Bridgestone J15 Cavity Back Irons

Pga superstore has 15% off online today and cbs can be had for $671.49 for 4-pw. Man I'm seriously pondering it

Have you emailed Discount Dan's? I you can get them at that on PGA SS, I'd be curious what DD's can do.

Have you emailed Discount Dan's? I you can get them at that on PGA SS, I'd be curious what DD's can do.
I have not. No discount dan's anywhere near me so never think of them

Might be worth a call. I know they shocked the hell out of me on a price recently.

These irons are just so beautiful. I need to hit them at some point, might take a trip to Ohio for that to happen though.

Internet store based in Oregon. When I buy new, they almost always get my business.

Pga superstore has 15% off online today and cbs can be had for $671.49 for 4-pw. Man I'm seriously pondering it
Thanks for the reminder...$146 back in a gift card. Well...only $10 left after another Bridgestone wedge and grip.

Any chance you could get a pic of the 5 iron next you your bio cell plus at address? Thanks
Took both the 5I and PW

5I
94a65b5a2aefd6ad9083c293d1223acd.jpg

aea1e7cc756327665f692f106afb4536.jpg

0018c8ef718f6683e935f1fec5d9664e.jpg

PW
c6054c7ad2fa60e5515f3dd68ebf78aa.jpg

9eccd73fa0e6c557f6a9dd7f5f6601e4.jpg

738654a906a39480d78f77c09ae35d11.jpg

They have some junk in the trunk but packed well. Really sharp and liking what I'm seeing with them so far. Need a round pronto.

These really do set up to the ball well. I can admit I like smaller profile when looking down at a club. While these are not the smallest by any margin, definitely not clunky looking at all. The soles are a bit wider than most players irons, the sole grinds on these really look good

I can't imagine ever looking down at the CBs and thinking they are too big. They are tiny! Kang you're a mad man haha!

I've hit these a few times recently and have had some great success. Will be sharing my thoughts soon.

I saw Spicoli's on Friday. They're not too big or too small. They have the similar look and shape of your players irons. They remind me a ton of the 712/714 cb.

I can't imagine ever looking down at the CBs and thinking they are too big. They are tiny! Kang you're a mad man haha!

I've hit these a few times recently and have had some great success. Will be sharing my thoughts soon.
Haha. Been looking down at really small irons for a while but the cb are definitely not too big. Bit longer heel to toe than my current gamers but it sets up really well. I was pounding the kbs 130 in them. So much so that I am pondering ordering a set... God knows I need another set of irons lol

I saw Spicoli's on Friday. They're not too big or too small. They have the similar look and shape of your players irons. They remind me a ton of the 712/714 cb.
Best comparison by design I think is a new and improved J33 CB head. Great updates overall.

Best comparison by design I think is a new and improved J33 CB head. Great updates overall.

I'd agree 100% with that. They're a heck of a good looking iron.

Warm enough to venture out to some heated bays. These will get their first workout.

been a little while since I updated this thread with my thoughts, however I am keeping the CBs VERY close to my heart.

I remember wavering between the DFs and the CBs at Bridgestone University. It was really hard to decide behind the exciting tech around the DFs or a design that I was very familiar with leading back to my J33 days. In the end I went with the CBs after making excellent contact with them on the range, and I absolutely do not regret the decision. I think it's a bit obvious by looking at the head that technology doesn't play as MUCH of a role in these heads as maybe some of the more forgiving heads available today, but there are elements that really speak to me.

First, the profile. Anyone saying these are too large might need to spend some time at an institution getting evaluated. They are compact on the topline despite having a ton of profile down on the sole. This is perfect to look down at, without giving up a large enough base to get some bounce off the turf. Sneaky sneaky Bridgestone, adding in a beveled edge to once again avoid excessive turf removal in the swing, and you're talking about a club that can react accordingly even on a mediocre swing with a head dip.

