Contest #1 - Will You Create Your Legacy?

I love seeing everyone get excited for this. It is one of the best feelings in the world to win a contest like this, and the disappointment of your name not being there is quickly tempered by knowing there are many more chances and great events and the fact that one of your THP siblings (in this case two) is going to be a rock star.

It really is a fun feeling. I know there will be some let down but we hope with more spots open and around 15 events people get that great feeling this year.

I just asked my wife and daughter to leave the room just in case..haha

This is exciting. Definitely try to have the camera running. I regret not having video of my reaction on getting the granddaddy. Then again i thought i had no chance.

Nicely put! Everyone always has a chance....and I need to remember that!

Days/nights like this are like waiting for Santa when you're a kid. Very exciting.

Though I wonder what it feels like for those who chose #team441? Are they equally excited to win a ticket to losingville?

Days/nights like this are like waiting for Santa when you're a kid. Very exciting.

Though I wonder what it feels like for those who chose #team441? Are they equally excited to win a ticket to losingville?

They still win for "Supporting Actors in a Losing Effort"

Nicely put! Everyone always has a chance....and I need to remember that!

If you didn't enter then you have no chance. But If one did enter then their chance is pretty good. Clock is counting down. Getting close.

Should I wear my Ohio state jacket or Manziel jersey for my video.... Hmmmmm

I have been playing it cool, but this is the event I am most hoping to get into this year. Good luck to all who entered.

Gonna roll this camera here shortly. Come on baby one time! Good luck to all!!!

Should I wear my Ohio state jacket or Manziel jersey for my video.... Hmmmmm

Manziel jersey. Signifies losing which seems pretty fitting for #Team441 supporters.

I don't have tape rolling at work but if I get picked I'll take a picture of my crapped drawers when I get home and post a picture. Hopefully this post doesn't get me an automatic withdraw if chosen. If so, I'll refrain from photos and just be happy!

Good luck to all! And remember this excitement. Over 140 of us entered and only 2 will get picked. Most of us aren't going to get that grand excitement...yet. Remember this build up when the next few contests roll around.

I just asked my wife and daughter to leave the room just in case..haha

Great idea. She isn't in the room, but, I just told the wife that if she heard strange sounds from the den and me seemingly talking to myself, or worse, just ignore it.

People ask me how we choose. The truth is we dont choose. We use a random generator that gives us a post number. I then go back and make sure that post was made by an Albatross Club Member and then put them in. Its not glamourous, but does work.

Good luck everybody, I am about to type up the names now. See you guys in 7 minutes.

Almost that time folks. Good Luck to the first 2 participants, it's going to be one fantastic ride!!

Terra and E are laughing at me at dinner cuz I keep checking the forum. This is exciting!!!

how to prepare for epic announcement.

1) watch bubble guppies with kid
2) have laptop/tablet/etc nearby, page preloaded
3) at 5:58 CST, turn on camera
4) spend the longest 2 minutes of your recent life waiting
5) spend those 2 minutes praying that Ohio State wins the national championship, just in case it helps a little
6) spend the rest of those 2 minutes trying to convince your son that he can wait 3 minutes before watching netflix on your tablet

~Rock

Longest 7 minutes ever!

Best of luck to all the contestants!

Please tell the random generator I will buy it dinner and drinks if things fall my way.

I'm so excited........ I'm so scared.

Good luck!!!!!!!

Here it comes.............

Back