The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's simple, don't be a douche and things like this won't happen.

Correct me if I was wrong, but hadn't Rodgers already left the game with a lower leg injury? You really don't think he was trying to injure Rodgers?

Yes he had already left and returned at that point. He applied pressure/weight/force but there wasn't the "stomping" action that we've seen from others.

Question remains: if another player (JJ Watt is a good example with his great reputation) had done this exact same thing - would they be suspended for a playoff game?

Suh is as dirty as it gets.....no questioning that. But looking at his appeal chances given the facts presented.

Yes he had already left and returned at that point. He applied pressure/weight/force but there wasn't the "stomping" action that we've seen from others.

Question remains: if another player (JJ Watt is a good example with his great reputation) had done this exact same thing - would they be suspended for a playoff game?

Suh is as dirty as it gets.....no questioning that. But looking at his appeal chances given the facts presented.
I seem to recall the NFL openly reacting more harshly to repeat offenders, which he is clearly.

Nope, and that is the real problem. Either classify things as offenses and the further you go the worse the penalty or treat them as individual. But you cant do both and while Green Bay fans seemed to know intent before the replay was even shown, this one should get appealed.

I seem to recall the NFL openly reacting more harshly to repeat offenders, which he is clearly.

They typically do but their statement for punishment in this case was specific to actions of this game - nothing prior.

Did you read the article? The new rules now does not allow any prior events to be taken into consideration. Crazy.

I hope his appeal doesn't go through... But mainly because I'm a Dallas fan.

If you had to guess, on what team will he be frustrating you next year?

I couldn't imagine, but he's a better starting option for probably 6-8 other NFL teams as of right now (including the Jets), so I think alot will depend on the draft and his price demands. Maybe the Texans?

Not a big Colin Cowherd fan but this was funny...and true:

Just read an interesting stat. Matthew Stafford is 0-16 in his career on the road against teams with winning records. I think that 2% chance might be optimistic statistically speaking.

Just read an interesting stat. Matthew Stafford is 0-16 in his career on the road against teams with winning records. I think that 2% chance might be optimistic statistically speaking.

They mentioned 0-15 prior to the Packers game. Interesting but records are made to be broken.

They mentioned 0-15 prior to the Packers game. Interesting but records are made to be broken.

And stafford is made to suck.

Records may be meant to be broken, but trends are meant to continue...

I missed the game though, did they say it was actually a record? It seemed pretty unreal to me for a team like the Lions.

And stafford is made to suck.

And I hope it continues!

But I can't forget being out at TangleRidge golfing with THP'ers then to come into the bar and see Stafford to MegaTron for like 3 TD's and 300y against Dallas. Etched into my memory and that needs to change!

Records may be meant to be broken, but trends are meant to continue...

I missed the game though, did they say it was actually a record? It seemed pretty unreal to me for a team like the Lions.

Think it was mentioned more as a fact....can't recall if they said record or not.

And I hope it continues!

But I can't forget being out at TangleRidge golfing with THP'ers then to come into the bar and see Stafford to MegaTron for like 3 TD's and 300y against Dallas. Etched into my memory and that needs to change!

Stafford has been inconsistent but he still scares me. You forget he threw for over 4200 yards in an off year. With Megatron back healthy, that combo can kill ya.

Stafford has been inconsistent but he still scares me. You forget he threw for over 4200 yards in an off year. With Megatron back healthy, that combo can kill ya.

Agreed, as bad as he has played they still managed to get to 11-5 (albeit with a strong D). You don't get to 11-5 as a crappy team that can't play in the NFL.

Nope, and that is the real problem. Either classify things as offenses and the further you go the worse the penalty or treat them as individual. But you cant do both and while Green Bay fans seemed to know intent before the replay was even shown, this one should get appealed.
Sometimes I think the NFL has put these crazy rules in place, and acted weirdly in their handing down of suspensions because they WANT them to be appealed and reversed. So they look like they're trying to clean up the game, and the players get to keep playing and getting paid.

A bit conspiracy theory-laden there but ... it is a business after all, and if stomping on a few legs don't hurt business, its no big deal, right?

Saw this on the tweeeeter. Lolz

B6EnVdNIAAAHFBO.jpg:large

I don't think the Lions would have won even with Suh, but I believe Dallas is playing way better ball than them right now, they are carrying a lot of momentum, and they are healthy overall. I think this is the year Romo silences some critics, at least in the first game.

Steelers sign Ben Tate.

They are not saying that Bell is out though... however, I do not expect him to play.

Interesting stat about Green Bay vs top rushing teams this year. Gives me a glimmer of hope if we make it past the Lions.

#OneGameAtATime

Interesting stat about Green Bay vs top rushing teams this year. Gives me a glimmer of hope if we make it past the Lions.

#OneGameAtATime
Another stat is Dallas and their 4-4 home record this year. I realize it's the playoffs but with an undefeated road record you almost wish they were playing at Detroit if I'm a Cowboy fan.

Another stat is Dallas and their 4-4 home record this year. I realize it's the playoffs but with an undefeated road record you almost wish they were playing at Detroit if I'm a Cowboy fan.

A little deceiving....1st game vs San Fran and Romo wasn't ready and the 2nd vs Arizona where he didn't play. Not real worried about that stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back