Android Phone Thread

I have the Nexus 6 and absolutely love it. Really all depends on personal preference, what are you looking for in a device?

I mainly use it for web browsing.reading,playing golf star and snapping pics. I've generally been anti Samsung due to touchwiz always seem lagging. I hate bloatware and just want the simple android setup. Htc gives me that,even though it uses sense,but it runs flawless. I just don't know if HTC will release a newer HTC ONE MAX. If they do I'd pick that up.]

I mainly use it for web browsing.reading,playing golf star and snapping pics. I've generally been anti Samsung due to touchwiz always seem lagging. I hate bloatware and just want the simple android setup. Htc gives me that,even though it uses sense,but it runs flawless. I just don't know if HTC will release a newer HTC ONE MAX. If they do I'd pick that up.]

If you can handle the size, sounds like the Nexus would make you happy. The camera doens't have the greatest specs compared to the G4 and s6, but it has taken great pictures for me.

If you can handle the size, sounds like the Nexus would make you happy. The camera doens't have the greatest specs compared to the G4 and s6, but it has taken great pictures for me.
Couldn't have said it better...

Yes, the HTC One camera really sucked in low light conditions. Took good pics when lighting was good. The S6 camera blows it away.

Just ordered a Anker Quick Charge from the Bay for 20 bucks. Really nice to have 2 quick chargers and a wireless charger for the Nexus 6. Not that I need all of them but hey why not haha

Started exploring icon packs and found a really cool one. Elegance and it can be downloaded for free on the Play store. Pretty cool

f0e3c576f3d581e23024b13ae64e641a.jpg

I'm not crazy about the rounded corners, customizable?

I'm not crazy about the rounded corners, customizable?
Not sure but there are so many of them. There was one that was only circles, kinda interesting.

I've got a Galaxy S5 that has started running like absolute crap lately. I want to just wipe it out and start over from scratch. A while ago I did that hard reset in the settings menu, but the minute I enter my Google account info it wants to automatically start installing tons of the apps I've got on it, which are likely the cause why it's running like junk. Should I consider installing a 3rd party ROM on this? How do I do it, what are good ROM's you'd suggest and does anyone know of a handy step by step guide so I don't blow this thing up?

Apologies if this question has been asked/answered over the past 338 pages.

I bought a Galaxy S6 the other day, and downloaded Smart Switch to transfer all of the music, contacts, photos etc etc from my old HTC One to my S6.

Set it up on both phones and followed all the instructions etc, and it said everything transferred.

However, when I go onto the music app on my S6 there is loads of albums/songs missing from my HTC. They seem to be all the ones that I paid for on the Play Store on my HTC. Is there a reason for this?

I've got a Galaxy S5 that has started running like absolute crap lately. I want to just wipe it out and start over from scratch. A while ago I did that hard reset in the settings menu, but the minute I enter my Google account info it wants to automatically start installing tons of the apps I've got on it, which are likely the cause why it's running like junk. Should I consider installing a 3rd party ROM on this? How do I do it, what are good ROM's you'd suggest and does anyone know of a handy step by step guide so I don't blow this thing up?
I used to Root and ROM my Android devices but I do not anymore. It is really confusing and can cause damage to the device if you do it incorrectly. Tons of information out there if you decide to go that route. The big phone manufacturers lock down the phones to stop people from doing this and it is much more difficult than it used to be IMO.

I also use Clean Master which scans your device and gets rid of junk files and things you do not need which can help performance.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

Apologies if this question has been asked/answered over the past 338 pages.

I bought a Galaxy S6 the other day, and downloaded Smart Switch to transfer all of the music, contacts, photos etc etc from my old HTC One to my S6.

Set it up on both phones and followed all the instructions etc, and it said everything transferred.

However, when I go onto the music app on my S6 there is loads of albums/songs missing from my HTC. They seem to be all the ones that I paid for on the Play Store on my HTC. Is there a reason for this?
I have no clue what Smart Switch is but everything should be in Google and if you have it in the Play Store it should be there. I know that Google Photos backs up photos and I also use Dropbox to be safe.

You should be able to turn off backup in your settings. Then reset and you should be good to go.

Another new icon pack this is so much crisper than the others I have found.

8529e946c6e8e3a8c6503accde095d5f.jpg

I used to Root and ROM my Android devices but I do not anymore. It is really confusing and can cause damage to the device if you do it incorrectly. Tons of information out there if you decide to go that route. The big phone manufacturers lock down the phones to stop people from doing this and it is much more difficult than it used to be IMO.

