Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Wedges Preview

Did Dan get along with these any better than the 1.0's?
I'd say yes...Considering I saw him hit balls sideways with the 1.0s

They are definitely an improvement but there's still something about them that doesn't sync well with my swing. Found better success with the PW I was using today over the RTX

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Wedges Preview

What is the real difference between these and the originals besides more bounce options?

Wondering if I should save the money and go originals or go with 2.0. I want the cavity back. I actually think they look better than the blades and I never normally think that.

What is the real difference between these and the originals besides more bounce options?

Wondering if I should save the money and go originals or go with 2.0. I want the cavity back. I actually think they look better than the blades and I never normally think that.

They look quite different at address to me. I think the leading edge is different as well. At the same time - the 1.0's are a great deal right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Multiple bounce options for each loft.

Each bounce has a different grind.

Slightly larger grooves. Slightly.

Different finishes.

Most notable difference is the bounce/grind thing in my opinion. If you're a 2 Dot guy across the board obviously not a ton to gain there, though there is a little heel and trailing edge relief that isn't there in the 1.0.

Hit these wedges today...holy smokes. Coming from the CG14's, which are 4 releases behind them, there is a huge difference. The Rotex 2.0's feel much better off the face, have a much softer feel to them, and in general just feel like you're controlling them very well. Hit the CB 54 and 56, bladed 56 and 58, and hit all within a 5 yard radius of each other with around 10 shots each. Can't wait to get these for my birthday in a couple weeks!

Only thing I am unsure about with these, is whether or not to get satin or black. Hmm...

Hit these wedges today...holy smokes. Coming from the CG14's, which are 4 releases behind them, there is a huge difference. The Rotex 2.0's feel much better off the face, have a much softer feel to them, and in general just feel like you're controlling them very well. Hit the CB 54 and 56, bladed 56 and 58, and hit all within a 5 yard radius of each other with around 10 shots each. Can't wait to get these for my birthday in a couple weeks!

Only thing I am unsure about with these, is whether or not to get satin or black. Hmm...

I have the cg14 as well. Are you going CB? I am strongly considering because my cg14 balloons on full-ish swings.

Try mine out next weekend at the sim....with peal white shafts and the black heads they look amazing

I have the cg14 as well. Are you going CB? I am strongly considering because my cg14 balloons on full-ish swings.

Tried both, I didn't see any benefit for myself personally for the CB. Got identical distances on the sim for both. I use both my 54 and 58 for wide variety of shots, so bladed I believe will work better for me for how I use them.

Try mine out next weekend at the sim....with peal white shafts and the black heads they look amazing

Those sound beautiful.

They are beautiful, and shouldn't be too worn out since you never chip :alien:

Oh yes, really looking forward to this one!

25b4844b42cbe672e3661455f99e5bc8.jpg

Great wedge.

Cookie those are some amazing wedges. Love mine and IDK if I'll ever get another wedge if it's not a Cleveland.

Not replacing mine anytime soon...especially the 57 and 53

Love my 50 and 54 CB wedges! Great pickup

I'm afraid the 50* may be soon desired. We shall see.

Nice. I hope you enjoy it Cookie. I've really found my groove with the CB's since putting them in the bag.

Nice. I hope you enjoy it Cookie. I've really found my groove with the CB's since putting them in the bag.

Thanks buddy. Wedge has been a point of struggle for me over the last 2 months and is an area I always leaned on to save a score. Hoping a bit of more mass will help me get things on the right track. Looking forward to a practice sesh later today.

You should have pretty immediate comfort at least. You had the originals at some point right?

You should have pretty immediate comfort at least. You had the originals at some point right?

Yes, I've played both the original blade and CB. Heard really good things about the 2.0 CB's.

Perfect. At address you can't tell the difference at all.

I'm afraid the 50* may be soon desired. We shall see.
Add me to the list of people to keep in mind if you decide to get the 50. If my JPX800 Pro GW works well with the Recoil shaft I have coming, it will likely kick the RTX 2.0 50 CB out of the bag.

Back