The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear Jenn. Best wishes for you and tha family

Really sorry for your loss Jenn. Really feel for his family...can't imagine their pain.

On Friday the rental car lady gave me a little lecture about being precise about the time I would meet their rep at the auto body shop because she had to schedule someone to be there (i.e., "8-ish" wasn't sufficient; 8am was). Today nobody from the stupid rental place shows up to meet me at 8am. In the grand scheme of things this is very small potatoes. But it got under my skin. I gave the manager an earful.

Car won't turn over. Hope it's just the battery and not something like the alternator.

Does the flu effect your I'm Batman voice?

Not in the least bit. I pulled a, "WHERE IS SHE?!?" before laughing and then coughing a lot. Gotta laugh through the death warmed over.

Car won't turn over. Hope it's just the battery and not something like the alternator.

We're picking up ours today as the radiator cooling fan went out Friday. Cost will be approx $340.00 and we just spent $845.00 on a new timing belt then add another rather large chunk for Michelin tires last November and this stuff is getting old. Maybe the cost of a battery or alternator will hurt less now. :dazed:

We're picking up ours today as the radiator cooling fan went out Friday. Cost will be approx $340.00 and we just spent $845.00 on a new timing belt then add another rather large chunk for Michelin tires last November and this stuff is getting old. Maybe the cost of a battery or alternator will hurt less now. :dazed:

Ouch. My vehicle is getting old too. It was only the battery something had come loose but I've got some other stuff that needs to be taken care of on it. Add to that, the deductible we are going to have to pay for someone who side-swiped my wife's car in a parking lot and drove off without a note, the vehicle bills are adding up this month.

It's like 94 with 75% humidity.

Whyyyyyyyyhy do I work outside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cause sitting in an office just isn't for some of us!

Ouch. My vehicle is getting old too. It was only the battery something had come loose but I've got some other stuff that needs to be taken care of on it. Add to that, the deductible we are going to have to pay for someone who side-swiped my wife's car in a parking lot and drove off without a note, the vehicle bills are adding up this month.

Honestly dude we need JRod to give us constant guidance. KellyBo and I picked up our car today and hopefully that sucker will behave for the next several months! :act-up:. Nowwwwww I find out my fricking truck door won't open from the inside. I have to roll the window down and it opens fine from the outside. Old vehicles are ok but they do wear out :bulgy-eyes:

Honestly dude we need JRod to give us constant guidance. KellyBo and I picked up our car today and hopefully that sucker will behave for the next several months! :act-up:. Nowwwwww I find out my fricking truck door won't open from the inside. I have to roll the window down and it opens fine from the outside. Old vehicles are ok but they do wear out :bulgy-eyes:

Wait lemme guess....

Chevy Silverado or C/K series??

Back and forth with the car dealer. Back and forth. And back. And forth. And back.

I'm pretty sure it was close to that in my office today. Emergency energy and cost savings my @$$......I'm dying.

Back and forth with the car dealer. Back and forth. And back. And forth. And back.
I actually enjoy that game quite a bit.

I'm pretty sure it was close to that in my office today. Emergency energy and cost savings my @$$......I'm dying.

I actually enjoy that game quite a bit.

I agree it's fun to a point. We're getting along and were able to make a deal. And he gave me 4 free rounds to a nearby country club, which I'm almost more excited about.

I agree it's fun to a point. We're getting along and were able to make a deal. And he gave me 4 free rounds to a nearby country club, which I'm almost more excited about.
Sandbagging son of a.....

I'm not sure I could overcome that in a negotiation. :golf:

I am so out of shape it's not funny. Today was our first full day of vacation in DC and we walked EVERYWHERE. From 8:30am until 5pm we walked. I am so sore right now, and there's 3 more days of this ahead. At least the hotel beds are somewhat comfortable... something tells me I'm not going to want to get out of it tomorrow morning!

Ellie came up lame on her leg last night and still wont put any pressure on it today. She just had ACL surgery on the other leg a few months back and now this one. She is going to the vet at 3pm today to hopefully get some info. Not sure she can have the surgery because of her heart condition, so it's a tough spot to be in.

We should know more in a few hours, but not the best timing for obvious reasons.

I'm hoping it's something minor and she will recover on her own.

Stupid storm, tornado warning at the house last night with actual circulation but never developed anything. But I was at work and had to calm the wife down over the phone.

Probably right. Battery just needed to be replaced but I still have to get my vehicle inspected and the airbag light is on, so I'm thinking I may need to replace that sensor.

Bought a new Chevy truck and ordered the Tonneau cover (tri fold Al.) and been back 2 twice to have it put on, 1st time no brackets, today they call and it is the wrong one and is 6" too short...uggg

That never really bothers me... actually, I kind of like it. Of course I am a salesman sooo...
My wife detests it though!

My rant is for the poor bastard with the Volvo in my shop that needs an 1100$ axle .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back