Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 - THP Review Thread

i am impatient and the golf Galaxy I stopped at only has 12* in stock, also only place that had speeder shaft. I can adjust to 14 but will probably play at 13* whether I got the 12 or 14.

I didn't see me going to 15 or 16 so it was a rash decision to go with emwhat I found instead of ordering and waiting especially since I wanted to put in play for at least the practice round before Pitt invitational
Fair...I would have done the same thing if I was crunched for time...looking forward to your observations

Fair...I would have done the same thing if I was crunched for time...looking forward to your observations

I wouldn't call it a time crunch as much as impatient and an itch to want have a new shiny toy. Should have some observations posted tomorrow. After the range and round. I have no intention of playing from the fwy either so loft wasn't an issue really.

I wouldn't call it a time crunch as much as impatient and an itch to want have a new shiny toy. Should have some observations posted tomorrow. After the range and round. I have no intention of playing from the fwy either so loft wasn't an issue really.
Isn't the Pitt invite on Saturday?

Isn't the Pitt invite on Saturday?
Yes it is. He will have it on the range and available to hit. He should probably charge $1 a swing. Ha

So, I hit the Bertha Mini today. It is a very solid club!!! Long and LOUD!!! You definitely notice it off the tee.

Not a fan of the Kuro Kage shaft that Fup has in his (I hit it into orbit) but I'm weird. I know this.

The mini driver is larger than I expected. I didn't hit it (Fup's) but checked it out in hand. I'll echo Canadan's comment that it's loud, surprisingly so.

I may want to take a few swings with this if possible

sure can.

played this all day from the tee. I am in love with this. So easy to hit. Even on mishits I es getting good results. Was longer than I expected.

the launch is a mid height. The ball seems to just jump off the face on this. This club was close to money all day

Emart was just automatic with this club! Might be his best purchase ever

My Callaway Big Bertha 1.5 Mini Driver (and a PM grind 60* wedge) arrived today. I'll be putting it in play tomorrow morning and provide my impressions here after that. In the meantime here a few pictures with the mini next to my SLDR Tour Spoon 3 wood for those that would like to see how they compare.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Edit: changed image links

If anyone is interested in seeing pictures from a specific angle let me know, and I'll see if I can upload a picture of it for you.

Last edited:
My Callaway Big Bertha 1.5 Mini Driver (and a PM grind 60* wedge) arrived today. I'll be putting it in play tomorrow morning and provide my impressions here after that. In the meantime here a few pictures with the mini next to my SLDR Tour Spoon 3 wood for those that would like to see how they compare.
BB_mini_and_SLDR_TS_heads_face_view_50.jpg

BB_mini_and_SLDR_TS_heads_top_view_1_50.jpg

BB_mini_and_SLDR_TS_heads_top_view_2_50.jpg

BB_mini_and_SLDR_TS_length_50.jpg

If anyone is interested in seeing pictures from a specific angle let me know, and I'll see if I can upload a picture of it for you.
I'm not seeing the pictures

I had my first round with the Big Bertha 1.5 mini driver (and a Mack Daddy 60* PM-grind wedge) in my bag this morning. I didn't use the mini for many shots, but for the times I did hit it here is what I have found:

I have a tendency to want to position the ball/clubhead (too far) forward in my stance almost like I would for a regular size driver on a ball teed up on a tee box when hitting off the deck, but should know better and it will probably take me awhile to reprogram my brain to play it in the proper position for me (in line with my left ear and/or logo on my shirt - if I'm wearing a shirt with a logo on the chest). The head has so much length from the leading edge to the back of the head (which I like the look of!) that a ball positioned too far forward will have the back section of the head bouncing off the turf.

At impact a bit of a metallic sound is produced, but unlike other posters I wouldn't define it as loud. The more you contact the ground the louder the sound tends to be, so the more sweeping your impact and the more solid you catch the ball the quieter the sound tends to be.

Even with the 14* setting and Fubuki Z shaft (not a low ball flight shaft) ball flight seemed to be what I'd classify as low. Part of this might have been from my ball position being a bit off today, and part from me not generating my normal amount of swing/club speed (based on the Zepp sensor I sometimes wear and monitor my swing stats with).

Off the tee (only hit it once off the tee today) it finished 11-12 yards shorter than my driver. (On the hole I hit it I hit a driver - with a decent swing/contact first, and then hit the mini from the tee as well - also with a decent swing/contact).

I may play nine holes tomorrow morning, and if I do I may use it more often to see if the results/experience remains consist with what I experienced today.

I picked one up today and played a round today. Amazing mine sounds muted I must have lucked out because I'm an defintely picky about not gaming loud clubs. Also hit it twice off the deck and got my normal 3w distance out of it.

I'm hitting my G30 pretty well, but my 3W infinitely better. These mini drivers sure are peaking my interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only have 9 hole yesterday in play, but on well struck shots it was driver distance. I can see this being good for my game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to be redundant but the results I saw yesterday call for it. I gamed this off 6 tees and hit 5 fairways. Not just hit them but managed to hit my target for the best angle to the pin. It reminds me of the opening days with my Rzrfit 4W finding my spots and swing away.

Yes a high draw was in play and needed on every shot. I didn't measure any shots but had 50 yds into the first two greens and the holes both measured 360. Now there were down slopes on each hole and I did get some good run but the club made the holes easy.

The color and setup took care of themselves for me. No second guessing while on the tee, found my target and swung away. A sharp ting with each swing followed by nice shot. The last two swings, I was picking up my tee and walking back to cart before the it landed.

I'll be changing the loft down to 13* and looking at those results this week. Follow up coming.

Love it Panda and I'm not surprised in the least. I'm playing mine at 11* draw but I'm still surprised at how well my "misses" are treated.

Give him a bionic hip and the man comes back like a savage. Those kinda results remind me more of you with the RBZ 3w you absolutely murdered off the tee.

Pound it Panda! Happy to see you back out there again!

Love it Panda and I'm not surprised in the least. I'm playing mine at 11* draw but I'm still surprised at how well my "misses" are treated.
I missed my **** in 18 with a small block but it stayed in the freeway and left me nothing into the green.
Give him a bionic hip and the man comes back like a savage. Those kinda results remind me more of you with the RBZ 3w you absolutely murdered off the tee.
Omg, that is exactly what it is like. There is another gear that I have yet to explore
Pound it Panda! Happy to see you back out there again!
It felt great to be on the course with such a steady club

I think Panda payback is coming our way soon. Great to see you already striking it well!

Another Panda gear? Oh hell! Glad you are back on closely mown surfaces buddy!

JM

Back