What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you guys are getting pounded by the wind. Doesn't sound like you did too badly in those conditions.

J.L. had a cool clinic today with other middle school kids put on by the State PGA. One of the guys there was David Roesch, a WI pro that once was right near the lead in and ended up 31st in the U.S. Open. While that was going on Mrs. Esox and I hit balls at another part of the range. When it was over we played some twilight golf at a Milwaukee muni where they have a big junior tourney in July. I even took my large self around on foot, and this place is hilly. We had a good early evening. 39 for moi, 47 for Junior Lancer, and a 52 for Mrs. E. She really played well. I had to jab her a couple times with a club to get a rise out of her and make sure it was really her. I thought maybe somebody slipped an impostor into our group.

Kevin

I envy you Kevin. I would love to be able to play golf with my family like you do. Maybe someday with my son, he is only 8y. My 18y dtr wants no part of it and same with the wifey, the other kids are way too young. 4y and under. Keep up with the good stories I always enjoy reading them.

I envy you Kevin. I would love to be able to play golf with my family like you do. Maybe someday with my son, he is only 8y. My 18y dtr wants no part of it and same with the wifey, the other kids are way too young. 4y and under. Keep up with the good stories I always enjoy reading them.

Thanks, man. The last couple years of playing with them have changed my life. I used to really sauce it up on the course, and I haven't had more than 10 beers/drinks total while playing over that period. Even though I'm really out of shape, my game is as good as it's been since I was a young man. I'm really lucky. Get your son started a little bit now if you can. While we hit balls and played a little when she was 8-10, she wasn't ready until 11, and then last year her interest really grew. With a nudge and a wink here and there. Today I could see her about four hundred yards away at this huge range, and it makes me kind of emotional seeing her over there. I can see her confidence, i can recognize her swing, I could even tell how she hit the shot by her reaction.

Not that I was paying attention that closely. LOL. They had a huge turnout for this, and it was great to see her interacting with other kids in a golf setting. She needs that.

Kevin

I was able to pl ay 18 at an executive course yesterday. Love the twilight rates. It was very windy for AZ (Im guessing 10-20 mph) winds which seemed very strong. I shot an 80 (par 62). I had a great day hitting my irons. The practice I have been putting in has paid off. My putting cost me at least 6 strokes yesterday. My goal is 36 putts per round for now. I know its high but I need astarting point! I had 16 putts on the front and 22 on the back. There were a lot of short putts I missed and 4 3-putts/1 4-putt lol. But anyway I did have some nice ones in there so Im hoping to improve. I drove the green on one short par 4. It was 279 out and I had some decent wind to help carry me to the green. I ended up with a birdie. 40 foot putt for my first, 12 for my second lol. I really had a great time and played the best round with irons I have ever played. Been putting in some work. I've been using my chipping and pitching as a starting point and it really has helped my iron game a lot. I hope to shoot an 80 on a longer course one day!

shot an 83 today. 43/40.

Shot a 42 over 9 holes today. Stiff wind off Lake Michigan, but fun nonetheless. Only had 2 GIRs, but had 15 putts... so that almost made up for missing the greens.

Played Sarasota National today with an old friend and it was a long day and windy. Shot 43 on the front as I struggled with my irons and wedges, but on the back played much better as I had 8 pars and a bogey for a 37. It was fun out there today with the big winds trying to keep it low.

Shot 91 today. I had several bad shot wit my driver that cost me 4 strokes and had a triple on one hole. I am soo close to breaking 90 it hurts. That is my goal since I have never done that. Maybe tomorrow.!

Shot 91 today. I had several bad shot wit my driver that cost me 4 strokes and had a triple on one hole. I am soo close to breaking 90 it hurts. That is my goal since I have never done that. Maybe tomorrow.!

I am rooting for you. I think you have it in you tomorrow.

