Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
The E series is a sleeper.

If someone is not sold on 4k being the next big thing, there is virtually no reason to go higher than that cost wise. Now if they are interested in 4k, that is a different story.

Yes you can. The safest bet to get the most natural picture is to use the "movie" setting and shut all things like "motion flow" and "noise reduction".

All of those extra settings sound great, but they are artificial and actually lead to a picture that may look good, but is unnatural and usually over saturated.

What model TV is it, Hawk? I will get you some ideal settings for it.
That will be good for a start. Of course everyone's lighting situation is different; personal preferences, etc.

Hawk: Go to highdefforum.com and do a search for your TV and they can get you close as well. Those guys are as into their TV's as THP is into their golf.

If someone is not sold on 4k being the next big thing, there is virtually no reason to go higher than that cost wise. Now if they are interested in 4k, that is a different story.

And that is exactly where I'm at personally. To me the application for 4k just isn't there to justify the cost.

I just dropped in best buy to pick up drop cams, and there are quite a few good looking deals there. I haven't shopped enough for tvs to know for sure.

Well finally decision on a computer. Decided to go with a small FF instead of a laptop. Went with a company called Xidax that Dan led me to.

They get nothing but outstanding reviews and actually have lifetime warranty on both parts and labor of the entire Rig. You just pay shipping after one year.

Here's the setup.

They led me through the process and hopefully I didn't make any glaring mistakes.

http://www.xidax.com/desktops/x-6/?saveconfig=25846

Well isn't that fancy looking

Here I thought people didn't buy "desktops" anymore lol. If they do goof up blame Dan

Here I thought people didn't buy "desktops" anymore lol. If they do goof up blame Dan

Well it's a small form factor. It's pretty small.

I didn't go with the smallest case they have because I wanted a built in DVD drive.

Well finally decision on a computer. Decided to go with a small FF instead of a laptop. Went with a company called Xidax that Dan led me to.

They get nothing but outstanding reviews and actually have lifetime warranty on both parts and labor of the entire Rig. You just pay shipping after one year.

Here's the setup.

They led me through the process and hopefully I didn't make any glaring mistakes.

http://www.xidax.com/desktops/x-6/?saveconfig=25846

Damn dude, that thing is going to be a TANK!

It's going to be hard to do that -- Xidax offers a lifetime guarantee on a lot of their parts I believe.

All of them except for ATI Video cards.

If i do end up getting a desktop, I think Xidax will be where I go. That concept is absolutely incredible, and I don't have to worry about buying parts and destroying them because I don't have a clue what I am doing.

I'll be paying close attention to how much you like that thing dude.

If i do end up getting a desktop, I think Xidax will be where I go. That concept is absolutely incredible, and I don't have to worry about buying parts and destroying them because I don't have a clue what I am doing.

I'll be paying close attention to how much you like that thing dude.

Should be here the 19th I'll post some pics and intitial thoughts when I get it up and running. They were great people to deal with so far.

Sprint's new half price deal to switch is really enticing. Would save us over $600 a year going forward.
Will talk to GG and may jump on it.

Sprint's new half price deal to switch is really enticing. Would save us over $600 a year going forward.
Will talk to GG and may jump on it.

It is only a matter of time before that Blackberry is yours.

It is only a matter of time before that Blackberry is yours.

I dont think Sprint offers it.
To me its about the savings. We got a great deal to stay with Verizon and without signing a contract. But taking that great deal and bringing it down to $55 for 10gb of data shared and unlimited everything else would be amazing.

To me its about the savings. We got a great deal to stay with Verizon and without signing a contract. But taking that great deal and bringing it down to $55 for 10gb of data shared and unlimited everything else would be amazing.

Explain further about this deal. I pay $155 for 2 phones with 10G shared and unlimited everything else with AT&T.

Gotcha, hard to pass up that kind of savings.

Explain further about this deal. I pay $155 for 2 phones with 10G shared and unlimited everything else with AT&T.

Sprint will give you half price of what you are paying with either AT&T or Verizon and the deal does not run out.
There are some drawbacks.
You have to turn in your phones to them and then purchase Sprint phones. To me that is okay because both of our phones are over a year old and while the upfront cost is high (or you can finance), it pays for itself quickly and if you can keep that price for the length of your time with them, you will save a fortune long term.

Browsing their site now. They have 2 year agreement prices. Does that qualify for the promotion or do you have to pay for the phone up front?

But how is the service? I've heard bad things about Sprints network and coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back