Feedback Journal Thread - The HandCrafted Experience w/ Project X

i see this happening after dinner at BP

attachment.php

Poor Don

I'm going to start laying odds that you'll have something added before the event is over! :alien: Maybe "PM 64", and not for a PM Grind Wedge, but the number of PM's you've sent to Don! :alien2:

Without a doubt...And for good measure, I already changed it.

Well this thread took an interesting turn...

Got out for 18 at my home course. Had by far my worst swing I've had in probably 2 months. Even battled the dreaded shanks for 2 holes but shook them off. Took driver out on all 14 holes. Hit 8 of 14 fairways. Had the 2 longest drives I've ever hit on #2 and #8. However also lost 2 off the tee both out to the right. Still seeing a mid ball flight and good hits tend to go straight. I'm thinking maybe a couple grams lighter and possibly a touch more height would do the trick. Of the 6 missed fairways, 5 were to the right and one to the left. Will probably get out for a range session over the weekend and one final round on Monday before heading out to SD! Also, this weekend I will be posting my Trackman numbers from my experience the other day.

Looking forward to this event!

I'm not sure there is going to be enough beer at Ballast Point.

We have arranged that to not be the case.
We told them first that you wanted a completely dry meal (meaning sober) and then figured, we still really kind of like you, so changed that to all you can drink.

This has been one of, if not the most fun, event threads to follow (both, if you count the main event thread) in a while. Thanks everyone, especially Don.

Can't wait to follow along during the actual event.

Wow I missed some crazy shizz HAHAHA

This is going to be a fun time for sure!

1400038371372.jpg

Just kidding. This thread has taken a hilarious turn and I must say I like it.

Wow, judging from the conversations in here, this event will be epic! Designing your own one of a kind shaft.... seriously who does this?

Wow, judging from the conversations in here, this event will be epic! Designing your own one of a kind shaft.... seriously who does this?

THPers brother...hehe

The Live Update thread is going to be absolutely epic, I promise you that. Ddec and I will be doing some fun things and we will have Don and others setup via mobile as well.

Love my handcrafted, looking forearm to some new action.

THPers brother...hehe

The Live Update thread is going to be absolutely epic, I promise you that. Ddec and I will be doing some fun things and we will have Don and others setup via mobile as well.
You got that right! :)

I can't wait to follow along. It will indeed be epic, with THP doing another world first!

Played at an away course today, Bentwater Golf Club, which hosted a THP Tour Van stop in the fall of 2012 and was the site of my first THP event. Probably only my 4th round on this course. Has a few tough driving holes. Used the Project X test shaft on 13 of 14 non par 3's, and hit 11 fairways with Driver. I'd played my last round with the LZ shaft in my XR head so it was nice to see how the test shaft compared. I'll say it felt just fine. I didn't have a great drive swing today but the shaft worked fine with me and the forgiveness in the XR head means decent results even on poor swings.

Shot shapes for the drives were as follows:

Mid height Draw - 6
Low height Draw - 4
Mid height Straight - 1
Low height Straight - 2

Going to play my final round in Georgia before the flight out tomorrow and then my last round with the test shaft will be Wednesday afternoon in Cali.
I've grown accustomed to the shaft and and feels just fine to me. Not too stiff and I feel no torque at all. When I hit a poor drive I know its my swing that caused it. Good swings net good results with this shaft. Can't wait to find out what I've been hitting and its characteristics.

Played 18 today. Last AZ round w the test shaft.
Today was one of my best driver days that I can remember, until I sliced the bejeezus out of my drive on 18.
I just let my swing go today, and averaged 280 yds. Pretty straight, a touch of fade, mid to mid-high flight. Hit the center of the club face, ball just behaved perfectly. Drove thru a fairway on a line that I had never gone thru, easy 260 carry.
Bottom line - if this is a base shaft, I cannot WAIT to get a shaft built for me and my swing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played 18 today with the test shaft, and overall hit it fairly well. Only hit 5 fairways, but the statistic is a little deceiving as I had several good drives just leak through the fairway or just off the edge. Feel like I understand the shot shape this shaft gives me.

Hole by hole:
Hole 1, Par 4, 323yd
Hit a really solid drive with about 5 yards of fade, leaked off the fairway to the right though. Had about 60 yards to the pin. DISTANCE: About 260 yds

Hole 2, Par 4, 401yd
Pushed this one a little more than intended, but got a decent result a few yards off the right side of the fairway. Had about 160 in. DISTANCE: About 240 yds

Hole 3, Par 4, 349yd
Not a good swing. Big push. Got away with it and found the ball, but I was out of sync here. Had about 125 in. DISTANCE: About 225 yds

Hole 6, Par 5, 460yd
A little thin, but got a controllable fade and hit the fairway. Had 240 in. DISTANCE: About 220 yds

Hole 9, Par 5, 498yd
Into a strong wind, hit a solid drive to the right side of the fairway. Had 280 in. DISTANCE: About 220 yds (into wind)

Hole 10, Par 4, 343yd
An ugly little pull into a pot bunker. Nothing good here. DISTANCE: About 200 yds (into wind)

Hole 11, Par 5, 516yd
A little fade on this one, but the wind grabbed it off the tee and pushed it right into a fairway bunker. DISTANCE: About 210 yds (into wind)

Hole 12, Par 4, 344yd
Absolutely roasted it down the center of the fairway with a slight cut. Had just under 100 yards to the center. DISTANCE: About 245 yds (into wind)

Hole 13, Par 4, 405yd
Caught a little off the toe, but great ball speed nonetheless and I ended up just off the left of the fairway in a decent spot. Had just 130 in. DISTANCE: About 275 yds (with wind)

Hole 15, Par 4, 370yd
Low off the face with a slight fade. Just caught the edge of a bunker unfortunately. DISTANCE: About 225 yds (into wind)

Hole 17, Par 5, 481yd
Again low off the face slight fade, didn't quite carry a bunker in this case and got swallowed up. DISTANCE: About 230 yds

Hole 18, Par 4, 391yd
An awesome, well struck drive that faded ever so slightly and ended up in the fairway with about 145 left. DISTANCE: About 250 yds

For the record I have lovely feet. Project X will be missing out due to their fascist "no open toe shoes" policy.

My first rule is president would be to outlaw open toed shoes for men.

For the record I have lovely feet. Project X will be missing out due to their fascist "no open toe shoes" policy.
No man has pretty feet. Flipflops should be banned, burned, and buried.

My first rule is president would be to outlaw open toed shoes for men.

how can you say that living in Florida?! it's too d@mn hot to NOT let those dogs breathe. if you did that as president, we'd secede.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last 15 minutes of catching up on this thread has been...fun and well...Interesting, where else on the internet can you read about peaches and men's toes within a couple posts of each other. Well I'm sure there are places, but gladly I'm not familar with them :bashful:

Back