saturday! Thank God for the rain huh!!!!! He is a great guy and hits the ball a mile. Old UncleDaddy was ton of fun to play with. I let him try the 56 degree niblick out and he hit it sooooooooooo good I had to cut him a great deal on the club. He is a happy Niblick owner now! My friend DannyBoy had a super time and was actually surprised how great everyone turned out to be :eek:)! He told them when we all walked in the cabin , ok guys I got my 9mm just in case we hear some banjos playing :banana:... I want to think UncleDaddy's brother in law for the serious green fee reductions we all enjoyed. I want to thank Calloway for showing me some beautiful golf shots and that one drive over number 10 was pure GOLD! Beautiful to say the least and the sucker carried the ball 303 yards! He said Biggsby could crush one but my goodnes this was a rocket old Lucas launched!!!
I want to think Danny & Uncle Daddy, Bama for preparing a delicious steak meal! I would like to say an extra thanks to Bama for doing a superb job of cleaning up the kitchen!!!!!!! Many thanks to all the guys for taking great care of a beautiful Cabin on top of old Smokie! You guys rock and I will never forget the great time we had!!!!!!!!

Calloway & Gray Golf

"

Calloway, Tha Shanks, UncleDaddy

Last edited:
Sounds like you guys had a great time up there. The morning picture out over the mountains is gorgeous, what a setting to be playing golf in!

And Gray, nothing wrong with that scorecard in my opinion. Much better than mine would have looked! :beat-up:

It was actually so awful it was funny! I tried to put his big butt in the trash can at the gas station :eek:)...... He grinned and said Gray,,, I am going to have some fun with this card :D....

Tha Shanks, Calloway, & Gray

ThaShanksCallowayGray.jpg

Last edited:

Ask Calloway who gave him a run for his money the first day we played :eek:)............... It was super fun and I know now how much fun you guys had in Florida! I'm coming next time!

Here's my big buddy Calloway strutting his stuff! Man the dude can smack the ball :blob:

Callowayon1stTee.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like a great time.

Thanks for all the pics, looks like it was a great time.

It was so much fun and you have to make one of these outings next time! Shown here are:
DannyBoy, UncleDaddy & Bama. Hard workers and great in the Kitchen :eek:)

DannyUncleDaddyBama.jpg

Sounds like a great time.

mytime it is a blast ! Show is DannyBoy & Gray on the back deck. We got big decks in North Ga!

DannyBill.jpg

Thanks for all the pics, looks like it was a great time.

Tander we had a blast! One of the nicest guys on the planet is SeeMore ! He brought me a SeeMore putter to play around with. Awesome flat stick! SeeMore has only been playing a couple of years but this dude is headed for some serious game! Great guy shown here:

SeeMore & Calloway

KeithCalloway.jpg

UncleDaddy! That's priceless.

Back