Bridgestone J15 Muscle Back Irons

Any new updates? I am particular interested in hearing from people that have played the J15 cb's and Srixon's 745's. I have the 745's now but picked up a set of 715 MB's. I was trying to get the J15 cb's but came across a good deal on the MB's. I am wondering if I made a mistake.
J15 cb and z745 are definitely more forgiving. The J15 mb were not overly penalizing however IMO. It's a pretty big blade. With s300 dg pro I was seeing really high spin numbers and was getting eaten up in the wind. The turf interaction is really great on the mb but so was the cb and srixon 745. I really don't think there's a wrong choice

Any new updates? I am particular interested in hearing from people that have played the J15 cb's and Srixon's 745's. I have the 745's now but picked up a set of 715 MB's. I was trying to get the J15 cb's but came across a good deal on the MB's. I am wondering if I made a mistake.
Unfortunately I haven't played the CB's or the 745's. That being said as Kang said they will be more forgiving than the MB's. The J15 MB are a traditional blade and not a modern muscle blade so there is zero toe forgiveness. I currently play the VR Pro Blades with the standard S300 shafts. I can say the DG Pro helps me spin the ball a bit more and hit it higher. I still have to have the lofts on the 7 iron through PW bent a degree or 2 strong before I put them in the bag permanently. All that being said I would say it depends where your miss is consistently. If it's in towards the heel the J15 MB's won't be as tough as you think, but if they're out on the toe, you'll get exactly what you expect, a toed blade miss.

Did some comparison stuff on Friday night. Took some videos as well. I'll add the videos and some thoughts shortly.

6c72ba4409908f4c8358d7f4ef61626b.jpg

71ca4b3192dcb82cdc727a4a10033601.jpg

Here are some videos of some 6 irons. First is the J15 MB, Second is the Vr Pro Blade, Third J40 DPC for sound. To me they all sound pretty similar and it could sound different outside as well.

Obviously the DPC is the biggest profile out of the three, but the profiles of the VR Pro blade and J15 MB are pretty damn similar. If there is any difference I'd say the toe in the J15 might be a tad thicker and the top line of the J15 might be a touch thicker, but not by much. The DG Pro is such a smooth feeling shaft for me over the standard S300. Both the lofts of the J15 and VR Pro are 31* and I was carrying the J15 about 5-6 yards further than the VR Pro and that was directly related the spin and launch. Spin numbers for the J15 for me were between 5900-6100 where as the VR Pro was 5400-5700 and the launch angle for the J15 was between 19-21 and VR Pro was lower in the 15-17 range so that's where the distance increase came from. As far as feel goes they all feel very similar and damn good. All have a softer feel with a muted sound that you'd expect from a forged club. Out of the 3 I'd have to say the J40 DPC is actually the softest feeling followed by the VR Pro and the J15 and I'm not saying the J15 felt harsh at all because that's not the case.

I played my new MB's for the first time last week and they felt awesome. Never have played MB clubs before, at most used the J40 CB before.

The feel is great, turf interaction is awesome and feedback is perfect... when you hit it well, you know it... when you miss it, you can tell right away but the results weren't as punitive as I expected.

The weaker lofts compared to my other sets are playing tricks with me but that's nothing to worry about. I should be getting my J15 CB set soon and plan on having both adjusted to same specs across the board (using CB as baseline).

My j15 mbs have been in customs since the 28th... sigh, was hoping to have received it by now

That sucks... customs from refinishing location, I guess?
Yeah. I have aerotech steel fiber 125 waiting to be installed in them

Finally my clubs have left customs! Should have them in my hands Monday and be able to build!

Finally my clubs have left customs! Should have them in my hands Monday and be able to build!

I'm oddly excited to see pictures of them haha

And they have arrived!
31ee1b0fa5154cbfa0fedbc37deb79cf.jpg
bd5b5b12dd9d5a6cdf2d71e913c008c0.jpg

Will be doing some club work today!

Those are beautiful Kang, wow!

Those look great Kang. Almost too good to game... Almost!

Could you clean that finger print for me...mmmthanks.?
55fbf00a986635adb94abd4834a9a5f5.jpg

Could you clean that finger print for me...mmmthanks.?
55fbf00a986635adb94abd4834a9a5f5.jpg
Haha. Bit oily still. Fingerprints galore right now

Will they eventually rust Kang? or are they more durable?

Back