Gmac's new Flatstick...

I like the putter. It has that Rossie shape he liked from Odyssey and that face isn't visible at address. If the insert is legit and is similar to the white hot, then Cleveland might have something here esp with their price points
I agree Mike, especially with that last part.

I'm a fan of it. I'd game one

I guess I've missed the tour yellow from Srixon. I mean, I know they make a yellow ball but I haven't seen any emphasis placed on tour yellow in their social media, on the Srixon website, or in any aspect on Tour. Nike has made a very obvious push with the volt scheme but I guess I've missed this push from Cleveland/Srixon. Hence the reason why this new yellow color on Gmac's putter is kind of surprise move.
Bags, hats, shirts, ads, all of it. Its been around recent years. Hell I own one of the hats.

Not sure I follow, Dan. I was being a little tongue-and-cheek about the Nike color scheme. Truthfully it's not the worst I've seen and they are making it work for them. The yellow insert on Gmac's putter is an odd combination, though. Again, my opinion, but if you're into that then by all means go for it. I've got nothing against anyone implementing some new color schemes into their lineup. It's a VERY different move for Cleveland and it's not my cup of tea but they are obviously marketing to more than just myself and it appears that some on here like it well enough to buy one so I'd say that is mission accomplished on their part.
I guess I've missed the tour yellow from Srixon. I mean, I know they make a yellow ball but I haven't seen any emphasis placed on tour yellow in their social media, on the Srixon website, or in any aspect on Tour. Nike has made a very obvious push with the volt scheme but I guess I've missed this push from Cleveland/Srixon. Hence the reason why this new yellow color on Gmac's putter is kind of surprise move.

Yeah, they've been known to relate to that colour a bit..

41AhnD2E52L._SX300_.jpg

s-l1000.jpg

...Although I'm not sure when social media and marketing ever became the originator of validation for product releases.

I really like the Cleveland insert. And I really like your yellow. I'd love if this putter was made available.

Interesting. Just haven't seen any of that anywhere this year.

Here's an interesting question (although thread derailing); When you think of Mizuno, what colour comes to mind?

Are they marketing their 'Mizuno blue' this year? Not really, no. Is it still relevant? Of course it is. Not every company is going to advertise the same, especially when the colour is solidified into the brand for years prior to launching a product.

Here's an interesting question (although thread derailing); When you think of Mizuno, what colour comes to mind?

Are they marketing their 'Mizuno blue' this year? Not really, no. Is it still relevant? Of course it is. Not every company is going to advertise the same, especially when the colour is solidified into the brand for years prior to launching a product.
There is a pretty big difference in a company releasing their driver and every club they make with blue and nike releasing every club and every other thing they make with volt and Srixon and cleveland here. Srixon has gone with tour yellow on balls and made a few accessories and now you have cleveland adding a putter.

I really like this one, I may need to check it out. This is the one he was talking about many months ago, he helped design it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggest question here...is this available or will it ever be available to the public?

There is a pretty big difference in a company releasing their driver and every club they make with blue and nike releasing every club and every other thing they make with volt and Srixon and cleveland here. Srixon has gone with tour yellow on balls and made a few accessories and now you have cleveland adding a putter.

Hey, I'm just offering why I relate the colour to the company. Whether intentional or not, when I think Srixon I think tour yellow. I also think Cleveland. Stacking it unintentionally, but that's how my experience with the two companies allows me to draw correlations.

Simply comparing it to how I perceive as a consumer vs another company with a familiar-to-brand colour. Whether it's intentional or not isn't really visible on the front end (I suppose social media or marketing is a prime example), but that it's the first thing some of us think of certainly speaks to the colour and the relationship to Srixon.

Hey, I'm just offering why I relate the colour to the company. Whether intentional or not, when I think Srixon I think tour yellow. I also think Cleveland. Stacking it unintentionally, but that's how my experience with the two companies allows me to draw correlations.

Simply comparing it to how I perceive as a consumer vs another company with a familiar-to-brand colour. Whether it's intentional or not isn't really visible on the front end (I suppose social media or marketing is a prime example), but that it's the first thing some of us think of certainly speaks to the colour and the relationship to Srixon.

Absolutely. Its interesting because some companies switch colors and market them so often. See TaylorMade. Mizuno did that with the black and yellow. Nike seems to be throwing everything they can at the golfer (poorly) to see what sticks in terms of color. Perception is the key. I have honestly never thought Tour Yellow when I think of the brand. I know they have it, and I know its big, but yellow just does not come to mind. Different for different people of course.

Kind of relates to the recent thread on one word descriptions.

Absolutely. Its interesting because some companies switch colors and market them so often. See TaylorMade. Mizuno did that with the black and yellow. Nike seems to be throwing everything they can at the golfer (poorly) to see what sticks in terms of color. Perception is the key. I have honestly never thought Tour Yellow when I think of the brand. I know they have it, and I know its big, but yellow just does not come to mind. Different for different people of course.

Kind of relates to the recent thread on one word descriptions.

TaylorMade will cycle the spectrum ten times over I'm sure, but they've seemed to circle back onto what actually sold clubs for them, and I can imagine why. Interesting that Nike bailed on "victory red" but wasn't that built around Tiger's brand in general? I love the change to volt.. It's crazy visible similar to how I feel about the "vapor" line drawing connections between sports.

I'd love to see Cleveland/Srixon build around Tour Yellow. It's loud and obvious.

TaylorMade will cycle the spectrum ten times over I'm sure, but they've seemed to circle back onto what actually sold clubs for them, and I can imagine why. Interesting that Nike bailed on "victory red" but wasn't that built around Tiger's brand in general? I love the change to volt.. It's crazy visible similar to how I feel about the "vapor" line drawing connections between sports.

I'd love to see Cleveland/Srixon build around Tour Yellow. It's loud and obvious.
Kind of hard to hang in victory red when it hasn't been there for a couple years.

I would love that color insert available in putters.

Well that's... interesting to say the least. Seems a bit distracting with the green.

is that green or yellow? or grellow...

Interesting insert to say the least.

If it works, it works.........

I LOVE this. Love the color and that head shape.

Anything to move the needle for any oem is a good thing. I would try it out and game it infirmaries regardless of color scheme.

I'm extremely surprised Graeme switched putters as I've always seen him to be one of the game's best.

I had the privilege of playing with G-Mac in Chicago a couple years ago for a media event with Guinness. At the time he was the fifth best player in the world. I've never seen anybody putt like he did that day. It was an on-course clinic on how to roll the flatstick. I'll never forget it.

I know Graeme has used the Odyssey most of his career, however he has dabbled in quite a few including a number of Never Compromise models, such as the Gambler Straight.

Back