What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broke 90 for the first time today. Shot an 87 (43/44). Driving and putting were lights out, even with a new putter. I may have to do a review of my new Ping putter it worked so well today. More details to come on the Break 90 thread...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats man. Glad to see the new putter is working for you. Your mixed bag is like mine. Stuff from everywhere.

Broke 90 for the first time today. Shot an 87 (43/44). Driving and putting were lights out, even with a new putter. I may have to do a review of my new Ping putter it worked so well today. More details to come on the Break 90 thread...

Nice job, Thanks. A good day for THPers.

Kevin

Congrats on your best round thanks!

What did you shoot today?

86!!!! First sub 90 round since knee surgery 6 year ago!

45/41
It was also prett cool cause I got a great idea what a sub 80 round will take. I was one over through 7 on the back nine. Doubled 17 (a nasty par 3 I have never pared) on a 3 putt . Doubled 18 on an oob tee shot that I got greedy on. Biggest difference between the nines was driving accuracy (2 fairways on the front and 6 on the back). Niblick was golden all day. 33 putts. 2 penalty strokes.

Congrats TC and Thanks!!
Today was a pretty sweet day to be a THPer!

played 9... shot a 45... feel like jekyl and hyde

Played with my 5yr old son today. He has had clubs for a few years, but this is only the second time he "got it." He listened to instruction really well and it was super fun. He even called me "coach" when I was giving some instruction. He played 8 or 9 of our 18 holes. He plays ice hockey 3-4 days a week so I think that really helps him.

I also played really well. Shot 74(39/35). My bad stretch was when we were playing through a fivesome and I bogeyed back to back holes, then doubled a par 3 from a short side in the dirt. Bummer.

It's my buddies birthday tomorrow and we're going to play a hard "target golf" course. Going to be interesting....

I went out and had a blow up 96 today. I was hitting everything two inches fat. so its off to the range tomorrow and maybe another 9.

Shot 85 today, this is the third straight time shot this score. Normally l would be upset but I played so poorly today shooting 85 felt like I broke 80.

Nice round T!

I shot an 85 today (41, 44) which was from the red tees. I worked on putting drills that my golf instructor gave me for the first time today which seemed to help. Unfortunately, I am pulling a lot of shots to the left and can't quite figure it out. When one thing gets better something else usually breaks down. That's golf!

I played with JB, Biggsy, and Mrs. Biggsy today and shot a 109 (56/53). I struggled A LOT around the green and I lost a lot of strokes due to penalties because my ball kept finding the water. I was having some major aim issues too, everything was going right. I thought I was hitting the ball poorly but JB said it was just because I was aimed right even though I thought I was perfectly straight. My drives were pretty good, got a few out there 190 (very uncommon for me) and my ball striking was pretty good. I really do hit the TM irons well.

I think tomorrow I will be spending a lot of time at the chipping and putting greens I have a lot of work to do there. I did get out of the bunker the 2 times I got in but that leaves a lot to be desired too. So I plan to work on this part of my game a lot.

BTW a huge CONGRATS to TC and Thanks!!!!!

Pathetic day of golf for me. I shot 87 with a 45 and a 42. It should have been far worse too. It was just one of those days where nothing was working. Then despite the fact that I have been putting really well, I was dealing with the sun dead over us and a huge glare issue on this putter. Not a good day. But it was fun being out there with biggsy and the wives. We always have a good time.

I played with JB, Biggsy, and Mrs. Biggsy today and shot a 109 (56/53). I struggled A LOT around the green and I lost a lot of strokes due to penalties because my ball kept finding the water. I was having some major aim issues too, everything was going right. I thought I was hitting the ball poorly but JB said it was just because I was aimed right even though I thought I was perfectly straight. My drives were pretty good, got a few out there 190 (very uncommon for me) and my ball striking was pretty good. I really do hit the TM irons well.

I think tomorrow I will be spending a lot of time at the chipping and putting greens I have a lot of work to do there. I did get out of the bunker the 2 times I got in but that leaves a lot to be desired too. So I plan to work on this part of my game a lot.

BTW a huge CONGRATS to TC and Thanks!!!!!

geez GG, you've turned into a bomber off the tee! at least you are identifying what areas of your game you need to work on, that's a huge accomplishment in itself. just keep working away and you'll be lethal all around.

thanks for the congratulations! seems as though this was a good weekend for many THP'ers on the scorecard.

