2015 US Open Contest & Official Thread - Amazing Cobra PUMA Prizes

Oosty made a bit of a comeback today. Climbed back to +3. "So your saying there's a chance"!

Why? Fragile golfers can't take some heckling? Much worse said to baseball/football/basketball players.

That's great for those sports, but that is not what golf is supposed to be about. It's always been a gentleman's game.

I think the US Open is the worst of the 4 majors.

That's great for those sports, but that is not what golf is supposed to be about. It's always been a gentleman's game.

If you have fans on the course, there's going to be some heckling. They should be well used to it by now. It's a gentleman's game, but there are very few gentlemen playing it.

Is Reed starting to sound like Tiger in his interview answers and voice? Listen to him next time.

I seriously want to play that course now. I love hitting low shots with roll out. And I've never played a course with such massive greens and fairways. I'm having a blast watching this.

It's staying on my dvr for a long time.

I thought Spieth did well defending his comments about #18. What a tough hole for anyone who doesn't carry driver 300 yards.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

How many took Reed?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What did he say?
The mics caught him saying
"This is the stupidest hole I've ever played!"
"What a dumb hole!"

When questioned on it he didn't back down and was saying how unless you can bomb driver over the right bunker you're screwed. It's 280 over the left bunker and 310 to the right but all the balls that clear the left bunker roll into the right. He joked about having to hit a 3 iron off the tee, and then a 3 wood in.

What did he say?
He called it the dumbest hole he's ever played in his life, and that it was unbelievably stupid.

There is something to be said for a 280 yard forced carry off the tee.

Dont hold back Stenson. Not a fan of Chambers I take it ha-ha.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Cut line ended up moving +5 late. Walker, Garcia, Monty all in now.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Cut line ended up moving +5 late. Walker, Garcia, Monty all in now.

That Walker move could impact the contest. Interesting stuff.

Poulter made it too. More whining coming to a press conference and twitter account near you. Lol

Both my picks made the cut, but T44 & T60th ain't gonna cut it. Need Furyk or Walker to post a fantastic early day round.

I think I'm shocked the most at how Rory is playing. I mean I would have thought he would be tearing up this course.
It's funny, JB and I talked about him on Thursday. When he is on he can't be touched. But when he is off everyone knows it. Shoulders are slumped, he Poults and he off my inches. I would hope he can right the ship this weekend

It's funny, JB and I talked about him on Thursday. When he is on he can't be touched. But when he is off everyone knows it. Shoulders are slumped, he Poults and he off my inches. I would hope he can right the ship this weekend
He showed signs of mounting a comeback with that eagle but then ended up dropping back. Had it back to+1. At one point. If he could of held there, would have given him a solid chance.

First golfer will be off at 11:03 Eastern / 8:03 Pacific.
Leaders tee off at 5:50 Eastern / 2:50 Pacific.

The course will be so touch by the time the leaders tee off.
First golfer will be of at 11:03 Eastern / 8:03 Pacific.
Leaders tee off at 5:50 Eastern / 2:50 Pacific.

Low round of the Tourney so far is 65 (-5). Been done twice. There have been three 66's (-4). I bet there will be a few low rounds in those guys starting early today. Somebody could easily climb back to E or -1 for the tournament. That's likely striking distance for tomorrow.

I have a feeling we'll see new leaders at the end of today.
I don't see those two giving up the front spot. I see them coming back but still in the lead

Back