Played Sarasota National today with an old friend and it was a long day and windy. Shot 43 on the front as I struggled with my irons and wedges, but on the back played much better as I had 8 pars and a bogey for a 37. It was fun out there today with the big winds trying to keep it low.

that course would be a LOT tougher with some windy conditions. nice round.

that's great SMG, i know you'll be in the 80's in no time, especially with that putting stroke of yours.

Nice SMG! Lets see a 89 tomorrow!

Thanks everybody!! I will certainly let you know.

thanks for the encouragement Kevin. I too used to drink alot on the course and about 3-4 months ago decided to stop that and see where I could take my game and have steadily improved. I plan on getting my son involved in the game slowly to see how he takes to it. we will hit the range first and go from there. hopefully he enjoys it and we can start to spend some quality time together at the range and eventually on the course.

Thanks, man. The last couple years of playing with them have changed my life. I used to really sauce it up on the course, and I haven't had more than 10 beers/drinks total while playing over that period. Even though I'm really out of shape, my game is as good as it's been since I was a young man. I'm really lucky. Get your son started a little bit now if you can. While we hit balls and played a little when she was 8-10, she wasn't ready until 11, and then last year her interest really grew. With a nudge and a wink here and there. Today I could see her about four hundred yards away at this huge range, and it makes me kind of emotional seeing her over there. I can see her confidence, i can recognize her swing, I could even tell how she hit the shot by her reaction.

Not that I was paying attention that closely. LOL. They had a huge turnout for this, and it was great to see her interacting with other kids in a golf setting. She needs that.

Kevin

you go seemore guy! your getting very close my man! good luck!

played 18 today and had 4 pars and so close to two birdies. ended up with a 96. I too am really hoping to break 90 and soon!

Shot 40-44-40; On the last nine I was even through 7 and went bogey triple to finish with the 40.... I was soooo mad. But I'll certainly take it.

on a side note forgot to mention I had two drives 280 yards plus and 1 drive around 270 straight down the fairway! felt sooooo good and on 2 of those holes made par and just missed birdie on one of em!

played 18 today and had 4 pars and so close to two birdies. ended up with a 96. I too am really hoping to break 90 and soon!

First men's club event this morning. Picked a partner and it was two man full handicap best ball. My partner was in a different group. I had a 42-38. Not too bad. Two doubles in that 42, and I missed about a 16" putt in there, too. We shot -6 which didn't put us in the money. I, however, won two skins in my flight for $5.50 in cash and the same in credit. Since my girls decided to forgo golf in the afternoon with me to go shopping, (typical chicks), I stuck around and they put together two foursomes for a nine hole scramble. Hit the ball pretty well in that aside from a couple chunky mid-irons. Won another $8.00.

Got some distance back today which was a relief. Took some "new guy" hazing which was cool, and they were giving me some crap about buying a drink so I bought a huge handful of drink chips and threw them on the bar. Everyone loved that. Of course then everyone wanted to buy me a drink and I had to explain I wasn't drinking. Fun day, and my game is coming along. Great camaraderie compared to my last home course. Should be a good year.

Kevin

Tomorrow is a one man scramble, but today was a pool tournament, A players and under. Yep I sucked, lol. Out early, summer should be banned from pool.

I am pulling for you too Sunday Hacker. With drives like that you can really shorten a golf course. Sounds like we are in the boat...first one to break 90 buys the ice cold soda pops ( I saw where you gave up the other beverages)

sounds good seemoreguy! but it can be a frosty adult beverage, just after the round for me! :act-up:

Shot a 104 today! Might not sound great, but my goal for the year was to break 100. To put it in perspective, my first rounds at this course this year were in the low 120's. So far my second season has been going pretty good.

The lessons have really paid off and I keep improving every time I go out. I could have easily broke the barrier with some better chipping and putting. Can't wait to get back out there.

You are on buddy! I even hope you pay up before I do :act-up: because that would be you shot lights out.

good stuff hawk keep at man you'll get there before you know it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back