TaylorMade AeroBurner Coming In Black

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
WZ408_zoom_D-420x420-M.jpg

TaylorMade_Black_AeroBurner_R15-681x511-M.jpg

I think they look good, but again I hate that they do this to people who have already purchased white.

Nothing to do with releases, just timing of said releases.Release black and white at the same time!

I think it's more surprising they don't just offer both color variations right off the bat, instead of releasing this color variation later.

Smart move....but do it upfront....not as a last ditch to bump sales.

I think they look good, but again I hate that they do this to people who have already purchased white.

Nothing to do with releases, just timing of said releases.Release black and white at the same time!

My initial thought when reading it was me rolling my eyes and saying the same thing as you.

Yep. All of this.

I agree, why not just offer both at the start. Are they afraid the white wont sell as much as the black?

I highly agree with this.

But that color scheme is BADASS. If Darth Vader ever played golf, this would be his driver, with a Matrix Red Tie shaft.

Come_to_the_DarkSide_cookies.jpg

Can't wait to see people compare the numbers between the black version and white version.

I would have still had the love/hate I had with the stock shaft (way to light for me) but the black is slick...
Maybe pick one up this time next year with a heavier shaft when they are less than $150.

This another perfect example of why people hate TM...

Can't wait to see people compare the numbers between the black version and white version.

Go see the Mental thread.

Go see the Mental thread.

sadly I've seen in in person. At a THP event back with the R1. #InternetGolfingMentalWeirdoes

agree with everyone's thoughts about timing and when its released. wonder if there will be any significant increase in sales as a result.

Wow it looks really good

Not sure why they did it with the R15, but not the Aeroburner.

Everything is better in black...lol

I have yet to spend any legitimate time with the Aeroburner, but what I have heard has always seemed positive.

Can't take away from the gap between releasing in white and then releasing in black though. First time around it seemed more like "oh maybe the want this in a different colour"

Now it just seems like questionable structure of releasing to maximize unit sales.

Not sure why they did it with the R15, but not the Aeroburner.

I have no numbers or anything but I bet it goes something like this.

Q:Hey which one of our drivers is selling?
A:Neither R15 and Aeroburner are selling very well sir.

Q:Ok of the limited numbers that are selling, which one is flying off the shelves?
A:The Black r15 is outselling the white. Aeroburner is doing ok, but we have a ton in stock still. None are flying off the shelves.

Q:Ok, well with all the excess stock we have left of the white Aeroburner, can we repaint them black and set up a new release?
A: Sir, that is genius. Let's do that.

I have no numbers or anything but I bet it goes something like this.

Q:Hey which one of our drivers is selling?
A:Neither R15 and Aeroburner are selling very well sir.

Q:Ok of the limited numbers that are selling, which one is flying off the shelves?
A:The Black r15 is outselling the white. Aeroburner is doing ok, but we have a ton in stock still. None are flying off the shelves.

Q:Ok, well with all the excess stock we have left of the white Aeroburner, can we repaint them black and set up a new release?
A: Sir, that is genius. Let's do that.

LOL, this is probably how it went down.

I like the look of the black way more than the white version.

"please buy the Aeroburner. It now comes in black! For the love of god, please buy an Aeroburner!"

The black looks awesome! Im with others tho and think its simply ridiculous to offer another color at a later date. Just give the option from the start.

It's all about marketing. I have a driver and 3H in white...don't think I'm going to spend more money to get them in black. Agree with most, should offer both options from the beginning.

Back