Cobra King Forged Irons Preview

These both look stunning.

Those MB's are absolutely beautiful, but I think a full set of CB's might be more my speed.

I don't do dark finish irons, but the Forged Tec look pretty darn fun to me with some of those shaft combos.

MB irons with tungsten, yummy.

Those look so good it hurts.

? for jb: can you mix and match forged tec, cb and mb? forged tec in 5i, cb in 6i and 7i, mb on down to pw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG those TECs with C-Tapers. :bulgy-eyes:

These are gorgeous!!! I played the Cobra S3 Pro's, and I loved that set.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

JB did they explain to you why then went from the old "King Cobra" to "Cobra King?"

Also, I know it's easy to switch out but it would have been cool to have color options, but perhaps they are tired of continually offering it and people usally choosing 3 of the colors (black, white, orange for Rickie I guess)

afb04180ee19e5a9a05b96c5d2498804.jpg

They really nailed the looks department IMO

Yeah in hand they remind me more of Amp than Bio and Fly, which is a good thing in my opinion.

Looking good. How is the blade length and sole width?

Looking good. How is the blade length and sole width?

With my Apex
5354fdedab096ad29767fa3d7d6b7bf7.jpg

dec17e932802c2b21565fcd96c36a83f.jpg

The Apex are a TINY bit larger. Close to the same size.

that side by side helps. I thought they'd be slimmer like the AMP Forged was. I like what I am seeing.

Was it the Forged Tec that they advertised as being for 10 and under handicaps? If so, looking at those next to the Apex makes me think they could be played by a wider range of folks. I was expecting a smaller blade - this slightly larger size makes me happy.

Even though I couldn't play them...those black irons would look great in a certain staff bag. I like this line a lot more than their previous offerings in the looks department. Will get a few swings on them for sure.

Love how they look, but they probably aren't for me. I'll never get down to a 3. The cavity backs would probably be okay. But, I like a little more forgiveness than these are probably going to provide. Sigh. My cross to bear.

With my Apex
5354fdedab096ad29767fa3d7d6b7bf7.jpg

dec17e932802c2b21565fcd96c36a83f.jpg

The Apex are a TINY bit larger. Close to the same size.

Oh, wow.

WOW. I'd hit that.

I will say though, I do want to hit the CB/MB's desperately as well.

Wow those look really sharp.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it the Forged Tec that they advertised as being for 10 and under handicaps? If so, looking at those next to the Apex makes me think they could be played by a wider range of folks. I was expecting a smaller blade - this slightly larger size makes me happy.
Maybe this is something that hasn't really been answered as of yet, which might explain the first thing that leaped into my mind when I read your post...

Have Cobra stated any lines that the King & Forged Tec lines are replacing? Is Forged Tec the replacement for the Fly-Z+ Forged irons? Then it makes sense that Cobra is saying the Fly-Z and XL irons are sticking around for the beginner and intermediate markets.

made the mistake of going to the cobra website and now I cant get those black cb/mb combo out of head. I wish I had any kind of game to play those. That black/orange combo is SICK. Would love to try to play the forged tec irons if they put in that color scheme.

The Forged TEC remind me a lot of the S2 Forged from several years ago. Think that was one of the last sets from when they were still under Acushnet ownership. Cavity looks a little smaller with less offset than the S2 Forged, but that was a great set of irons, and one that I played for several years before moving on to the Apex.

Will have to look at these and the new Apex whenever it is time to replace my Apex... hopefully that isn't for a while.

Ridiculously good looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back