Using Groupons: Who does and who hasn't?

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I see Groupons nearly every day at the golf course, but until yesterday, had never bought one. I had signed up a while back and get daily emails from them, but when I saw yesterday's, a $10 BP gift card for $4, I took the plunge. It will get me around 3.2 gallons of gas for $1.25 a gallon based on the pump price of $3.129 a gallon. Not a lot of gas, but I will be getting it anyway, so it was a good deal for me.

Who lives and dies for Groupons and which ones have you purchased? Do you think they are worth it?

I've purchased a couple golf related groupons, mainly ones that allow me to play a nice course at a good fraction of the price.

I have bought meals, usually $10 for $20 of food, I always look at it as getting the tip for free as it is usually a fairly nice restaurant. I have bought some of the items such as chairs and emergency lighting from them.

I use Groupons and the other sites for Golf and Massages, that's pretty much it.

Ive only done golf so far

Done a couple here and there. Just used one this last weekend that I purchased a while ago; $15 for $30 of food at a restaurant.

we've used them and living social deals for a bunch of things. Golf, dinners, skiing, stuff like that. We did one for Dance Lessons too. Do I live and die for them? Nope. But when I see one that's worth it to me I'll usually buy it.

we've used them and living social deals for a bunch of things. Golf, dinners, skiing, stuff like that. We did one for Dance Lessons too. Do I live and die for them? Nope. But when I see one that's worth it to me I'll usually buy it.

We are exactly the same here. Don't live or die by them but if they are good deals and something that we will use, we go for it. Dinners, show tix, golf, etc.

Don't live and die but buy numerous things from restaurant coupons to electronics to photo services to clothing.

The wife is all about the groupons. Great deals on dining out and have even found a few for golf.

For Travel, Golf, or things that are a good deal that we want, we'll pull the trigger on. Have yet to have any issue, which is nice.

We use them from time to time. Typically for things we'd get anyway or to try new restaurants that are running deals. We've found that the places who use Groupon aren't long for this world and have had a few businesses go belly up before we could use them.

We use them for food, especially when we travel to new places. We've had some amazing food finds and I've gotten a couple golf rounds that were decent too. We won't die for it but we do use it when it sounds like a good deal.

I use them to get to new courses that I haven't played, not only saves a few $'s but also forces me to look at courses I normally wouldn't be playing

I buy them. They're worth it.....ESPECIALLY when I get 10% back from my credit card on anything I spent at Groupon.com

I've used them for a few restaurants and some golf, but that's it so far.

I use them, but I feel bad for the merchant because some of the money goes to a useless middleman.

Used it from laptop to golf then dinner. I use it alot for everything.

I use Groupon a bunch - golf, golf lessons, massage, restaurants, food, I picked up a Panini press and my pots and pans from groupon. Sheets, towels, there was a nice deal for sunscreen, K cups for Keurig coffee, etc. Ecco golf shoes, too. Had to return them, they were too big. No issue at all.
I have only been disappointed twice, which is about par for my shopping anyway.

I've used them for airport parking.

Used them more frequently early on but deals seemed to be few and far between lately in my area.

Also let a few purchased ones expire which sucks too.

I've used them for golf and dining, use another website, I think it's called double takes, which has had some great deal on dining.

Used them more frequently early on but deals seemed to be few and far between lately in my area.

Also let a few purchased ones expire which sucks too.

That does suck but at least now they still have to be good for face value of what you spent.

I have used them a few times here in the UK.
Cheap nights away in hotels for me and the good lady wife , usually try and find a nice meal on Groupon for whatever place we are staying too.

Holiday times find activities to take the kids to , zoos , wildlife parks , etc...

have some quite good golf deals as well 18 holes of golf for four £16.....approx $25? cant lose at that price

My local driving range charges 100.00 for 1000 balls. They had a Groupon for 1000 balls for $50.00 and I snapped that thing up quick.

Back