I also use Clean Master which scans your device and gets rid of junk files and things you do not need which can help performance.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.
I just installed Clean Master, we'll see how that works. Thanks!!

You should be able to turn off backup in your settings. Then reset and you should be good to go.
Thanks Wake, going to see if Clean Master helps out first, if not I'll look into that and reset this pig!

Question for anyone who has the LG G4 with Verizon. I am using their built in email program and for the most part it is working great. However, I just discovered that when I am replying or forwarding a message the email that it sends is blank. On my end it looks normal, but once received it's blank. If I compose a new email there are no issues. Anyone know why this is happening and possibly a solution? I really don't want to have to find a new email program.

Thanks!

I just installed Clean Master, we'll see how that works. Thanks!!

You got it man.

Thanks Wake, going to see if Clean Master helps out first, if not I'll look into that and reset this pig!

I am constantly removing apps from my phone that I do not use. This is one of the reasons that I went back to a Nexus device no more Samsung junk.

I still hate 5.0.1 on the G3. It completely ruined this phone for me. Battery life is terrible, my phone runs super hot, where I used to get okay service I don't get anything and the list goes on.

I've found a way to go back to Kit Kat and I'm about ready to pull the trigger.

Tapatalk still doesn't work for me, at least not very well. I've been to work for 30 minutes and sent one message and posted 2 times. I constantly have to force close the app and start over.

Google/LG blew it big time with this update.

I still hate 5.0.1 on the G3. It completely ruined this phone for me. Battery life is terrible, my phone runs super hot, where I used to get okay service I don't get anything and the list goes on.

Tapatalk still doesn't work for me, at least not very well. I've been to work for 30 minutes and sent one message and posted 2 times. I constantly have to force close the app and start over.

That sucks I hope they get a patch update out soon to fix some of the issues. It is crazy I had an S4 before I got my Nexus 6 and the Lollipop worked amazing on both. Ridiculous how it can be so different between carriers and companies.

Good to know. I got the notification on my phone to upgrade. I think I'll pass.

In this instance, I would suggest uninstalling the apps that you don't want before you do a hard reset as, like you say, as soon as you enter your Google info it starts to install all of the apps that were previously installed on that account - in my situation it was ideal as I lost my phone and when I got the replacement I just switched it on, signed in to my Google account and left it while it installed my apps again, 15 minutes later and it was back to how it used to be

I don't know if turning off Google backup will stop the apps re-installing, but if not, you may have to go down the route I have suggested

Before I upgrade my current handset I am going to go through my apps and uninstall any I no longer want before setting up the new one so that I don't end up with extra stuff on my phone

5.1 in site?

That sucks it doesn't jive with the g3, I've really liked it. I'm assuming you've tried the reset. Have you tried a new battery?

Android Phone Thread

I realize asking this question in this thread is asking for a pretty one sided view. But that's fine.

I'm moving up the larger screen phones. In predisposed to go with the IPhone 6+. Mainly due to my comfort level with the IOS and the crashing of Androids I hear so much about.

That said. Can anyone make a solid argument for the Note4 vs the 6+?

I will listen with an open mind.

I realize asking this question in this thread is asking for a pretty one sided view. But that's fine.

I'm moving up the larger screen phones. In predisposed to go with the IPhone 6+. Mainly due to my comfort level with the IOS and the crashing of Androids I hear so much about.

That said. Can anyone make a solid argument for the Note4 vs the 6+?

I will listen with an open mind.
The crashing of Android? I have no idea what you are referring to with this statement.

Go with what feels comfortable for you, my wife has the 6 plus and loves it. She has never owned an Android device and never will. For me I am invested in Google and Android I have been with the platform from the beginning and it is what feels comfortable for me.

Android Phone Thread

The crashing of Android? I have no idea what you are referring to with this statement.

Go with what feels comfortable for you, my wife has the 6 plus and loves it. She has never owned an Android device and never will. For me I am invested in Google and Android I have been with the platform from the beginning and it is what feels comfortable for me.

It could be an individual thing. But MDHacker said his wife's phone android freezes and crashes all the time. Not sure what model. I know that's very vague. Ha

Also the recent news stories about Android being much more vulnerable to hacking and virus have Michelle very worried. For me it's a small concern but not one that would really scare me off completely.

A lot of it will come down to if in comfortable learning a new system. As u just posted in the IPhone thread. My big complaint there is not supporting Flash.

Oh and having to go with 64 GB and not having an option for 32GB that the note provides.

That's a minus for The IPhone as well.

Back