2014 #TheGrandaddy - The Event Of A Lifetime

Spent a decent portion of the morning talking about this event with my local Course owner, and he simply couldn't believe it.

I done some putting, and chipping today, got some work done!

Had a competitive shootout this afternoon. As usual my tee ball on the first was pure garbage
I thought it was OB but I was right up against the fence. I fought back and hung in for 6 holes (it was a 9 hole shootout). I love playing under pressure, I feed off of it and it helps me focus on each shot in front of me. Awesome to see the guys already in this working so hard, hopefully we find out the last member soon (and still dreaming it will be me)

Another weekend of preparations for this event is in the books.

Proud of and happy for the guys on this team as I see them getting together, pushing their own comfort levels, and putting themselves into some pressure situations. 3 members of the team shared a round yesterday with T2GRN18, a #Grandaddy veteran. He shared some great wisdom with them about some of the things they may experience in addition to how they can help to prepare for the event - I can't thank Kevin enough for going out of his way to help these guys prepare.

I think this past weekend was a great opportunity for these guys to look at where their game really is and helps to create a plan to get their games/heads into the best spot possible. I feel like we are going into this as the underdogs and I'm okay with that. The #zoocrew will be putting a very solid team up against us and we know that nothing will be given to us.

6 weeks from today will find us gathering in Southern California to experience the opportunity of a lifetime and I know the weeks will fly by leading up to it. Still hard to believe what we are about to go through.....and I intend to be part of a team that makes THP proud.

The Basement Dwelling Internet Golfers of THP are gonna give the #zoocrew more than they can handle.

Not sure it was "wisdom" dude. But it was a pleasure to join them for a round, relive some of the greatest memories of my golfing life, and life I general. When it's all said and done you'll have bonds of friendship from the entire group including the #zoocrew. I found my self getting a little emotional yesterday when we were talking about some of the things. But I'm an emotion boob anyway. You guys are going to represent Yourselves, each other and THP in a grand way. Do work!

Not sure it was "wisdom" dude. But it was a pleasure to join them for a round, relive some of the greatest memories of my golfing life, and life I general. When it's all said and done you'll have bonds of friendship from the entire group including the #zoocrew. I found my self getting a little emotional yesterday when we were talking about some of the things. But I'm an emotion boob anyway. You guys are going to represent Yourselves, each other and THP in a grand way. Do work!

It was absolutely wisdom dude and I wondered if I saw a tear or two. ;-)

Really enjoyed that round and being able to talk about event with you.

Alot of work to do over the next 6 weeks, and like #Cookie said, we are getting after it. Next 6 weeks are going to fly by and I can't wait to represent myself, my teammates and THP in this event.

Thanks Kevin!
We enjoyed picking your brain!

Thanks for helping us prepare for #TheGrandaddy, I think each of us had a little pressure applied at certain times.
It will help us, make us better teammates.

Thanks!

We will be meeting with the Zoo Crew this week to talk Grandaddy and think you guys will be pretty excited (of course you are already). Now lets work on leaving with the title.

We will be meeting with the Zoo Crew this week to talk Grandaddy and think you guys will be pretty excited (of course you are already). Now lets work on leaving with the title.

Awesome, I'll work on the game and anxiously but patiently await more details!

So excited for you guys!!!

Been working on it since my name was called. Looking forward to a little preview of what is to come with the left coast trip this week.

Last edited:
Cant imagine we will see any zoocrew trash talk or anything like that lol

I hope so. The talk is fantastic.

Been working on it since my name was called. Looking forward to a little preview of what is tom come with the left coast trip this week.

#ExcitementGrammarProblems :alien:

As JB would say......

I would call #zoocrew's trash talk hot garbage but that would be unfair to garbage.

Just over a month away. There is no turning back now. By this point lessons should be complete and club tinkering should be finished.

The last month should be spent focusing on your general fitness and just playing your game! You guys got this!

Just over a month away. There is no turning back now. By this point lessons should be complete and club tinkering should be finished.

The last month should be spent focusing on your general fitness and just playing your game! You guys got this!

So you're telling me that Aaron (Amsmith61) who just got in last week, shouldn't take a lesson?

So you're telling me that Aaron (Amsmith61) who just got in last week, shouldn't take a lesson?
Lol i was thinking the same thing about him and cj

Honestly I wouldn't. At least, not to tweak his swing. If there's something specific he wants to learn about or a specific issue he's having, maybe, but one month is no time to be making any sort of swing change. I really think starting lessons this close to a competition is extremely risky.

Could someone change something simple like ball position or stance width? Maybe, but making any other changes this close would be playing with fire.

I'm sure everyone is different, but that's just my opinion based on my own personal experience.

This wouldn't be the time to do a tear down, that's for sure. Might be good for a tune up or have them work on GSAP.

If they do, they better keep it simple.

Having a bunch of new swing thoughts on your mind won't be great when the pressure starts to build.

One or two thoughts and go. If guys can get one or two really good thoughts, take them to California and run with them.

Honestly I wouldn't. At least, not to tweak his swing. If there's something specific he wants to learn about or a specific issue he's having, maybe, but one month is no time to be making any sort of swing change. I really think starting lessons this close to a competition is extremely risky.

Could someone change something simple like ball position or stance width? Maybe, but making any other changes this close would be playing with fire.

I'm sure everyone is different, but that's just my opinion based on my own personal experience.

This wouldn't be the time to do a tear down, that's for sure. Might be good for a tune up or have them work on GSAP.

If they do, they better keep it simple.

Having a bunch of new swing thoughts on your mind won't be great when the pressure starts to build.

One or two thoughts and go. If guys can get one or two really good thoughts, take them to California and run with them.

I'm not saying completely tear down and rebuild a new swing, but I know how hard I worked for a little competition I was in. But to say it would be a bad idea to go to a PGA professional and be completely upfront with them and tell them you're not looking for an overhaul and expect not to get better with hard work in a month's worth of time I think is a bit ridiculous. If these guys are willing to put the work in to get better and are truthful with their teacher (if they choose to take a lesson) that they aren't looking for an overhaul I think there's SOMETHING a teaching professional could see and have them improve and get better as golfer with hard work over the course of a month. Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expect different results? Again I'm not saying completely tear down and rebuild, but I think everyone could take one lesson and work hard and improve than where they started in a month. Needless to say though this conversation isn't about the #TheGrandaddy and I suppose I shouldn't have even brought it up because this talk shouldn't be in this thread, we should be supporting our fellow THPers to bring back the belt!

Kind of agree, not enough time to change alot. Work on repeating what you have so you have confidence in the swing you have. I'd be more for pressure situations if you can. Make sure your swing can stand up to it. Play a $10 Nassau automatic presses with $20 in your pocket.

I'm certain that a teaching pro could give some help in a month's time.

I would only be concerned about a "transition" period with a swing where things just don't feel right and you have too many things running through your head.

Keep it simple, though, and some really nice things can happen between now and California.

I disagree completely about not talking lessons. Aaron is a great example. He's got a solid game plan with a quality instructor who has done great things for him already.

Anyone who's not trying to get better leading up to the grandaddy is falling behind. Lots of pride on the line for the forum members rooting on our team this year!

Back