I'm not going to sit here and talk about forgiveness because the profile doesn't really speak to that. Golfers who are seeking high end forgiveness can look toward to DPF or cast offering to get loads of it. Rather, I am going to talk about swinging these relentlessly, and finding plenty of area on the face where contact feels fantastic, and an even larger area that makes the contact feel genuinely SOLID. If you sneak towards the heel, towards the toe, or towards the bottom groove, you're going to get punished for it, but I expect as much.

Truthfully, the biggest seller for me beyond overall looks was the sound. The DFs boast a slightly different sound based on the head build, and draw slightly away from that typical player sound that I'm more accustomed to. it's minute in nature, and neither are "bad" per se, but I happen to prefer the center face contact of the CBs.

On course, I can easily work the ball, but at the same time have to work for full distance. Flighting is also quite easy. The trajectory of the DG pros seems flatter than I am used to in a mid to mid/high type of launch, but I don't mind that. What shocked me was the results greenside, where I was getting upwards of 15 feet of backspin after divot between the PW to 6 iron. As I am more accustomed to a more aggressive landing with a hop and stop, this has me all kinds of intrigued to see angle of decent numbers as well as spin.

All in all, they've been fantastic thus far. I am not totally sold on the DG Pros but it's going to take more time for me to actually pull them in favour of a different shaft. I've always been inclined to go for a spin and launch killing shaft, rarely going in the opposite direction. Either way, it'll take more time to decide on that.

Also, the "B" logo is still unfilled, but it's going to take a lot of will power not to make them my own with some light blue paintfill.

I was looking for more info from the guys that have the cavity backs on whether or not you stuck with the DG pros, or had an up charge or change to a different shaft. Looking to order mine this week and am stuck between the pros and the Nippon 120. I hit the cavity back with the DG pro in the testdrive program and really like the flight and feel , Coming from S400 , but looking at no up charge for the new modus 120s just kind a wondering on which direction to go hope to hear everybody's thoughts thanks

I was looking for more info from the guys that have the cavity backs on whether or not you stuck with the DG pros, or had an up charge or change to a different shaft. Looking to order mine this week and am stuck between the pros and the Nippon 120. I hit the cavity back with the DG pro in the testdrive program and really like the flight and feel , Coming from S400 , but looking at no up charge for the new modus 120s just kind a wondering on which direction to go hope to hear everybody's thoughts thanks

Shafts are such a personal thing rogt, I'd hope you go with your gut over what works or doesn't work for me.

I enjoy the DG Pros. They are introducing more spin from a landing perspective than I am used to seeing, with quite a few of my approach shots between the P/9/8/7 spinning back upwards of 15 feet - But I don't personally think I am getting every yard I can out of these irons with the current pairing. It all depends on your personal swing profile and how the numbers align.

Also, the "B" logo is still unfilled, but it's going to take a lot of will power not to make them my own with some light blue paintfill.

I don't know Canadan, they look pretty good blue. #enabler

20150205_152048-L_zpsyd44onqj.jpg

These are really working with my swing. I'm not all that accustomed to flying 185 yard flags with my 6 iron. Creating a stock draw and I'm stepping on these shots (for me).

985ff4e01dd7b18f3bf629b9263dd236.jpg

Man these irons are really mixing well with my swing. Here's my 9 iron after probably 30 full swings.

15b8a88a0189687ba7e18bc9c8b00741.jpg

I'm finding the button a lot. It's fun and I'm even getting along decent with the DG pros. I need more time with them though.

I think you're in love.

Or you should be.

That pattern is SIIIIIICK!

I think you're in love.

Or you should be.

That pattern is SIIIIIICK!

Thanks buddy. You might be exactly right. There's a lot of things going right every time I swing these irons.

Man these irons are really mixing well with my swing. Here's my 9 iron after probably 30 full swings.

15b8a88a0189687ba7e18bc9c8b00741.jpg

I'm finding the button a lot. It's fun and I'm even getting along decent with the DG pros. I need more time with them though.

thats beautiful. The middle with awesome distance...I would be jumping for joy

Back