Android Phone Thread

Nice, how do you like it so far? I was really impressed with the speed first a foremost and I absolutely no issues with my S4 or my new Nexus 6.
So far so good. Seems to have speed up and I'm liking it.

So far so good. Seems to have speed up and I'm liking it.
Nice, just takes a little while to get used to the visual differences but after that it is second nature.

Nice, just takes a little while to get used to the visual differences but after that it is second nature.
Most defiantly. Seems the Phone coverage is better to. Haven't seen much more change besides visual.

Most defiantly. Seems the Phone coverage is better to. Haven't seen much more change besides visual.
That's good. I haven't noticed much of the coverage Verizon is so good in my area that I never realized.

That's good. I haven't noticed much of the coverage Verizon is so good in my area that I never realized.
Yea coverage is good around me sept at work. I swear they installed something in hear so they can keep the reception down.

Google play services seems to have increased it's appetite for battery last couple of days...

Yea coverage is good around me sept at work. I swear they installed something in hear so they can keep the reception down.
Yeah thats weak

Yes it is. Guarantee they got blockers. Messes up my THP time.
That is no good. I always go computer for THP at work have to save my data haha

Had a scare yesterday with my S4 getting wet. A bag of rice overnight solved the issue but now I am close to getting a new phone and need to find the best way to transfer the date and files I have on the phone. What is the best way to back-up and transfer the data? sd card? using the computer?

Had a scare yesterday with my S4 getting wet. A bag of rice overnight solved the issue but now I am close to getting a new phone and need to find the best way to transfer the date and files I have on the phone. What is the best way to back-up and transfer the data? sd card? using the computer?

do you know what you are getting? When I went from the S4 to the S5 I used a samsung app that let me sit the phones next to each other and it brought everything over for me. Was called Smart Switch.

Not sure what is next. Currently holding out hope that the next BlackBerry Passport is compatible with more carriers. Something tells me I will wind up with something sooner that has a 6 in the name.

Not sure what is next. Currently holding out hope that the next BlackBerry Passport is compatible with more carriers. Something tells me I will wind up with something sooner that has a 6 in the name.
Nexus 6? I like your style.

Just got the 5.1.1 update to my Verizon Nexus 6 and have seen no issues or problems so far. Still as fast and smooth as ever.

Well I'm a week in with my G3 and so far all is good. I was about to throw it out the window in the first 30 minutes. Per the setup instruction I set an unlock knock code. It didn't give very good info on how to use the knocks. Meaning I didn't realize the two Taps to turn the screen on counted as knocks.

Even the LG online manual didn't describe thst.

Thank you YouTube for coming to the rescue. After that all has been good. But I'm not very far into customizing it yet. Just some go to apps thst I had on my iPhone.

The only pictures I took were a few for the photo WITB and they seem to look pretty good. I hate the auto suggest on the keyboard. I thogut I had turned it off but obviously not. Need to find out how to do thst. It shouldn't take me 10 attempts to type a simple word.

Battery so far is not near as good as my IPhone but I may have something runing thst is eating it up. I generally get a full day maybe 1.5 days. Was used to getting 2 full days at least with the IPhone.

Dead spots are developing in my G3. So uncool. As early as the end of May, it's developed some little tics and stuff that have been frustrating, like sensing touches away from where I'm touching the screen. Now swiping is all but useless. The worst part is this has taken place with it in a case, with a screen protector. I might have to do some surgery and replace the touch screen myself depending on the quote I get from the Geek Squad.

Dead spots are developing in my G3. So uncool. As early as the end of May, it's developed some little tics and stuff that have been frustrating, like sensing touches away from where I'm touching the screen. Now swiping is all but useless. The worst part is this has taken place with it in a case, with a screen protector. I might have to do some surgery and replace the touch screen myself depending on the quote I get from the Geek Squad.
I haven't notified any dead spots. I do have a book cover type case with the circle cutout on the front that shows a hour clock not a digital which I think is cool.

Have you figured out a way to disable the word predictor or autocorrect. That's my biggest frustration right now.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I haven't notified any dead spots. I do have a book cover type case with the circle cutout on the front that shows a hour clock not a digital which I think is cool.

Have you figured out a way to disable the word predictor or autocorrect. That's my biggest frustration right now.

You can download different keyboards, try SwiftKey, once you get used to it it will save you so much time.

You can download different keyboards, try SwiftKey, once you get used to it it will save you so much time.
Ditto for SwiftKey. I love to try new things and have used lots of keyboards over my years as an android user, but I always come back to SwiftKey. It's just really good...

Got a system update on my S5, it's working right now, so I'm not sure it's going to help or not, hopefully.

On a side note, I downloaded a free cleaning/clearing App that is supposed to take out all the junk files, cache crap and things to that nature that holds space on your phone. WOW, that really worked! I was able to clear out just over 3GB of space off my phone! 3GB! That's nuts!

Got a system update on my S5, it's working right now, so I'm not sure it's going to help or not, hopefully.

On a side note, I downloaded a free cleaning/clearing App that is supposed to take out all the junk files, cache crap and things to that nature that holds space on your phone. WOW, that really worked! I was able to clear out just over 3GB of space off my phone! 3GB! That's nuts!

what app was that?

Id like to know as well..

I'm in line to find out that app as well.

I saw a similar app posted on FB yesterday but was afraid to try it. I can't remember the name.

Back