Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

I seem to remember you being a bit critical of a drive of mine that trickled into the first cut of the rough during the MC footage! :alien:

I was told to call it like I saw it & that one didn't do Adam any favors

I was told to call it like I saw it & that one didn't do Adam any favors

It was Kang, I've called him many names, but Adam wasn't one of them.... :) Just bustin. Sorry to derail the thread.

Hole two looks like a 3 hybrid off the tee to me. Driver just brings that left bunker or trees into play. That would leave another hybrid to hopefully set me up for a wedge into the green. Tough hole for a par 5 for sure. A premium on hitting the fairway and keeping the tee ball left of center for a decent angle for the second shot. This will be an interesting alternate shot hole for sure.

A7E6F5C2-9E69-46BB-AA96-F82E4BC06015.png_zpsahlxdwb0.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]depending on length driver may not be the best club choice for a long baller. Par is a good score here. Visually the tree lines make it feel narrower than it really is.

Quoting the hole pic so we have it on the next page for those who would like to chime in, it is a definite three shot hole for me. I'm probably alright to hit driver down the left side without running out of fairway, then whatever I am comfortable hitting that keeps me in the fairway even if it leaves a longer third shot. If I'm in the fairway for my third I'm trying to find the right section of the green to leave a decent looking putt, if not anything but the bunker.

DCFC8B4D-E800-428B-BDE7-CC76985FD88D.png_zpseejzyewb.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
Nice little Par 3. Trees over hang the tee box on this one. Get your 3 and run to the fourth tee!

Middle of the green and take a two putt if you can get it.

To be guys who have played it before, is the green as severe as it looks in the picture?

The trick with the Par 3s at Caledonia is that they all have a forced carry, and the holes are designed to almost make you stare at the forced carry from the tee.

You do not want to be long on this hole. It's dead past the green. The green is pretty deep. Just play to the middle and two-putt for a par.

That bunker on the left is also no picnic. Deep.

Par 3 3rd, great hole usually playing 175 or so. Can't believe how many folks I've seen short, right, and left on this hole. DEEP green with 2 nice tiers. Birdie is possible if getting onto the correct level. Straightforward hole, get it on the green.

To be guys who have played it before, is the green as severe as it looks in the picture?

Yes, pretty severe but a manageable 2 putt for a good putter.

The greens at Caledonia have a lot of undulation. The slopes can get pretty severe.

175 is pretty long for me, probably taking a hybrid to it and hoping for the best.

Par 3 3rd, great hole usually playing 175 or so. Can't believe how many folks I've seen short, right, and left on this hole. DEEP green with 2 nice tiers. Birdie is possible if getting onto the correct level. Straightforward hole, get it on the green.

Hahah. I have played this hole a dozen times and come up short and right every single time. You nailed it.

Pretty much anywhere on the green is a victory on this one.

too short though leads to potentially a long uphill putt

I've always played this one pretty well for some reason. Even have a birdie if I remember correctly.

The slope that goes from the back to front is enough that being long is bad news. I somehow still made a 5 footer from above the hole to save par last year. It was a nervey putt.

I was short right on this one if I remember correctly both times I played it.

Hybrid to the middle of the green and hope for a birdie chance but good with 2putt par.

I was short right on this one if I remember correctly both times I played it.
So a hard 9-iron is not the best play? Depending on the pin and wind for me its anywhere from a 7 to a 5, just aiming for the middle

That bunker on the left is also no picnic. Deep.

Spoken from experience. Also, when getting into the bunker, the green is narrow and its not hard to end up over the green in the other bunker.

So a hard 9-iron is not the best play? Depending on the pin and wind for me its anywhere from a 7 to a 5, just aiming for the middle

LOL I mean not unless you want your partner to kick you in the nads. Haha. I think I hit hybrid both times when I played.

5 or 6 iron, depending on pin position. 2 putt and move on.

~Rock

The 3rd is a great par 3, so much going on in one hole. And when it's a practice round, hopefully they'll be a nice staff member on the tee to chat it up with. The starters at Cale may not be the friendliest, or only to Jeff and me! But that guy was a class act and a ton of fun to chat with!

Must be something in the water up there. I went right as well on the par 3. Bunker there isn't a lot of fun but if you've been working hard on your sand game you can get it out relatively easily and hopefully with a makeable putt for par.

Must be something in the water up there. I went right as well on the par 3. Bunker there isn't a lot of fun but if you've been working hard on your sand game you can get it out relatively easily and hopefully with a makeable putt for par.

Right bunker isn't too bad. It's much more shallow, and the green is sloped towards you.

Left bunker is the opposite of all of that. Not fun.

Normally I'd say and 8 or a 6 depending on the tees, but since everyone is talking about coming up short, let's make that a 7 or a 5. My miss is a pull/draw though, and definitely want no part of that bunker. I will be aiming to the right side of the green.

Back