Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Makes my sick... What a tragedy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
Makes my sick... What a tragedy.

It really is and its nobody's fault. The K-9 cars are equipped to keep a dog safely in the vehicle, but the A/C failed. Horrible.

Just crazy to think that the AC failed AND the system that lets the windows down failed, too. Just awful.

Hope this changes their policy.

• Admin
Just crazy to think that the AC failed AND the system that lets the windows down failed, too. Just awful.

Hope this changes their policy.

The worst part of this whole thing. The comments on that article are from people that actually choose who runs this country. Take a read for 5 minutes and then tell me you dont want to move someplace else.

Very very sad......reliant on technology which at times fails to avoid this very situation. I just hope that some good lessons are learned from this senseless death.

Ugh that's so sad.

Just saw this as well. Just awful.

Can't believe this happened. Very sad!

this is horrible!

I just learned that the K-9 cars are made to keep the dogs safely inside, but it still seems a bit cruel to me to leave him in the car.

has it ever happened before?

That is very sad to read and the comments prove that more idiots have access to the internet than ever before.

Sad indeed. Hate stuff like this

Sad news

That's hurts.

Just awful and sad.

I work the road as a cop and I got to say is the only liability I see is if the heat sensor alarm was not maintained properly. Other than that, police dogs are kept in cars for long periods, there is nothing wrong with that. Sometimes bad things just happen.

Bad enough we see people leaving their dogs in the vehicles, but for a K-9 to be left is just sad..

JB: As for the comments on tmz's site just proves that a good culling is in order.

this is horrible!

I just learned that the K-9 cars are made to keep the dogs safely inside, but it still seems a bit cruel to me to leave him in the car.

has it ever happened before?

Yes it has unfortunately happened, and it is the reason systems were put in place to protect the dog. We had a similar system in our K9 cars that would actually open the doors if it got too hot inside. This led to additional problems when a dog got out of the car after the AC failed and ended up biting someone.

It's an awful situation, and short of improvements in the heat alarm systems in the vehicle I am not sure how it can be avoided. The dogs can't go everywhere the officer goes, and you sure can't leave them tied up outside.

Just a really sad thing all the way around. I cannot imagine how horrible the deputy feels.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

very very sad. but i'm curious why a k-9 cop would be assigned to this shift (sorry if "shift" is the wrong terminology). what purpose could the dog serve? i understand if the dog is walking around with the officer, but to have to get back to the car quickly to get the dog out and then address a particular situation seems ineffective.

That's terrible .

Really sad. Sucks to see it happen especially because it wasn't a quick thing and that dog I'm sure was struggling for a long time in the car.

Sometimes events request police dogs and other specific type units. Most likely in this case, the assignment was overtime for the officers and sign up would be senority based. The officer signed up for the gig and took his dog with him in case he got called out for a different K9 call for service.
very very sad. but i'm curious why a k-9 cop would be assigned to this shift (sorry if "shift" is the wrong terminology). what purpose could the dog serve? i understand if the dog is walking around with the officer, but to have to get back to the car quickly to get the dog out and then address a particular situation seems ineffective.

Sometimes events request police dogs and other specific type units. Most likely in this case, the assignment was overtime for the officers and sign up would be senority based. The officer signed up for the gig and took his dog with him in case he got called out for a different K9 call for service.

that makes a lot of sense. very tragic.

Back