THP Outing Suggestions

That's more inline to what I was thinking. Well, depending on where it would be you're only looking at saving roughly $30 - $20 at most per day if you have mode of transportation already for the other option. That could be manageable, unless it's in Orlando of course (but that's just my situation).

I think, at worst, this will be a total of $40 more expensive than a hotel + 2 rounds. I know I am going to want to enjoy the ammenities that the resort will offer. Do they have free poolside drinks?

Now you're pushing it... besides nobody wants to see you sipping on your umbrella girlie drink anyway. :D

This is a high end resort so it will be a lot nicer than where you stayed last time. This is a top notch place with one of the nicest courses in Florida.

... and they'd like to keep it that way too, thanks.

Now you're pushing it... besides nobody wants to see you sipping on your umbrella girlie drink anyway. :D

Hey!!!... you are probably right. I guess I will have to stick with the Crown and Coke (with a lime).

this may be a dumb question....

Jenn likes to golf and might want to go, but if someone only wants to golf for 1 day, does that cut any cost down?
I think the prices are reasonable

this may be a dumb question....

Jenn likes to golf and might want to go, but if someone only wants to golf for 1 day, does that cut any cost down?
I think the prices are reasonable

never a dumn question. The prices are discounted as a package rate so the price will not change.

I am thinking Numero 1

I am thinking Numero 1

Is there a reason? Is that cost too high? I think it is cheaper than your trip you told me about, so I was thinking you would have liked the prices.

Is there a reason? Is that cost too high? I think it is cheaper than your trip you told me about, so I was thinking you would have liked the prices.

The cost is right where I had said our outting was...its about $50 cheaper than ours. Its def not too high. I just think option 1 gives people the option of saving money if thats a need for that specific person. Option 2 may just knock people out right away. I hope that makes sense.

As long as I can bunk up with someone in a double, that's a really good deal. I'd be down for it!

I need a roommate :)

Woohoo! SoCal central room! We can hang up Lakers and Kings flags, maybe an In-n-Out neon sign... :bananadance:

The cost is right where I had said our outting was...its about $50 cheaper than ours. Its def not too high. I just think option 1 gives people the option of saving money if thats a need for that specific person. Option 2 may just knock people out right away. I hope that makes sense.

Do you think so? I actually think by the time we are done, the costs will be about the same. Golf in Sept & Oct down here are more than what they were at the Spring outing.

The seasons are opposite down here, so the summer rates (which we got for the outing) are not really the same as what they will be in the fall.

These rates seem really reasonable. I've stayed in Lake Louise and paid over $400 a night for just the room and breakfast in the morning. No golf, no anything. I justified it by proposing to my financee.... :D

Do you think so? I actually think by the time we are done, the costs will be about the same. Golf in Sept & Oct down here are more than what they were at the Spring outing.

I am definately not saying that I think it can be done cheaper. I am just saying that some people may feel like their hands are tied with option 2 and some people may not like that. I personally thinks its a great deal and I am ok with it. I was just trying to brainstorm....option 2 is the more expensive route for me personally, I would just use my marriott rewards points for my stay. But that is not why I was saying option 1. Just thinking about others. If option 2 is best for the group then I will be just as happy

I am definately not saying that I think it can be done cheaper. I am just saying that some people may feel like their hands are tied with option 2 and some people may not like that. I personally thinks its a great deal and I am ok with it. I was just trying to brainstorm....option 2 is the more expensive route for me personally, I would just use my marriott rewards points for my stay. But that is not why I was saying option 1. Just thinking about others. If option 2 is best for the group then I will be just as happy

gotcha thanks.

I looked at pricing at Saddlebrook(because thats the only stay and play resort I have been to in Florida) and the pricing you gave is spot on with their pricing. The amenities are AWESOME and the golf courses are beautiful. So, I can only imagine what you two have planned

I looked at pricing at Saddlebrook(because thats the only stay and play resort I have been to in Florida) and the pricing you gave is spot on with their pricing. The amenities are AWESOME and the golf courses are beautiful. So, I can only imagine what you two have planned

Saddlebrook is nice, and we considered it. But a couple of things kept it from working. The price was higher for what we needed in terms of demo space. The courses are a little tired right now. And it is atleast 45 from the airpot...Closer to an hour. Plus they did not have restaurant space to support us without going to a private banquet. We are willing to do that for one night, but for others, the cost gets way up there.

Saddlebrook is nice, and we considered it. But a couple of things kept it from working. The price was higher for what we needed in terms of demo space. The courses are a little tired right now. And it is atleast 45 from the airpot...Closer to an hour. Plus they did not have restaurant space to support us without going to a private banquet. We are willing to do that for one night, but for others, the cost gets way up there.

Man, you have done our homework. I know you two have been working very hard at this but that response just proved exactly how hard you two are working on this. You responded with rapidness with nothing but facts. I like that! Yet anther reason why I am not worried with what you two choose to do, and why I dont care which way you go on this....1 or 2. i KNOW you will make the best decision for the group. As I said before, if you need ANY help on this just let me know.

More than anything I am worried about the date....late October is a no go for me.

Back