2015 Ben Hogan Irons Preview

I believe it is.

I want these. Sadly I live in South Dakota and will never get the chance.

Been asked via PM a handful of times and via email even more than that about a review on these irons so I figure I should post in here. THP was contacted in regards to these irons to see about doing a full review and putting them in the hands of each staff member (different handicaps) who would go through the online fitting program and then have a set sent out based on their makeup for both long term forum testing as well as a home page review of the product.

We scheduled this on our release calendar and Dan, Ryan and James went through the fitting. The information was sent to Hogan and that was it. Normal review time in this industry is pre-release, but with fitting and options available, we understood the reasoning for waiting until plenty of product was available. Figured the guys would have their clubs in a couple of weeks and over the next 2 months they would review them in the peak of season for the community here.

At this point no clubs have been received to review and no communication has been delivered. Hopefully that changes, but in the meantime, there are some reviews throughout this thread that might help people and we will refer to this thread for those looking for information. We hope at some point they figure this thing out, but in the mean time, THP will continue posting the most informative and accurate reviews on the internet and I will begin putting together my thoughts on the irons based on my brief time with them.

Thanks for the efforts, JB/THP! Hopefully they come through.

Hoping things get squared away!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man that's a bummer. I dig the look on these and was really looking forward to the tester's thoughts. Hopefully it gets worked out.

Been asked via PM a handful of times and via email even more than that about a review on these irons so I figure I should post in here. THP was contacted in regards to these irons to see about doing a full review and putting them in the hands of each staff member (different handicaps) who would go through the online fitting program and then have a set sent out based on their makeup for both long term forum testing as well as a home page review of the product.

We scheduled this on our release calendar and Dan, Ryan and James went through the fitting. The information was sent to Hogan and that was it. Normal review time in this industry is pre-release, but with fitting and options available, we understood the reasoning for waiting until plenty of product was available. Figured the guys would have their clubs in a couple of weeks and over the next 2 months they would review them in the peak of season for the community here.

At this point no clubs have been received to review and no communication has been delivered. Hopefully that changes, but in the meantime, there are some reviews throughout this thread that might help people and we will refer to this thread for those looking for information. We hope at some point they figure this thing out, but in the mean time, THP will continue posting the most informative and accurate reviews on the internet and I will begin putting together my thoughts on the irons based on my brief time with them.

has thp reached out to them since the online fitting? or is it 100% on them to take the ball from there (which seems like would/should be the case)?

Have you been dealing directly with TK?

has thp reached out to them since the online fitting? or is it 100% on them to take the ball from there (which seems like would/should be the case)?

Of course. We don't do anything half way.

I can say my post was seen by the appropriate people now too...

Can't wait to hear more about these. I am still in love with my set of Hogans. Wonder if they mastered that same "feel" the older Hogans have.

It's hard to throw away forgiveness in an iron, but some have spoken so highly about these irons. I can't help but admit to being at least a little intrigued about what makes them unique.

The clubs are being built now and will be in the hands of our staff writers shortly. There will be a new review thread with pictures (and nobody does pictures better) on the forum when they arrive and from there a home page review will be done as well.

i am curious about these irons. i like the looks and doing a set based on loft vice a normal number is interesting. i hope THP gets these soon.

The clubs are being built now and will be in the hands of our staff writers shortly. There will be a new review thread with pictures (and nobody does pictures better) on the forum when they arrive and from there a home page review will be done as well.

Excellent turn of events, looking forward to it.

Glad to hear that things of changed, looking forward to the feedback

Well hello there. Good to hear a response and update was finally given!

Last edited:
Sounds like someone was listening.

These are irons I know the least about. I'm glad the reviewers here will fix that soon.

Yes!! I haven't been this excited for an iron review since the Apex...which is currently in my bag. And there to stay, unless Mr. Hogan makes a compelling case...

Interested to see how three different handicap levels will take to these irons. Should make for an excellent review thread.

Glad to hear these will be in THP staff writers hands soon. There's been so much buzz, it'll be nice to read how they handle being put to the test!

These are way out of my league, but I am intrigued by the concept and glad to hear THP will be bringing us the straight scoop.

Can't wait until we see a new thread 2015 Ben Hogan Irons Review

Great news!

Glad to see that things are moving in the right direction to getting these in the hands of our incredible staff writers!

Back