The Golf Chick Project

Hopefully I'll have my golf lesson tomorrow, its calling for 30% chance of rain showers tomorrow :crying: And I'll be in Hawaii next week, so then my next lesson will be June 1. But I'm hoping for a lesson tomorrow night :clapp:

fingers-crossed-emoticon.gif

Hopefully I'll have my golf lesson tomorrow, its calling for 30% chance of rain showers tomorrow :crying: And I'll be in Hawaii next week, so then my next lesson will be June 1. But I'm hoping for a lesson tomorrow night :clapp:

fingers-crossed-emoticon.gif

tell your pro to hook it up in a hitting bay... lolz... youre always rained out

tell your pro to hook it up in a hitting bay... lolz... youre always rained out

I know!! It seems to be every other week for lessons rather than every week like they're supposed to, and why does it have to rain on Tuesday? There are plenty of other days of the week but Tuesday?!?! Of course, when I'm having my lesson :tongue:

I know!! It seems to be every other week for lessons rather than every week like they're supposed to, and why does it have to rain on Tuesday? There are plenty of other days of the week but Tuesday?!?! Of course, when I'm having my lesson :tongue:

tell him not to wuss out... he should have access to awesome umbrellas

Just wanted you to know I just read this thread and really enjoyed seeing your excitement and progress so far. I will continue to follow you to see how you do and maybe learn a thing or two along the way. I'm going for my 2nd lesson Friday. I'm equally excited about the opportunity to get better at this game! Can't wait to meet up with you in Florida at the fall outing!

Just wanted you to know I just read this thread and really enjoyed seeing your excitement and progress so far. I will continue to follow you to see how you do and maybe learn a thing or two along the way. I'm going for my 2nd lesson Friday. I'm equally excited about the opportunity to get better at this game! Can't wait to meet up with you in Florida at the fall outing!

you shoot in the 80's and youre taking your 2nd lesson? wow... that is impressive!

It rains in SoCal? :D

LOL - I've been hacking the ball around for 20+ years!!!!! I have received lots of free lessons from other hackers.

you shoot in the 80's and youre taking your 2nd lesson? wow... that is impressive!

ok there you go GC stop washing your car until the day after your lesson! :act-up: good luck hope you get it before your vacation!

It was this morning :( And of course it was because I washed my car yesterday!!

LOL - I've been hacking the ball around for 20+ years!!!!! I have received lots of free lessons from other hackers.

dont let the pro screw you up... most ppl would kill to be in the 80's

Its questionable if I'll have my golf lesson tonight!! It was raining on my ride in to work this morning, but hopefully it'll dry out. If not, then I'm golfless for about 2 weeks :crying:

Its questionable if I'll have my golf lesson tonight!! It was raining on my ride in to work this morning, but hopefully it'll dry out. If not, then I'm golfless for about 2 weeks :crying:

Hope so too! Even though I shot like crap this morning (OK, I shoot like crap all the time), I can't imagine going w/o golf for 2 weeks.

Keep practicing and don't be afraid to got the golf course (Par 3 or otherwise). Go out and focus on one thing to practice on the course (iron shots from middle of fairway, laying up putts). If you find you can't drive the ball or get to the hole without lots of shots, just pick up your ball, play long ball with your foursome and practice from the grass. But most of all, listen to you instructor. Can't wait to play with you in September. :banana:

It hasn't been cancelled but I'm sure it will be as its pouring rain outside :( Rain...in Southern California...in May?!?!!? Of course, on my lesson days :crying:

Breaking news

Breaking news

YES!!! I have my golf lesson tonight :joy: Its sunny and clear at the golf course...whoohoo!!! :golf3:

Lesson #4

Tonight's lesson was so awesome!! I'm becomming a pro at my 9i. We're still working on my swing, probably will be working on it for a very long time. We're 4 weeks in and I'm still working on my swing with my 9i. I'm working on keeping my arms straight in the backswing and follow through and having a strong finish and keeping my head down through my backswing and at impact. And I can still hit it solidly at 100 yards. So if I can hit my 9 iron 100 yards, I wonder how far I'd be able to hit it with my driver hmmm...now THAT'S a thought :wink: But he recorded my swing and WOW!!! Def. a HUGE difference. My backswing, my right arm needs to get into position like its holding a pizza pie :) And my follow through, my left arm does what my right arm does in the backswing, pretty interesting how my left arm mirrors my right arm. Still working on it and there's no lesson next week since I'll be in Hawaii so my next lesson won't be until June 1. 2 more lessons to go before we renew another 6 lessons. I can't tell you how good it feels to hit the ball the right way and have it go high up in the air and straight :) What a feeling...now this is what golf is about...

good for you girl! enjoy! :act-up:

Good job, GC. Sounds like you're progressing nicely!

Sweet, I'm glad you had your lesson, I know you were looking forward to it.

You can be Tin-Cup GC and play a whole round with your 9 iron, though his was a 7, haha.

sounds like you found a great instructor for you...keep up the good work.

Great job! I sure wish I had lessons in the beginning. I spent 20 years playing occasionally and scooping my irons to death. It's a bad habit I developed over the years with no real instruction. I have been much more serious in the last 5 years and serious enough for lessons in the past year. Finally figuring it out in my early 50's. I sure wish I had taken lessons when I was young so I could have enjoyed it a lot more in my earlier years. Never too late though! Keep up the good work and dedication. If you've never been to Hawaii, you are in for a real treat. I went to Maui about 5 years ago and I've never seen anything so beautiful.

Lesson #4

Tonight's lesson was so awesome!! I'm becomming a pro at my 9i. We're still working on my swing, probably will be working on it for a very long time. We're 4 weeks in and I'm still working on my swing with my 9i. I'm working on keeping my arms straight in the backswing and follow through and having a strong finish and keeping my head down through my backswing and at impact. And I can still hit it solidly at 100 yards. So if I can hit my 9 iron 100 yards, I wonder how far I'd be able to hit it with my driver hmmm...now THAT'S a thought :wink: But he recorded my swing and WOW!!! Def. a HUGE difference. My backswing, my right arm needs to get into position like its holding a pizza pie :) And my follow through, my left arm does what my right arm does in the backswing, pretty interesting how my left arm mirrors my right arm. Still working on it and there's no lesson next week since I'll be in Hawaii so my next lesson won't be until June 1. 2 more lessons to go before we renew another 6 lessons. I can't tell you how good it feels to hit the ball the right way and have it go high up in the air and straight :) What a feeling...now this is what golf is about...

You go girl! Proud of your hang in there attitude and nose to the grindstone or whatever:clapp:.......... You are a step ahead of the game by finding a good instructor to teach you the correct way and hone it to muscle memory. You are still going to screw up occasionally however it won't be quite as ugly! Enjoy your trip to Hawaii :D!

KellyBo and I are looking forward to meeting you in sunny Fla!

Gray

Lesson #4

Thats a great feeling isn't it? Glad you are seeing progress and enjoying your lessons. Just think how you will be able to hit the ball in 4 months at the outing. The Bear Trap won't know what hit it.
Enjoy your trip to Hawaii

Awesome job!!!!!!!!! In no time you will be talking about how easy it is for you to hit your 5 iron and above !

Sweet, I'm glad you had your lesson, I know you were looking forward to it.

You can be Tin-Cup GC and play a whole round with your 9 iron, though his was a 7, haha.

I asked him if I could use another club and he said no haa haa haa so my 9i is getting tons of use and GREAT ball striking experience :wink:

Back