THP Outing Suggestions

I completely understand where you are trying to go with this. it sounds to me that if someone is planning on going, then they need to tell you ASAP, it will make your jobs of planning 1,00000000000 times easier. I dont think people realize this. If you can call these resorts with actuals and not projected then they will be more apt to cater to your needs.

It really does not matter as much as you think with this one. Thanks for the thoughts though. The resorts and courses we are dealing with no THP pretty well from the magazine.

It really does not matter as much as you think with this one. Thanks for the thoughts though. The resorts and courses we are dealing with no THP pretty well from the magazine.

Got ya, well, I guess now its a price thing for everyone to make a true decision. What would you guess the percentage of people bringing significant others or families are?

how much more cost are we looking at for option 2? I like the convenience of it. I'd be flying in and renting a car most likely(unless there is airport shuttle). I'm up for anything, i just hope I can make it.

how much more cost are we looking at for option 2? I like the convenience of it. I'd be flying in and renting a car most likely(unless there is airport shuttle). I'm up for anything, i just hope I can make it.

price right now is still being worked on...

I'll go for option #1. As transportation is not a problem on my end and since I will be flying solo in all likelihood the costs are what's important. I think the casual aspect of our last outing was what brought us all together in the first place.

Got ya, well, I guess now its a price thing for everyone to make a true decision. What would you guess the percentage of people bringing significant others or families are?

We really have no way of knowing that, but we think that when some actual choices are presented, it might make people want to bring families. If that is an option.

Stay And Play most of the time offers shuttles or atleast a cab service and then no other car is needed.

I'll go for option #1. As transportation is not a problem on my end and since I will be flying solo in all likelihood the costs are what's important. I think the casual aspect of our last outing was what brought us all together in the first place.

I still think a casual setting and aspect can take place in either. It is the people that come more so than any setting in my opinion.

depending on the week I would be alone or with Jenn

The BF will probably not be at these events, and just me by myself!! He may or may not be, but most likely not. We'll just travel together and that'll probably be it!

it will all come down to cost for me as most. option 1 is very cool, but if the cost isnt that much more the idea of a stay and play at a golf resort is very intriguing

We just got off the phone with one resort that we have been going back and forth with about the outing. This resort is one of the nicest around and has numerous golf courses as well as a true resort atmosphere. Multiple pools, restaurants, a full line incredible spa, and so much more to offer. Rather than talk directly to them about the deal, we wanted to discuss it with the people here.

Deluxe resort accommodations with private balcony or terrace (standard room king or two
doubles)
Full American Buffet breakfast daily
One Round of Golf per person, per day (Saturday & Sunday)
Driving Range usage daily
Golf bag storage

Single: $233.67 Double: $151.24

THP has also been able to secure a private dinner function for everybody on that saturday night that is on us. While it seems a little more expensive after crunching some numbers, I am not sure it really is, especially if people get together or come with their significant others.

This last time people were able to secure rooms for $60 or so, but the odds of that happening again we truly dont know. So if you factor in $99 for a room and the cost of golf and a rental car, we are getting closer.

But people were asking price and what we are looking at, so we wanted to throw this out to everybody and just get an idea of what their thoughts were. Is this way out of the park as far as price? Are we getting close? Etc...

Again NO decisions have been made at all, and it is just a preliminary discussion between THP and one of the finest resorts around.

Is this price per night or total weekend?

Couple of questions JB. I assume that's a per night price correct? Full American Breakfast Buffet = bacon?

I would need a roommate :)

OK, I have an opinion now. Resort FTW! IMHO, you can't beat that price for what you get and you don't have the stress of having us nerds at your place (or maybe the stress is more on GG for the cleaning and such). 151 for room, breakfast (and coffee for Thanks), unlimited driving range time, a round at an awesome resort course and a place to put our crap is just too awesome for me to vote any other way. Time to start planning the Resort Room Open.

What about Mr Golf Chick?

He'll be spending time with his family while I do this :) It was a deal we made :clapp: I'd only go to Florida for the outing and he can go visit his fam without me :wink:

We'll be staying a few extra days, so I'll have to do at least a day, but that's fine with me :)

He'll be spending time with his family while I do this :) It was a deal we made :clapp: I'd only go to Florida for the outing and he can go visit him fam without me :wink:

Sounds like a win / win! :smile-big:

Now that everybody knows its per night, are those prices in line? Or are we way over the top?

That may actually be cheaper than what we had guessed originally. Things get expensive quickly when you add in food etc. This seems like a great option JB!

I think those are in line with what me and Kev paid last time. Assuming a little nicer place than we stayed last time, etc. I think it's a good deal
Now that everybody knows its per night, are those prices in line? Or are we way over the top?

I think, at worst, this will be a total of $40 more expensive than a hotel + 2 rounds. I know I am going to want to enjoy the ammenities that the resort will offer. Do they have free poolside drinks?

I think those are in line with what me and Kev paid last time. Assuming a little nicer place than we stayed last time, etc. I think it's a good deal

This is a high end resort so it will be a lot nicer than where you stayed last time. This is a top notch place with one of the nicest courses in Florida.

That's about the right price, it seems do-able (I still need a roommate), now if you factor in airfare and everything else, we'll still have to see. Do we know where its at yet so I can determine where we'd need to fly in to?

that's what I thought...then those prices are completely worth it then.
This is a high end resort so it will be a lot nicer than where you stayed last time. This is a top notch place with one of the nicest courses in Florida.

Back