What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fresh Beef Stew, with dipping bread.

Away from home alone (wife and daughter sick) visiting my dad at his nursing home in Anderson, SC. So it has been all take out all the time for the past few days. Cook Out burger and onion rings tonight. First time eating at a Cook Out and have to say that the burger was quite tasty.

We have one in Milledgeville, I hit it up about once a month. The $4.99 combo menu is awesome.

The pig is almost ready and D is excited!
0a4c7948ee723253d1e5652ad822fd7b.jpg

If it is Christmas Eve we are going for Chinese food after church.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38988c5b04bedc2bd7063a209e28422c.jpg

Christmas dinner with some family friends.

Going to have spaghetti topped with Skyline chili and cheese. I am so looking forward to supper.

Skyline. Isn't that a Cincinnati brand? I guess it could have franchised or expanded by now. Or I could be completely wrong. Either way, it sounds awesome.

What's for Dinner?

Calabrese Roast Rib Eye, Cauliflower AubGratin, Smashed Potato's and Roasted Brussel Sprouts.

Just left my aunt's house. Joined them for their traditional Christmas day mexican food feast.

Ribeye steaks. Yorkshire pudding. Green beans or corn. Some kind of potato.

We had roast beef with potatoes and carrots, collards, field peas, followed by apple pie with vanilla ice cream for desert. :hungry:

Leftover turkey, stuffing, dressing (cornbread with egg, turkey, and onion-yum), mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, and of course- gravy!!!! Soooooo good!

Hosting our first Christmas dinner was a success. I maybe took on a little more than I should have but it all worked out.

Potato, green squash, yellow squash, tomato, over a bed of sautéed onion and garlic, baked and topped with Italian cheese:
4a192c7c5942fb4cf934bf9ee3c66883.jpg

Turkey:
db10ea295a92448ee7037a785a3da31b.jpg

Roast beef:
d81d03ef4ada34530b2ed516c51d4ef5.jpg

Stuffing with turkey sausage:
fb9454042a05cbc706d4461c18fe5265.jpg

Crockpot garlic parmesan mashed potatoes :
edac5833d16c722660e3cf8184c3eaff.jpg

Chicken Parm stuffed shells:
835356fc4bcd819525aa168ada9a45f8.jpg

Not pictured:

Crockpot brown sugar glazed carrots
Broccoli Tortellini Alfredo casserole
Hot crab dip
Macaroni with meatballs and sausage

Hosting our first Christmas dinner was a success. I maybe took on a little more than I should have but it all worked out.

Crockpot brown sugar glazed carrots
Broccoli Tortellini Alfredo casserole
Hot crab dip
Macaroni with meatballs and sausage

Looks great, love mixing in Italian Classic's with a traditional holiday meal.

Pizza

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's for Dinner?

Gram's homemade eggplant parm.
Ziti with mom's homemade meatsauce and garlic bread.

Mom also made a ham, but I'm skipping that--will be great with eggs in the morning.

f32bbcabf65ae702bde3d5723698803e.jpg

Leftovers, but what leftovers they are. Delicious.

What is everyone doing for Christmas dinner?

I am making beef bourguinon. I'm going old school and using the original Julia Child recipe. It is a lot of work but way worth it - this dish is phenomenal.
We ate it tonight over buttered egg noodles. It was good but not great, which was a bit disappointing given the amount of work involved. I think I used the wrong wine. Lesson learned.

I made some orange chicken for dinner.

Ugh. I'm in a meat coma after having an absolute feast.
So. Much. Goodness

Going the lazy and unhealthy route of pizza and wings tonight.

Did not get home until 11 last night so we had our Christmas dinner today. Ham, homemade mac & cheese, fried green beans, biscuits and homemade chocolate ship cookies. It was all awesome and was all my wonderful wife's doing.

Grilled chicken with a touch of mustard on the side. Diet started this morning.

Fryer food. Cheese sticks and Pizza Bites.

So healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back