The Car Shopping Thread

My Kia has one recall due, this thread reminded me to go schedule it. The fan resistor can overheat and catch on fire in certain circumstances.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Hyundai killing it then haha

Yah in all honesty Hyundai isn't the same thing it was 20 years ago.

Same with GM.

If this chart was the last 10 years they would flip flop spots haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, I think it might just be a dealer problem. But that's completely understandable...I would never buy a certain car if my only dealer option close by was terrible. So I absolutely get what you're saying.

That's why Mazda is off of my list unfortunately. I refuse to have anything to do with the local dealership other than recalls on my Saturn.

Thankfully I do have Honda, Kia, Toyota, Nissan, Chevy, & Dodge within 5-10 minutes of my house. I'm going to be doing a lot of test driving in late July.

That's why Mazda is off of my list unfortunately. I refuse to have anything to do with the local dealership other than recalls on my Saturn.

Thankfully I do have Honda, Kia, Toyota, Nissan, Chevy, & Dodge within 5-10 minutes of my house. I'm going to be doing a lot of test driving in late July.

Yea we have one Mazda dealer that's not great that I've dealt with but luckily have like 3-4 more in the area. Mazda is oddly popular around Cleveland. Which is weird because I never saw a lot of Mazdas around Columbus growing up there.

Yea we have one Mazda dealer that's not great that I've dealt with but luckily have like 3-4 more in the area. Mazda is oddly popular around Cleveland. Which is weird because I never saw a lot of Mazdas around Columbus growing up there.

The next closest one to me is 45 mins away. I wouldn't mind driving a ways if it meant getting a great deal on a car then having it serviced at a local dealership that's good, but in this case there's no way I want my car in their shop. At all.

Nearly everyone in my family has bought from the Toyota dealership and has had great dealings (save for my wife who went ballistic on a finance manager there 10 years ago), and my father and some co workers love the Nissan dealership.

The Car Shopping Thread

The Beast is in my garage! Brute Force at its finest! Now time to think of a name for him.

2a2903c70b6d3f2b1f75c96c571983c4.jpg

Looks like a Cletus

sanford, take care of the trash

First step is done! Windows turned out awesome. Vents getting installed Tues. And paint booth scheduled for next weekend to do spoiler and bow tie emblems.

d9a3bdc877881cbfdcf935ade3937ba7.jpg

Looks good frog

Gonna be a badass ride frogger!

That is a cool shot. I still think it is awesome in stock form as well.The white is the best color in that model. Don't see your clubs in the garage.
The Beast is in my garage! Brute Force at its finest! Now time to think of a name for him.

2a2903c70b6d3f2b1f75c96c571983c4.jpg

That is a cool shot. I still think it is awesome in stock form as well.The white is the best color in that model. Don't see your clubs in the garage.

They are in the trunk of the SS. Where they should be! Always have them with me.

My car goes in to get detailed and to go Stage 1 tomorrow and I'll have it back Friday. I waited 2700 miles to go Stage 1, honestly I cant believe I waited this long.

I just bought a new 2015 Toyota Highlander XLE.

The plan was to buy a slightly used one. Carmax had a couple of low mileage 2013's (less than 20,000 miles) for $34,000.

I went in to the local dealer, and they gave me a good price, trade in and financed at 1.75% as well. I paid an extra $3,500 over buying used, but I can definitely live with that. They also gave me KBB value for excellent condition on my trade in (sight unseen, as I didn't even bring it with me).

Vents are done man!

Before...

5410c1c461949a38ea5e8089610478ee.jpg

After...

a64c0f7a0f480f9aa59947b5512f358a.jpg

bought this car last night. 2014 VW GTI Driver's Edition with 9k miles for a good price. I'm 32 and finally got a nice fully loaded car. I deserve it! haha
wvwhd7aj5ew007912-1_zpsajcawsna.jpg

thats a great looking car, congrats

My sister ended up getting what I thought was a great deal on a 2014 Passat. The MSRP on it was over 28K, and she ended up paying 19 for it with 6000 miles.

not only am i not in a position to purchase a new car, nor do i necessarily NEED a new car, but i had the opportunity to finally ride in a tesla model s last night. holy crap, WANT!!! that thing was bada$$.

I am starting to understand where you are going with these cosmetic changes. It looks great.
Vents are done man!

Before...

5410c1c461949a38ea5e8089610478ee.jpg

After...

a64c0f7a0f480f9aa59947b5512f358a.jpg

Well, I may be shopping for a new car next week. The wife had a pretty serious accident today in her car. I don't think it's totalled, but the insurance lady typed in the basic information and said it came up as a possible total loss.

Well, I may be shopping for a new car next week. The wife had a pretty serious accident today in her car. I don't think it's totalled, but the insurance lady typed in the basic information and said it came up as a possible total loss.

They will total cars really quick these days.

They will total cars really quick these days.

No airbag deployment, which I'm pretty confused about, since she t-boned another car hard enough to spin her 180 degrees and then she got clipped in the driver's door by another car. I think the front end damage isn't that bad, but it wrinkled the rear quarter pretty badly in the fender well.

Back