Pathetic day of golf for me. I shot 87 with a 45 and a 42. It should have been far worse too. It was just one of those days where nothing was working. Then despite the fact that I have been putting really well, I was dealing with the sun dead over us and a huge glare issue on this putter. Not a good day. But it was fun being out there with biggsy and the wives. We always have a good time.

What putter was that? Demascus?

I played at possibly the worst maintained course I have ever played. The grass in the fairway was clover, and much of it higher then the height of a ball. It can really, really, really ruin your day when you lose drives/approach shots in the middle of the fairway or right beside it.

I shot a ridiculous 90 after having to take 5 or 6 drop shots (on shots from the fairway and right beside it... I didn't hit any shots OB or into hazards) and hacking my way around the green.

just chalk it up to a golf day bro. at least you got to spend some quality time with some wonderful people. those days are tough though and i feel for ya, but there's always tomorrow! you mentioned the sun being a bit of an issue, have you been wearing any of the sunglasses you guys got in to review?

He was playing the Ping Redwood. He normally putts lights out with it. Seems like he can't miss anything within 20 ft with that thing.

Oh ok. Im surprised he didnt break out a SeeMore in celebration of Zach and SeeMore's big win!

geez GG, you've turned into a bomber off the tee! at least you are identifying what areas of your game you need to work on, that's a huge accomplishment in itself. just keep working away and you'll be lethal all around.

thanks for the congratulations! seems as though this was a good weekend for many THP'ers on the scorecard.

Thanks! Although, at my level I still need to focus on everything haha. I am just going to spend some extra time on short game this week because that really hurt me today.

I played at possibly the worst maintained course I have ever played. The grass in the fairway was clover, and much of it higher then the height of a ball. It can really, really, really ruin your day when you lose drives/approach shots in the middle of the fairway or right beside it.

I shot a ridiculous 90 after having to take 5 or 6 drop shots (on shots from the fairway and right beside it... I didn't hit any shots OB or into hazards) and hacking my way around the green.

you do know that if you deem a ball lost, and you know without any doubt that it was in play, due to the maintenance of the course that you shouldn't be penalizing yourself, right. i run into that sometimes around here, particularly in wetter conditions. a lot of the tee boxes here are seriously elevated and balls just bury themselves in wet spots. i've looked for ages for balls that i know were in the fairway but just couldn't ever find them. apparently, you can just take a drop in the area you're sure the ball went into without penalty.

just chalk it up to a golf day bro. at least you got to spend some quality time with some wonderful people. those days are tough though and i feel for ya, but there's always tomorrow! you mentioned the sun being a bit of an issue, have you been wearing any of the sunglasses you guys got in to review?

I wear them, but cannot putt with sunglasses on.

Thanks! Although, at my level I still need to focus on everything haha. I am just going to spend some extra time on short game this week because that really hurt me today.

yeah, if you feel like you're costing yourself shots around the green then i'd put my time in there. you'll get it GG!!!! at least be proud that you're bombing it off the tee.

GG: Isn't it funny how you have shot better than your previous best from a couple of weeks ago at least three times now, that you aren't satisfied anymore? hehehe

you do know that if you deem a ball lost, and you know without any doubt that it was in play, due to the maintenance of the course that you shouldn't be penalizing yourself, right. i run into that sometimes around here, particularly in wetter conditions. a lot of the tee boxes here are seriously elevated and balls just bury themselves in wet spots. i've looked for ages for balls that i know were in the fairway but just couldn't ever find them. apparently, you can just take a drop in the area you're sure the ball went into without penalty.

No unfortunately I didn't know that. I can think of 3 drives and a couple more approach shots that were in the middle of the fairway or right beside it, and just disappeared. I hate losing balls regardless of the circumstances, so it overall was not a good day for me. If I take those back I still shoot an 85 or so.. not where I want/need to be and my short game is definitely to blame.

I do appreaciate you telling me that though. You just drop in the place you saw it go last or assume it is?

GG: Isn't it funny how you have shot better than your previous best from a couple of weeks ago at least three times now, that you aren't satisfied anymore? hehehe

I have created a Monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back