Regional Rivalry Is Coming To THP

Until you have to get somebody 2 strokes on one hole and they are playing decent.

#ouch
But then there is the flip side where there were two mid teen indexes playing two low single digits. #nochance.

Already made it to strokes and format talk...that didn't take long to escalate.

I'll leave that up to GG and JB they have a pretty good track record up to this point

I'll leave that up to GG and JB they have a pretty good track record up to this point

I am not #TexasApproved

Straight up FTW. Go low or go home.

Maybe a seeding system where each team is required to be comprised of 2 players that fit into each of 4 handicap ranges. Or 4 players from 2 ranges.

Whatever is decided, I definitely want to be a part of it!

Until you have to get somebody 2 strokes on one hole and they are playing decent.

#ouch

As long as it's honest what's the problem?

Being a high handicapper going against a single, what would my chances be?
Being a high handicapper, what are the odds I play real well for 18 holes?

Handicaps are intended to create an even playing field, so ALL abilities can compete against each other.

Isn't that what it's all about?
**edit** Until then, I'll work to become a single digit!

Teams from several states / region have already been listed. Format is the next logical discussion point..hahaha

Im.gonna wait for GG and JB to tell us what's up. This event will no doubt rock the house

As long as it's honest what's the problem?

Being a high handicapper going against a single, what would my chances be?
Being a high handicapper, what are the odds I play real well for 18 holes?

Handicaps are intended to create an even playing field, so ALL abilities can compete against each other.

Isn't that what it's all about?
**edit** Until then, I'll work to become a single digit!

More so in best ball where it's 2 on 2.

Stronger player carries weaker player most of the time but then when high handicaps stroke twice their bogey beats my par or their bogey pushes my birdie.

Just tough to swallow in competition....heart breaker.

I singles I agree, high handicapper won't keep that up.

I am not #TexasApproved

Oh hell yes you are. You obliterated a 2 time HOF'er on their own turf. Can't ask for anymore than that.

Stronger player carries weaker player most of the time but then when high handicaps stroke twice their bogey beats my par or their bogey pushes my birdie.

In those formats it should only be a percentage of handicaps to lessen this. 60% is common.

In those formats it should only be a percentage of handicaps to lessen this. 60% is common.

Understood....but in a 9 hole match recently my pairing had to give 2 strokes on 2 holes.

Not complaining, just stating why I prefer to play straight up.

Handicaps are the most fair to me. Had great results using them at the first king event.
Or you have to give a stroke on a 130 yard par 3 with no hazards.
#UhOh

Edit: quoted the wrong post...but you get the idea.

I am not #TexasApproved

dca4b4e99860e15b5574c28b02268be9.jpg

Understood....but in a 9 hole match recently my pairing had to give 2 strokes on 2 holes.

Not complaining, just stating why I prefer to play straight up.
In a nine hole match it should be even lower. Maybe 30% handicaps.

I play in a handicapped match play league every year. One on one matches. As a single digit I've faced high handicappers getting multiple strokes many times. I've won some and lost some. Maybe it doesn't bother me as much because I do it every year. It does take a certain mindset as the lower index player.

In a nine hole match it should be even lower. Maybe 30% handicaps.

I play in a handicapped match play league every year. One on one matches. As a single digit I've faced high handicappers getting multiple strokes many times. I've won some and lost some. Maybe it doesn't bother me as much because I do it every year. It does take a certain mindset as the lower index player.

I understand how it works, not arguing the percentages.

Simply stating when playing against a 30 plus index in a best ball format that giving up 2 strokes on a hole is tough, especially when they are paired with a solid player who will end up using most of their scores.

It's completely different than singles because in that format you can just about expect to win numerous holes with bogeys cause the other person will have several blow up holes. Will rarely lose a hole with a birdie or par.

All this talk of formats and strokes...I want to go hit balls in the snow!

Some good dudes in Texas.
I'm a #Cookie fan!

All this talk of formats and strokes...I want to go hit balls in the snow!
Its crazy isn't it. Between Legacy, The King, and this Regional measuring contest I'm so stoked for my round tomorrow!!!

Its crazy isn't it. Between Legacy, The King, and this Regional measuring contest I'm so stoked for my round tomorrow!!!

Im so glad to hear that.

As a 21 handicap I would have no issue with playing straight up. Would I more than likely lose? Yes but I would LOVE the competition and would love to give myself a chance at beating someone straight up and not with help of a handicap.

On the same note I also wouldn't mind if it was handicapped in case I was playing horrible that day haha

Did he just quasi fify himself in 3rd person?

This looks awesome !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a 21 handicap I would have no issue with playing straight up. Would I more than likely lose? Yes but I would LOVE the competition and would love to give myself a chance at beating someone straight up and not with help of a handicap.

On the same note I also wouldn't mind if it was handicapped in case I was playing horrible that day haha

Here's the thing with handicaps.....they are great to have in a friendly game or on the club level. But what I've witnessed personally from more than not, is guys try to pump up their handicaps right before a big event to make sure they have a shot at winning. It was rare for me to run across someone that was trying to lose strokes off their index. So practice wasn't a priority. Getting better wasn't a priority. Sacrificing wasn't a priority. It was just odd for me to see this type of behavior.

It's going to be interesting to see this unfold.

Back