Recap Thread - 2014 Morgan Cup

My wife got me a book for Christmas, chronicling my journey to and picture from the Morgan Cup. Such a great gesture by her, with lots of photos from others, and it turned out awesome. So many awesome memories of a fantastic year. Merry Christmas, everyone.

20141225_155839.jpg

20141225_155817.jpg
Yes!!! I'm famous! Hahahha

Great book dude, enjoy the memories.

Steven, that is one awesome Christmas gift. I'm very envious. It was the most memorable event or our lives, and you have essentially a diary of your journey. Your wife is very wise.

Awesome gift indeed

Your wife is pretty awesome Steven. That's really really cool.

Really cool gift. I'm not surprised she put that together for you - it was great getting to sit with you guys at a few meals down there.

Man, that book is awesome. Really wish I would have taken more pictures and been in more pictures to help me remember this great event. Your wife is very thoughtful, even if she doss have a tendency to cut in line at the buffet!

Great book dude, enjoy the memories.

OK...someone has to say it so I will do it. Are you famous because you are the only one in the picture holding a beer? In my book, that definitely makes you the smartest man in the room!

Awesome back Steven. Something to cherish forever! Great job on it Rebecca!

Awesome present dude, that moment in time is etched in history for you now, great job Rebecca.

Awesome book dude, my much better half made me a scrap book kind like that shortly after the event.

I can't even tell you how awesome those are dude, still a go to when I need some good golfing mojo.

You were famous the day you were selected as captain dude, and in a good way!

What a terrific gift and it looks tremendous Steve. Well done Rebecca.

Great gift, Steve.

Awesome gift you got there Steve.

I will go through all my Morgan Cup pictures and send those oto the people I have pictures of. My wife took quite a bit and I'm sure there are a few of Neb!

Pretty amazing gift there, Steve. Nicely prepared.

That book turned out awesome.

As 2014 comes to a close tonight, I find myself thinking about the total experience that was the Morgan Cup again (not that it has gone away over 5 months out). This was without a doubt the thing that I will associate with 2014 as the years progress. Thank you all again for being such a big part of my year.

As 2014 comes to a close tonight, I find myself thinking about the total experience that was the Morgan Cup again (not that it has gone away over 5 months out). This was without a doubt the thing that I will associate with 2014 as the years progress. Thank you all again for being such a big part of my year.

Man it sure was an awesome event! So thankful we have this thread with the amazing recaps, tons of pictures from everyone involved and hopefully some video down the road of the footage that we can relive anytime we want.

I was already hooked, but volunteering for this event was the single best thing I did in 2014. Not only did the light bulb go off and I saw what #THPFamily is all about, I forged some great friendships that I cherish deeply. Do it all over and I can only volunteer? I would not hesitate.

I may be skimming a bit here, but is there still plans for 2014 coverage to come out? I remember a few months ago hearing it was coming, but haven't seen much since. I would enjoy seeing it.

I may be skimming a bit here, but is there still plans for 2014 coverage to come out? I remember a few months ago hearing it was coming, but haven't seen much since. I would enjoy seeing it.
I PMed JB today asking if he had any updates on when coverage would come out and was told:
Very soon

Yes, it is definitely coming.

Ill be honest with you guys, golf hasn't been the same since the Morgan Cup for me. My heart hasn't been in it. Too much emotions and joy for all of it made golf afterwards feel very empty.

I am looking forward to Bridgestone U. I am hoping it gets my mind back in it and set up 2015 to be the year I really break through game wise.

Everything I did since last November was centered around the Morgan Cup. After it was over golf was not the same. The MC hangover is real. The Jersey and Ohio get together really helped. The MC was the highlight of 2014 for me. I still think about it daily and miss everyone of you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely something different when picking up the clubs and heading out for a round. The thing that makes it better are the recaps, memories, and fact that I can call any one of the 39 guys and schedule a round. Not to mention the rest of THP Family that followed along through the several different versions of the Morgan Cup.

2014 at its best! Thank you!

The MC was one of the best experiences I've had, golf or otherwise. More importantly, I met a bunch of guys that I'd kill to play with any chance I can get. Golf has been completely different since - and one of my resolutions this year is to play as much golf with THPers as I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think about the Morgan Cup every day. Of course, my MC bag sits next to my desk in the den, so it's a great reminder. I often sit and look at it and remember different aspects of the event. Sometimes it's the golf, sometimes it's the events of the evening and the fun I had with my THP brothers, and sometimes it's things that occurred during the six months leading up to and preparing for it. It was an experience that will never be very far from my mind, and one for which I will forever be grateful.

Back